Royal Wedding -who's watching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find it hard to believe Kate would do her own make up on the day. She doesn't need to do anything herself anore in her Princess fairytale life. Wouldn't any bride choose to have someone else do their make up for such an occasion? Why take lessons and have the make up person there just in case they are needed? She had a hair stylist with her all day and I'm sure people helping her dress, etc so I just don't buy that she claims to have done her own make up. It did look better under the veil and the highly blushed cheeks were obvious but she didn't look made up to look like she was natural with little make up applied.

I still say she looked beautiful.

Well supposedly she and William aren't going to have servants for at least two years, while he's finishing up his search and rescue work. So maybe the makeup thing is believable-and many brides are afraid they won't look like themselves when someone else does their makeup. Some of that bridal makeup can look very bad if someone doesn't know what they're doing.

Of course she could get the best makeup artist in the world. I just like that story and want to believe it's true. Don't believe in "fairytale" weddings or marriages or lives but the makeup thing would just be cool.

I question them foregoing servants also. I laugh at the thought of Kate scrubbing floors and toilets, doing laundry, cleaning the fireplace or wood stove....they have to have a bodyguard with them every time they go out. Someone's got to take care of the logistics of them getting around-you know, booking flights and scheduling the helicopter rides from Palace to Palace, and scheduling their calendars. Perhaps these things are being taken care of by staff at the Palace and communication to/from the couple in Wales, who knows. As much as they wish to live as "normal" as possible, we common folks I guess want to see the fairytale part of their lives and cannot imagine them living like we do (especially after watching that wedding coverage in all its pomp and tradition!)

I think they could not have servants but just hire a cleaning service like many well-off people do. There's a big difference between that and "servants" and I don't think that anyone would (or should) give them guff for it.

Kate Middleton's Wedding Dress: Knockoff Hits Stores - ABC News

abc_wedding_dress_model_jef_110502_mn.jpg

I think media wondered if Kate was inspired by Grace Kelly's wedding dress:

grace-kelly-wedding-dress-pictures-96058.jpg

I thought Kate looked absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!

I think, but I dont know, if Diana's dress was the first Royal Wedding dress to be so, big and puffy, yet Diana carried it so well! she looked shy and with minimum make-up, she still looked radiant! Hey I was a little kid in '81, lol, I dont remember it. Just saw it on recent footage.

anyone know if hers was the first to be like it was, for Royals? :p
I suppose thou, Diana was gaining popularity with the public before the wedding, so on the day, looked very much like a fairytale princess thanks to that dress. but no matter how many comment about the dress looking crumpled as she entered, I always look past that quickly because in whole, she was a beautiful bride too. :)

I liked how Harry turned around from the altar to see her, and William wouldn't. It looked like he told William that she or the dress looked absolutely gorgeous.

That Harry seems like a naughty boy :wink: His on/off girlfriend was there but she sat way in the back-so maybe she's off right now.

It's just odd to see no one show emotion on such an emotional occasion.

My mum reckoned that Harry said to William "she scrubs up well".

I read that William leaned over to Kate's dad at the altar and said something like "It was supposed to just be a small, family affair."

:lol:

I loved watching the wedding, and thought Catherine looked gorgeous. Her eye make-up was a bit heavy, but other than that, she looked great.

I'm happy for the both of them, but mostly for William. He's had it rough since day one - parents' troubled marriage, very public divorce, his mother dying when he was 15. So, I saw him getting married as a shot of happiness for him, something he's never really had.

The only bad thing about this wedding is that I run a royal blog and one of the reasons why I started it was to see if William would ever marry Catherine. Now that he has, there's almost no reason to run it anymore. The wedding was the climax, and everything now is anti-climatic. I guess I could wait for the kids, but that may take a while.

Diana's dress style would not have looked good on Kate. The dress at the time was stylish for 80's fairy tale brides, but Diana was so much younger so the dress suited her. Kate, on the other hand is near 10 years older than Diana was and seems to be classier and more mature than Diana was at the time of her wedding. Both women are tall, slender and wear clothes well. I think both women made good choices for their wedding gowns and looks but my vote definately goes to Kate. She was radiant, beautiful, breathtaking.

Loved those photos of Kate out doing normal commoner housewife duties less than a week from her over the top very public wedding! She looks just as sleek and beautiful in jeans and sweatshirt with her hair down long and straight doing the weekly shop!

So the Middletons have their home in Bucklesbury on the market and are moving on up. That didn't take long.

I wonder how long before Pippa walks down the aisle and before some juicy dirt is dug up on that brother James. Inquiring minds..........:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom