Rocky Horror Picture Show Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screwtape2

Blue Crack Addict
Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Dr
I think this is the right part of the forum to post this, if not feel free to move it.

1. Next Friday, I'm going to an audience participation showing at midnight. But I'm not dressing up. So I have two questions for those who have done this:
a. Was it as fun as it sounds?
b. Did you find it hard remembering what to say, if so was the experience as fun?

2. Appreciate the film, soundtrack, and all the other stuff related to this pop culture classic.

I want to see a midnight show soooo bad :sad:

Timewarp :drool: I love Tim Curry and this movie but I do NOT like the extended version :no:

Brings back some fun memories :up:

Take some toast for me me

Dammit, Janet! :lol:

(My mom's name is Janet & you all know how moms can be sometimes. :censored: Ever since the first time Mr. Blu & I saw this years ago, when my mom does something that frustrates or irritates us, that's the quote we use. :giggle: We just make sure we don't ever say it in front of her!! :ohmy: :D )

bono_212 said:

Timewarp :drool: I love Tim Curry and this movie but I do NOT like the extended version :no:

I love that song and Tim Curry :drool: :drool: Oh and I prefer the original version of the movie any day of the week.

Hard to believe that when I was younger this movie used to scare me :shifty: Now I love it and really do need to get a copy of it,lol.

Screwtape2 said:
1. Next Friday, I'm going to an audience participation showing at midnight. But I'm not dressing up. So I have two questions for those who have done this:
b. Did you find it hard remembering what to say, if so was the experience as fun?

I went to one a couple of years ago (I didn't dress up), and it was awesome. It was very, very fun. You have not experienced the movie until you've had toast thrown at you during it :drool:
As for remembering the audience participation lines, it's fun even when you don't remember them, because somebody will, and you'll get to laugh anyway. Plus there's nothing like experiencing a movie you love with a bunch of strangers who love it just as much as you do.

However, doing the Time Warp, in a dark, crowded theater, with water and rice on the floor is a bit tricky. Especially because of the rice. Be careful not to slip and fall.

you know what'd be great?

Rocky Horror Snakes Picture Show on a Plane

:drool:

Last edited:
Re: Re: Rocky Horror Picture Show Appreciation Thread

DreamOutLoud13 said:

However, doing the Time Warp, in a dark, crowded theater, with water and rice on the floor is a bit tricky. Especially because of the rice. Be careful not to slip and fall.

Yeah, I fell on my ass and took down a row of people:reject:
I used to go a lot when I was in college. It was really fun

rhps_032SweetT.jpg

"Im just a sweet transvestite"

So tonight, I went to the movie. It was so fun because everyone was really into it. The best part was when people ran up to the screen to touch Susan Surandon.
I had alot of difficulties with the props though. All of my rice landed on the people in front of me. Releasing that I didn't have toast, I put hot dog buns into the microwave and used those. When I dispensed my cards, they ended up raining down on two people in front of me. One of those cards landed in a woman's blouse. :tsk: Then when I threw the toilet paper, it failed to unravel and flew into the crowd with way more velocity than I would have liked. But the whole experience was great. If you haven't gone, you really should.

:hug: Don't worry, I'm sure you're not the first person to have had prop difficulties. In fact, I'm pretty sure I hit the guy sitting behind me in the face with my roll of toilet paper when I went :lol:

I :heart: this movie and have seen it at least a half dozen times but I've never gone with a group to see it in the theatre which I would LOVE to do and really get into it!

:drool: Tell them you're a virgin. The first time I went was with a bunch of virgins and it was fantastic. But dress up! For the love of god, dress up! If you don't want to be booed, that is.

:bump:

I know this is a VERY old thread, but I just recently saw RHPS for the first time on DVD and I'm in love! :D Me and my best friend really want to go to a midnight showing. :) I'm dressing up as Columbia and she'll dress up as Magenta. (We have to get our costumes first. haha)
Any tips from anybody who's been before? We're just virgins. :cute: :wink:

I think this is the right part of the forum to post this, if not feel free to move it.

2. Appreciate the film, soundtrack, and all the other stuff related to this pop culture classic.

Wow......this seventies cult classic is still popular?

Here is my advise......take some news paper, water squirt gun and rice.

And the toast, you can't forget the toast!

And never turn your head to face the row behind you when the guy behind you has a water pistol.... :voiceofexperience:

Loadsafun!!! (and yep this is an old thread, I wonder if Screwtape went again?)

Back
Top Bottom