Robin Williams has died of suspected suicide at 63

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rest in peace. I have fond memories of some of his movies from my childhood (particularly Mrs. Doubtfire and Jumanji), but I'll be frank - most of the time I didn't find him funny. That hyperactive, manic humour is just not my thing. However, his dramatic roles were excellent. The Fisher King is a favourite of mine, largely due to his performance, and he made a very, very convincing sociopath in both Insomnia and One Hour Photo. He was a rare breed in terms of being a very convincing lead in both comedy and drama, and no one can't deny his talent.

Damn... he was the funniest guy on the planet, always able to make so many people smile. :( If only he could've used his talents to make himself smile a little longer..

Depression is shite.

was absolutely gutted to hear the news last night... loved him in Mork and Mindy when i was a kid... so many special movie memories with my kids as they were growing up, watching his films - we all loved the guy... tragic and just so very sad

RIP sweet funny man

I'm really sad about this, death of celebrities never really gets to me, but this has hit me hard today.

I remember watching Mork and Mindy reruns with Dad when I was very young. Toys, Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire, Jack, Jumanji, Flubber, Patch Adams and Bicentennial Man these movies were my childhood. I've never got around to watching many of his other films but I'm going to make sure I do in the near future.

RIP Robin.

I'm really sad about this, death of celebrities never really gets to me, but this has hit me hard today.

I remember watching Mork and Mindy reruns with Dad when I was very young. Toys, Aladdin, Mrs Doubtfire, Jack, Jumanji, Flubber, Patch Adams and Bicentennial Man these movies were my childhood. I've never got around to watching many of his other films but I'm going to make sure I do in the near future.

RIP Robin.

Make sure to check out Fisher King and Awakenings.

His work in a classic episode of Homicide: Life on the Street called Bop Gun (written by David Simon himself) was among his best.

Just stopping by to pay my respects. A true comic genius and versatile actor. An immense talent all round. RIP

A long time ago, my friend and I were driving around in the desert listening to a cassette of a stand-up performance of his. I found it difficult to see and breathe as I drove because I was laughing so hard.

I can't imagine the horror of choosing suicide.

So someone explain this thing to me. The mental illness/depression aspect.

Cuz this fucker sounds like he was just a huge bitch.

Famed actor and comedian Robin Williams committed suicide by hanging himself, and had attempted to slash his wrist beforehand, authorities said today.

Marin County Sheriff's Lt. Keith Boyd said Williams, 63, hanged himself with a belt in his bedroom, where he was found “in a seated position” by his personal assistant shortly before 11:45 a.m. Monday. A pocket knife was found near Williams’ body, and Williams had suffered several cuts to his left wrist, Boyd said.

Williams was last seen at his Tiburon home at 10 p.m. Sunday.

deep, I must give you credit. You have shown great restraint amongst the trolls.

Hey Gaffy, depression sucks. Let that penetrate your cranium for a few seconds.

Back
Top Bottom