Robin Williams has died of suspected suicide at 63

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's great, actually, but I'm guessing that your projecting a bit of frustration on your end huh pal?

Perhaps. But I wonder if your tendency to make assumptions and condescend to people is part of the reason why nobody on this board likes you.

Perhaps. But I wonder if your tendency to make assumptions and condescend to people is part of the reason why nobody on this board likes you.

What did I assume or condescend? You've been spewing patently fucking stupid shit in your last few posts and people are calling you out on it. And what is this board to you, a popularity contest? :lol:

Here's an assumption that actually gives you the benefit of the doubt, cause, y'know, apparently you're a swell guy who just randomly decidedly to jokingly troll us this week: Don't drink and post. :wink:

You know, I hoped that a mod calling out his behavior would be a signal to not start and/or continue an argument with him.

GAF, I don't know if you're posting drunk or just deciding to be deliberately belligerent for shits and giggles (or both), but you've crossed the line.

Last edited:
I was never a big Robin Williams fan, but damn if I didn't see Mrs Doubtfire a shitload of times when I was a kid.

I hate to be morbid, but isn't it difficult to hang one's self from a sitting position?

Bear in mind this is totally anecdotal and based off shit I've seen rather than statistics I didn't feel like googling:

Yes. Those are the people who really want to do it. They don't call their friends or family or 911 and say they're going to kill themselves, and they don't --or make sure to take enough pills/booze/whatever on top of hanging themselves to numb/impair themselves enough--fight it off when their body reverts to its natural survival instinct to get up. I don't know how much thought anyone who has ever hanged themselves that way has ever put into weighing it against failing, cutting out the chance that the rope/cord will break under your body weight, but I've always been of the mind that if I was going to kill myself, I'd be sure to do it right--and that would entail minimizing any chance that I may screw up (i.e. rope breaking, gunshot only taking out my frontal lobe, not taking enough to actually od).

Now how is that for morbid.

I figured something like that. It's similar to trying to drown yourself, the survival instinct will cause you to come back up for air. Obviously the way around this is to swim down so far you don't have time to come back up, but that seems like a lot of work.

Toxicology reports won't be completed for a few weeks so we won't know if he had some assistance or really did have the amount of willpower to see it through without.

To continue the morbid discussion... David Foster Wallace actually tied his wrists with duct tape before hanging himself. That's another "innovative" way of dealing with the survival instinct.

Terrible. I felt dirty just writing that.

I figured something like that. It's similar to trying to drown yourself, the survival instinct will cause you to come back up for air. Obviously the way around this is to swim down so far you don't have time to come back up, but that seems like a lot of work.

Toxicology reports won't be completed for a few weeks so we won't know if he had some assistance or really did have the amount of willpower to see it through without.

Any reporting of suicide that talks about the method and all that fucking disgusts me.

Articles like this are absolutely abhorrent. Not a single bit of it should be made public. It goes against every mental health org's recommendations on how to report on suicide. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/art...022534822?nk=9bd1867d6c5b6d59219373a613a5ba44

Any reporting of suicide that talks about the method and all that fucking disgusts me.

Articles like this are absolutely abhorrent. Not a single bit of it should be made public. It goes against every mental health org's recommendations on how to report on suicide. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/art...022534822?nk=9bd1867d6c5b6d59219373a613a5ba44

Not a fan either. The Washington Post wrote a great article about this yesterday:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-the-wrong-way-the-suicide-contagion-effect/

Yeah, I am not a fan. Why? It's none of my fucking business, that's why.

I did try to temper how morbid my post was, I'm not too good at it sometimes having been warped by almost 8 years in EMS.

My mom was telling me that there was some special about him on CNN last night. That seems super tacky, to me. Why cobble something together, in a day, like that?

You know what I hope to see? I really, really hope that they put on another Comic Relief. Do it as a memorial, but have the Comic Relief going as well, it would probably make about as much as it did after Katrina. He'd probably appreciate that, since, as far as I can tell, the cause they selected for that was all his doing in the first place.

My mom was telling me that there was some special about him on CNN last night. That seems super tacky, to me. Why cobble something together, in a day, like that?

We're talking CNN here. "Super tacky" is how they roll. Shit like this is the backbone of their existence.

You know what I hope to see? I really, really hope that they put on another Comic Relief. Do it as a memorial, but have the Comic Relief going as well, it would probably make about as much as it did after Katrina. He'd probably appreciate that, since, as far as I can tell, the cause they selected for that was all his doing in the first place.

Comic Relief with proceeds going to mental health services and promoting awareness would be a nice thing to see.

Bu8aEK_IAAA4em9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom