RIP Tony Curtis.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my faves. The Great Leslie :applaud:

Sad news. It's to the point now that I'm surprised anyone I grew up enjoying in tv and/or film is still alive.

It was on Turner Classic Movies. The extra info they talked about was awesome. Apparently Blake Edwards and Natalie Wood had broken up recently, so the first pie she takes to the face was thrown by Edwards. :lol::lol::lol:

If people haven't seen The Great Race, it's quite funny. The pie-throwing scene is classic, along with Henry Mancini's Pie In The Face Polka.
(and it has Jack Lemmon as the bad guy, too, if you are a Some Like It Hot fan)

Last edited:
Never knew that about Wood and Edwards. That's a funny bit of trivia. And it's probably the greatest pie fight put to film. Curtis waltzing through the scene in his perfect all white attire, observing the mayhem all around him yet never getting hit with a pie.
I think he gets one in the end from Natalie

Probably my favorite Curtis dramatic turn was Sweet Smell of Success as a back-stabbing, double-crossing sleazeball agent trying to move up in the biz. With Burt Lancaster stringing him along. Also, The Rat Race with Debbie Reynolds, as a struggling couple in NYC is quite good.

He was underrated as an actor.

Back
Top Bottom