RIP Ryan Dunn (of Jackass fame) :((

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the friends tells TMZ ... Dunn had 3 Miller Lites and 3 "girly shots" between 10:30 PM and 2:10 AM -- nearly a 4 hour span -- but he was "not too drunk to drive."

Yes well you tend to think that.

000cdefr

THE EEB!

That's a little harsh. I hate drinking and driving as much as the next person, but no one deserves to lose their life for making a stupid decision. Doesn't seem like an appropriate time for serves-you-right type judgments

That's a little harsh. I hate drinking and driving as much as the next person, but no one deserves to lose their life for making a stupid decision. Doesn't seem like an appropriate time for serves-you-right type judgments

I'd be a little more on your side if he hadn't killed someone else as well. That being said, any loss of life is unfortunate.

I'm not going to pretend for a moment I've ever liked that show or the things those guys did, and the reason why is quite simple: It's a literal question of is THIS how you want to be remembered?

Perhaps his most notorious prank was the coda to “Jackass the Movie” (2002). Mr. Dunn inserted a toy car into his posterior, then hobbled to a doctor’s office for an X-ray. He convinced the doctor that the insertion had occurred after he had passed out at a fraternity party.

I mean it's one thing to say that's how you want to be remembered when you're a young guy and whatever, but if you knew ahead of time you were going to die young, would you really? That's all I'm getting at.

I'd be a little more on your side if he hadn't killed someone else as well. That being said, any loss of life is unfortunate.

His friend was a grown man and could've made the decision not to get in the car or better yet, not let his drunk friend drive (Assuming he was in fact drunk). He's not entirely innocent in the whole situation either

bono_212 said:
I mean it's one thing to say that's how you want to be remembered when you're a young guy and whatever, but if you knew ahead of time you were going to die young, would you really? That's all I'm getting at.

This is kind of crap argument, no offence. It's like the people who say "don't get a tattoo because you'll regret it in 50 years". I'm sure it didn't bother him much that that is what a lot of people will remember and he certainly doesn't care now he's dead.

Don't really care what he did with his life, he seems like he was a nice chap and had fun. It's very tragic to see two lives cut short.

But drink-driving is a selfish, foolish thing to do, and he and those with him should have known he wasn't in a condition to drive, especially considering he seemed to have had a speeding reputation. I know that's not really something you're thinking about at the time, and these guys probably had no shits left to give when it comes to safety, but it could have been so easily preventable. These accidents just should not happen.

The accident site is surreal, just because of how extensive the damage is. He had to be flooring it. There's like ten damaged trees over the course of 100 feet.

I never did like the programme, but its a shame to hear the news.

sad indeed.

yep I agree, he musta been flooring it for the car to burst into flames and while this may sound a bit wrong of me to say, I really hope both passengers died outright on collision and were not burning.

:(

sorry.

the photo of the car wreckage sends shivers down my spine.

eerie.

Death from car wreck via steroid induced heart attack: the ultimate 3 count?

^ Very sad indeed. But i don't understand why someone would want to be on camera at a time like that

His blood alcohol was .196 and he was driving 130 mph with a prior DUI.

I'm finding it very hard to find sympathy for someone who left his family and friends behind to deal with losing him because he didn't learn the first time. And I can only imagine how many times he drove that drunk and just got lucky.

I'm finding it very hard to find sympathy for someone who left his family and friends behind to deal with losing him because he didn't learn the first time. And I can only imagine how many times he drove that drunk and just got lucky.
I will second this.

...Seriously?

Yeah, this isn't doing reckless and stupid shit in your own home, by driving like that he was a deadly public menace to everyone else on or near a road who were acting safely. What a jackass.

If those facts are true, he deserved to go to jail for a long, long time had a police car been lucky enough to pull him over before the crash.

Oh, of course. And if it came down to him or killing an innocent bystander, it's an easy decision. But for someone to say they have no sympathy, they might as well do away with the euphemisms and just say he deserved to die

Who said anything about him deserving to die? I don't think anyone deserves to die in a horrible car crash. I feel horrible for his family and friends and especially bad for the family of his passenger. Just look at that video of Bam, it's heartbreaking.

But it doesn't change the fact that people who drink and drive are selfish and don't give a shit about the people they put in danger, or the people they leave behind because they chose to be stupid. It's not hard to call a cab or arrange for a sober driver. Two people are dead, two families are devastated and it didn't have to happen.

Sad that he didn't learn the lesson, he was old enough to know better. If he was 21 or something one might make allowances but this guy was closer to 40 than 21.

Back
Top Bottom