RIP Ray Harryhausen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't realize who he was, but once Travis started naming off a couple of movies, I was just pretty awed by how much of a style he had. He really set the bar for fantasy creatures pretty damn high. I have yet to see Sinbad or Argonauts, but I'm going to likely spend my weekend with them now.

He was my idol when I was a little kid. His movies were my first real awesome badass dinosaurs and mythical creatures movies that terrified and awed me. I still think they are terrifying! :D
I almost met him once, but I chickened out at the last minute. I shouldn't have. I just wanted to tell him thanks. RIP.

Jason_talos-1rayharryhausen.gif~original

jason_skeleton4-01rayharryhausen.gif~original

Damn, I love Jason and Clash of the Titans. You could tell that there was so much fun and love that went into making those critters, it all shone through. RIP.

Jason and the Argonauts!!!
I also grew up on those Sinbad films, especially the ones starring John Wayne's son Patrick.
And I can pretty much quote Clash of the Titans front to back.

That third one on the bottom is terrifying!

lolz.

Clash of the Titans (the original) was one of my favorite movies as a child. Always thought The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms was one of the better "giant monster" movies as a kid as well.

Poor creatures. :(

I love that "Monsters, Inc." paid tribute to him. He was visionary, for sure. (Just realized, looking back at photos from Monsters, Inc. that the octopus chef in the Harryhausen segment only had six arms - same as Harryhausen's octopus in "It Came from Beneath the Sea", which Harryhausen was quoted as saying only had six arms to save money & time. :up:)

Monsters+Inc+Screen+Shot+22.png

MonstersIncHarryhausensOcto.jpg

Back
Top Bottom