RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's because there won't be any more The Master's from him. People are attached to the work they loved. If Pauly Shore died some might say "Good!"

I tend to not got worked up over celebrity deaths, but this is the worst thing since Ledger. God damn.

I tend to not got worked up over celebrity deaths, but this is the worst thing since Ledger. God damn.

It really is. After taking a second to pull my jaw off the floor, it's really hitting me how awful this is. Dude had a bunch more classic roles left in the tank. The Master was one of the best things about 2012.

Probably a top 5 actor for me. Just absolutely devastating.

“He’s a local. He’s a fixture in this neighborhood,” said Christian McCulloch, 39, who said that he lives nearby. “You see him with his kids in the coffee shops. He is so sweet. It’s desperately sad.”

The plastic envelopes near Mr. Hoffman’s body that were believed to be heroin were stamped with two drug brands: one had purple letters spelling the words Ace of Spades and the other had a red icon of the ace of hearts, according to a law-enforcement official.

Narcotics detectives from the New York Police Department were investigating whether the brands had any significance or had surfaced in any other overdose cases. Investigators also planned to test the substances inside to determine if they had been tainted in anyway, though there was no initial indication that they had been.

The man made some real bad choices that ended his life. We presume it was unintentional.

My hope is that his work will inspire many young new actors to rise to his level. To his loved ones, there is nothing I can say or should say to them. I hope they get though this terrible time with the least pain possible.

Holy shit, I mean it didn't seem like he was the MOST together person in Hollywood, but HEROIN? I'm so sorry for whatever sent him down that path. Rest in peace.

Unlike Ledger, this guy had a fairly full career. He worked a lot and has a significant number of standout roles and films from the 15+ years he's been around.

Having said that, he obviously had much more in him and we're still robbed of a lot of future great work.

He really deserved the Oscar last year.

"Heroin gives you heroin eyes to see the world through..."

Not being a movie buff I don't think I've seen anything Hoffman acted in, but I've seen snippets here and there and he won some pretty major awards for playing Truman Capote, no? May he rest in peace. Very sad.

The list is nearly endless with this guy.

Magnolia
Boogie Nights
The Talented Mr Ripley
The Master
The Savages
Capote, obviously

supporting roles in about a billion other movies of varying quality (the movies, not the performances)

I've never not seen him be amazing. I'm going to miss seeing him pop up in seemingly every movie I watch from here on out :(.

Incidentally when news bulletins lead in with 'death of a hollywood great', I really prefer it to be someone who's 97.

Subtle from Sydney news site Daily Telegraph

BfgsLuGCMAAVQEI.jpg

Another drug overdose, another waste of enormous talent.

Gotta figure out which movie of his to watch right now. There are several I haven't seen including Capote.

25th Hour is going to be screening tomorrow night at home, it's only a supporting role from him but it's one of my favorite films of all time.

Almost Famous and The Master will certainly be revived in short order as well, hell even M:I 3.

25th hour is the movie I'm really wanting to watch, right now. I think that was the first movie I saw him in, where I really fell in love with his acting.

Back
Top Bottom