RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of the stuff I am reading today
we (fans) are lucky we have as much work from him as we do.
He could have ended himself 10 - 15 years ago.

Calling this an overdose is odd. Is there a proper dosage for heroine?

Some of the stuff I am reading today
we (fans) are lucky we have as much work from him as we do.
He could have ended himself 10 - 15 years ago.

Calling this an overdose is odd. Is there a proper dosage for heroine?

Yes, the dose that doesn't kill you.

Ask Keith Richards, who was a functioning heroin (note the lack of an 'e') addict for years. I think he said in his book the trick was to take just enough to avoid going into withdrawal and maintain.

Loved him so much in that film. At the time he wasn't much of a known quantity so it didn't seem like strange casting. In retrospect it's pretty surprising. But he turns what could easily have been a camp caricature in the hands of a less skilled actor into a genuine character with humanity that's quite moving (as well as being damned funny).

One of my fav PSH turns.

A huge loss. He definitely was one of the best out there. Sad that he wasn't able to win his fight .... Only about a year ago I found out about the drug problems he was having - he was openly talking about it in an interview he gave. RIP

Apple is making me uncomfortable by featuring a "Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman" section on the front page of iTunes, it strikes as blatantly cashing in on the extra interest this will drive.

That's nothing new.

I worked in a record shop when Jerry Garcia died. You should have seen all the Grateful Dead CDs that poured in for us to stock. :crazy:

They also sent us a boatload of Selena CDs, but ownership clearly did not know the demographic of small-town central Wisconsin, because we didn't sell even one of them.

before Garcia died

awhile back some loon was going around ranting about the kingdom of god
after he died, well the rest is (western civilization) history

We worked for six years together in publishing and are still very close. Several of the then-young assistant editors in our gang became hot shots later on - one is a film producer ("A Better Life"), several are editor-in-chiefs now at various places, and our beloved David Rakoff (who, coincidentally, had a cameo in Capote). That's NYC for you.

Damn shame, seriously.

I have not seen many of his movies (or rather movies he was in), but I DO know he was a very VERY good actor, really threw himself into all his characters!

Never knew he was into drugs, that was a shock!

Also can I say bit spooky that that is both Paul Walker and Philip Seymour that had rumours of death about themselves days before they actually died, :ohmy:

RIP Philip, and thank u for ur amazing acting.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom