RIP Paul Newman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my favourite of his performances was opposite Steve McQueen in The Towering Inferno.

RIP, Mr. Newman.

I am really sad to hear this news, RIP Mr Newman. He was not only a great actor but a great activist and did so much to raise money for his causes. He had many many friends and interests outside acting. He will be greatly missed within and outside the motion picture industry. :sad:

Such a great talent, a terrible loss.

One of the most important books in my life, the one that originally sparked my love for all things literary, actually begins with a nod to Mr. Newman:

When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home. I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman -he looks tough and I don't...

RIP :(

Such a great talent, a terrible loss.

One of the most important books in my life, the one that originally sparked my love for all things literary, actually begins with a nod to Mr. Newman:

When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home. I was wishing I looked like Paul Newman -he looks tough and I don't...

RIP :(

AH! One of the greatest opening lines of any book! Right up there with A Tale of Two Cities.

"Nobody can eat 50 eggs."
"You just keep thinkin' Butch. That's what you're good at."

Butch-Cassidy-And-The-Sundance-Kid-.jpg

Newman's daughters described him as a devoted husband, a loving father, an adoring grandfather and a dedicated philanthropist.

"Our father was a rare symbol of selfless humility, the last to acknowledge what he was doing was special," they said in a statement. "Intensely private, he quietly succeeded beyond measure in impacting the lives of so many with his generosity.

"Always and to the end, Dad was incredibly grateful for his good fortune. In his own words: 'It's been a privilege to be here.'"

Sally Field said (starred with PN in Absence of Malice):
I was blessed to have known him. The world is better because of him. God makes perfect people, and Paul Newman was one of them

Other celebrity comments here:
Paul Newman dies at 83 - CNN.com

A sad passing. :sad:

Paul Newman was class personified. They don't make them like that any more.

RIP Paul.

In my young, impressionable days, I saw the Long Hot Summer. It left one hell of an impression... They don't make actors like Paul Newman anymore. RIP.

I read the Vanity Fair article last week and was so impressed with what a good person he was. Truly a loss.

John Mayer posted this on his blog:

I'm not sure when or where it started, but I used to play this game with my friends where we'd try and figure out who the "heaviest" legend was in terms of having the clout to bump another superstar from a reservation at a packed restaurant on a Saturday night. It starts to get fun when you work your way up to bickering about whether Robert De Niro bumps Bob Dylan, or Springsteen bumps Bono, but the game quickly runs out of steam when you realize that nobody can top Paul Newman. You can sort of picture Bill Clinton standing at the front of Nobu waiting for a table to pay their check, smiling and whispering "Paul NEWMAN is here!"

Nobody will ever be that cool again.

This was really sad news, when me and my mum found out we watched Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - for the first time in ages. It doesn't matter how many times I see that film, I'm always bowled over by Paul's performance. Such a great person, both on screen and off :sad:

Back
Top Bottom