RIP Alexander McQueen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I'm not big into fashion, but this designer has created a lot of beautiful things, and designed some music-related images (a Bjork album cover, the "lobster" shoes in the Bad Romance video).

Very sad news - he's apparently commited suicide, not long after his mother's death.

Here's a link to a story on another site that I'm including because it has some snapshots of his work.

McQueen Is Dead: Long Live McQueen - Alexander McQueen - Jezebel

I admit to not "getting" a lot of high fashion, but I love looking at fashion that is simply beautiful.

500x_51658179.jpg

alexander-mcqueen-spring-summer-200.jpg

alexander-mcqueen-met-dress-2003.jpg

He styled this cover for Bjork:

500x_bjork.jpg

And Lady GaGa borrowed this silhouette:

500x_parisfashionweekoctober2009.jpg

Including these ridiculous-and-yet-somehow-oddly-compelling shoes:

500x_94983875.jpg

And remember that heinous Kenley from Project Runway? She totally stole from him for one challenge (original on the left, Kenley's on the right):

340x.jpg

I'd forgotten she premiered her song at his show - that's pretty cool.

Best Bjork song ever.

Not gonna lie, that Kate Moss thing was stunning. But I don't know how I feel about the theme from Schindler's List as the music. :huh:

Alexander McQueen's designs were to me fascinating. Some were weird (like those shoes) but some were quite beautiful.

Its a shame he died so young.

R.I.P.

On graduation, his first collection was bought in its entirety by the late, legendary fashion editor Isabella Blow, who would go on to become his friend and mentor.
Blow convinced him to change his name from Lee to Alexander and after Icelandic singer Bjork wore an early design for the cover of her album, Homogenic, the Alexander McQueen was label born

Also, how freaking amazing is this?

aimee_boots1.png

Hand-carved prosthetic legs.

aimee mullins: wear-able and super-able art | Daily Art Muse

Back
Top Bottom