Review the Movie You Viewed VII: We're Done, Professionally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terminator Salvation

There are honestly no words for how much I hate McG and Christian Bale. I'll give this a full bonus point for Sam Worthington's talent, but that's it. Total score = 1.5

How could you hate this guy?

155113__newsies_l.jpg

Saw The Girlfriend Experience last night. Most of what I was thinking was how ungodly hot Sasha Grey was.

Saw The Girlfriend Experience last night. Most of what I was thinking was how ungodly hot Sasha Grey was.

I'm with you. The more I think about it, the more I think it was excellent. But I don't know if it'll have the rewatchability of some of her earlier fare.

So much for our Star Wars project. I imagine you're already in the process of editing some SG rimjob compilation or something along those lines.

I'm with you. The more I think about it, the more I think it was excellent. But I don't know if it'll have the rewatchability of some of her earlier fare.

I had no idea what was going on half of the time besides the general outline, but it was pretty gorgeously shot. And by the end, I was gorgeously shot out.

So much for our Star Wars project. I imagine you're already in the process of editing some SG rimjob compilation or something along those lines.

Attack of the Boners?

I had no idea what was going on half of the time besides the general outline, but it was pretty gorgeously shot. And by the end, I was gorgeously shot out.

I was befuddled for a good portion of it, but by the end I had it all figured out. And to call it gorgeously shot is an understatement.

In regards to being shot out, I'm sure that final scene brought back some memories of Shuttlecock 3D for you.

I was befuddled for a good portion of it, but by the end I had it all figured out. And to call it gorgeously shot is an understatement.

In regards to being shot out, I'm sure that final scene brought back some memories of Shuttlecock 3D for you.

Same here. Apparently he used this light-sensitive camera to shoot all of it, which explains the washed-out look in the plane scenes. Incredible.

You know, the occasional acid flashback...

The wide shot of the guys getting off the plane at McCarran with Luxor and the rest of the Strip in the background pissed me off since I'm not in Vegas right now.

The wide shot of the guys getting off the plane at McCarran with Luxor and the rest of the Strip in the background pissed me off since I'm not in Vegas right now.

I was waiting for Zach Galifiakis to show up and ask about a Holocaust ring.

The Hangover is going to be awesome. Not usually my thing, but man it looks funny. Plus Ed Helms sings in it. So it can't be bad.

Saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall again and could never get sick of that movie. Russell Brand is so hysterical! I can't wait till his Get him to the Greek movie comes out next April! His character Aldous Snow is so funny. I love Judd Apatow films!! :up::up:

Oh, okay.

Is that an "Oh, okay. I see where you're coming from." or an "Oh, okay. You and your crazy bullshit nonsense!"

If it's the latter, I may have to lay down some vigilante justice of my own on your ass. And I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Is that an "Oh, okay. I see where you're coming from." or an "Oh, okay. You and your crazy bullshit nonsense!"

If it's the latter, I may have to lay down some vigilante justice of my own on your ass. And I'm not wearing hockey pads.

The latter. I think the only thing we've agreed upon this year so far has been The Girlfriend Experience.

Do you like Phil Collins?

The latter. I think the only thing we've agreed upon this year so far has been The Girlfriend Experience.

You may be right. Then again, I haven't exactly seen a whole lot this year yet. Maybe things will even out.

I'm sure I'll see it, as I enjoyed the last two films a lot.

Still, no Pixar release will ever excite me as much as a new Miyazaki, and he has one coming out in August.

I'm sure I'll see it, as I enjoyed the last two films a lot.

Still, no Pixar release will ever excite me as much as a new Miyazaki, and he has one coming out in August.

Well, sure. Miyazaki is still the master of animation, period. Nobody can touch him. I've been dying to see Ponyo for what feels like years now.

That said, I'm especially excited for Up. Pixar films seem to get continually more interesting, or at least ambitious if not necessarily better (I haven't seen Cars though, due to poor word of mouth mostly). My favorite probably remains Monsters INC. which bodes well for Up, being Pete Docter's return to the director's chair and all. Plus there's the particularly mature theme this time around, the digital stereo, and the film looks especially beautiful.

I'm also just happy to have a least one studio putting out consistently great material into what has been a pretty barren wasteland of summer blockbusters for a long time running now, especially lately. Pixar usually seems to deliver quality experiences in what always proves a below average summer for me.

BOLT

Probably the best movie I've seen all year and definitely my personal favorite animated film since Buscando a Nemo.

Cute, thrilling, heartbreaking, a wonderful score and a great selection of original songs. I'd say about a 9.6/10

Up - 6.5/ 10

I was expecting to like this more.

The first 20 minutes are real good. But once they introduce the character of the Boy Scout it goes down hill. That character is just irritating and annoying. They do a good job with the old man and his wife as kids.

I don't know why this is getting such high ratings.

I enjoyed Bolt quite a bit more, when I saw it.
I liked WALL-E more too and I thought that was a bit over-rated.

Well you're the only one on the planet not crazy about it apparently. You and good ole' Armond White.

Armond White is the biggest false anti-elitist elitist provocateur in the film criticism world. He exists solely to rub against the grain and get a rise out of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom