Review the Movie You Viewed VII: We're Done, Professionally - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
While the dialogue and acting are at times stiff, isn't the whole point that they're in a game? Which would make things a bit programed? It may seem like an excuse but to me it totally felt intentionally stylized like that to put you off-balance.
Yeah I accept that it was deliberate (at least in places) but I wonder if the movie would've been much better if the dialogue and acting had been spot on, taking the argument that the virtual worlds are completely immersive and true to life. Like you said it's one of the main themes so why not follow it to the extreme case.. As it is I think that the movie suffers when the characters seem unreal because you're less inclined to care about them, and when the story isn't really profound either there's not much left to fall back on.

As I said I'm being especially harsh because I had high expectations. From what I'd heard, the movie was going to be a major mind-fuck but it was a bit weak. Not terrible by any means though, I still found it kind of interesting..

And I still have to see Videodrome at some point..

Old 03-04-2009, 07:08 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Also, I picked up the Criterion of Videodrome last week. Haven't watched it yet, but I cannot wait.
All hail the new flesh.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:19 PM
Australia. 2/10

The 2 is exclusively for the pretty that is Hugh.

Terrible movie. I honestly feel like I wasted 17 hours of my life on this. It felt that long. Which probably makes sense given that it was something like 2 movies in one and could have happily ended halfway through. Nicole Kidman's acting was heinous. The green screen technology was so CHEAP that they should be ashamed of themselves. I swear you could see the outline around her arm in that once scene on the pier (where they took Nullah away). What's worse, the sound mixing was really bad to the point where I had to put the subtitles on because I couldn't understand what anybody was saying. And it isn't the accent either, as I've known plenty of Australians and never had any issue there.

Long, incredibly freaking boring. I expected some shmaltzy romance in the outback, but even that part was a) lame and b) nearly non-existent. I can't verbalize how awful I thought this movie was.

I have "I've Loved You So Long" here as well so I'll watch that this week and hopefully it will be a lot better.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #19
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:19 PM
seven

not nearly as fucked up as everyone said, but still fucked up. therefore i liked it. kevin spacey was right.

supertroopers

not nearly as funny as everyone said, but still funny. therefore i laughed. meow.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:23 AM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
seven

not nearly as fucked up as everyone said, but still fucked up. therefore i liked it. kevin spacey was right.

John Doe was a great character. It would be cool to see a prequel that shows how he got to be so jaded.. If it was done really well, that is. Big shoes to fill..
Old 03-05-2009, 08:52 AM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zihua View Post

John Doe was a great character. It would be cool to see a prequel that shows how he got to be so jaded.. If it was done really well, that is. Big shoes to fill..
That wouldn't take all of the intrigue away or anything.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Se7en

Mostly because of its stupid title.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 01:19 AM
would anyone know the following movie Im talking about?

something along the lines of Romanze Criminalz or Italiano Criminalz (Google is NO help with this). but its prob a recent Italian Crime movie, wondering if its good?

Ive lost it.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 AM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
Ive lost it.
I think it's debatable if you had "it" in the first place

Can you remember any of the actors in the film?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
LOL! yes Elfa, I am the most abnormal person ever!

no, no idea. could have sworn the front DVD cover looks like these criminals all sorta lined up holding guns, sorta done in a funny Andy Warhol type colour.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
would anyone know the following movie Im talking about?

something along the lines of Romanze Criminalz or Italiano Criminalz (Google is NO help with this). but its prob a recent Italian Crime movie, wondering if its good?

Ive lost it.
On IMDB, I found a movie from 2005 called Romanzo Criminale a.k.a Crime Novel. That's probably it, right? I don't know if it's any good, though.

Romanzo criminale (2005)

Old 03-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

thats it! fuk I tried in there too!

thank you darling.

anyone seen it?

LOL!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

I've Loved You So Long. First 90% of movie = 8/10. Last 10% = 5/10.

I know everybody talks about Kristin Scott Thomas, and yeah, she was good here. But I think she's almost always decent in things I've seen, even movies I didn't like like Random Hearts. The woman who played Lea, was in my view, perfectly cast. She was just naive enough and happy enough and avoidant enough to pull off that role.

The movie also made me really miss France, from the crazy dinners to the cafes filled with smoke, to the sun hitting the old buildings. Everything about it was just so genuine.

The ending was plain dumb. I mean, maybe if we'd known more of the backstory it would have made some sense. But the way they presented it did not suggest that Juliette has such a poor and distant relationship with her family that she would have kept this sort of thing from them when the boy (Pierre?) was still alive. And her explanation made no sense either. I almost feel like they wrote the script to that point and then they had to find a resolution so they crapped one out and hoped nobody would notice.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Ghost Town

A little maudlin for a comedy, but it had some chuckle-worthy moments. I liked Tea Leoni in this - she's often hit or miss for me.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:24 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Watchmen = 6