Review the Movie You Viewed VII: We're Done, Professionally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god. Who knows. Let me see.

Vicky Christina
Scoop
Match Point
Purple Rose of Cairo
Husbands and Wives
Annie Hall
Hannah and Her Sisters
Cassandra's Dream

And I know I've seen bits and pieces of many others like Manhattan, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Bullets Over Broadway and Sleeper at least. None of those in full though.

Yeah, get on seeing Manhattan, Crimes, and Sleeper in their entirety. I'd also recommend watching Zelig, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Love and Death, and probably the one you'll like the most: Stardust Memories.

The best thing about Sleeper is Diane Keaton doing her Brando impression. Kills me every time.

Bedtie Stories with Adam Sandler. One of the stupidest waste of time movies I've ever seen. I used to like Adam Sandler's stuff but he's really been dumbed down working with Disney. The only reason I watched it was for Russell Brand. :up:

Yeah, get on seeing Manhattan, Crimes, and Sleeper in their entirety. I'd also recommend watching Zelig, Manhattan Murder Mystery, Love and Death, and probably the one you'll like the most: Stardust Memories.

Just watched Manhattan tonight on your suggestion. Really liked it. Gorgeous cinematography, fantastic Allen writing, sweet Gershwin tunes, and a really beautiful final scene.

Probably watch Stardust tomorrow. Really looking forward to that one.

Just watched Manhattan tonight on your suggestion. Really liked it. Gorgeous cinematography, fantastic Allen writing, sweet Gershwin tunes, and a really beautiful final scene.

Probably watch Stardust tomorrow. Really looking forward to that one.

Glad to hear it. The final scene in City Lights-tastic. It's my second-favorite behind Annie Hall, but it's arguably his best overall film. Funny to think that Woody doesn't care for it very much.

The Gershwin music mixed with the shots of NYC is pure heaven.

Baby Mama - Not nearly as funny as I was expecting. Cute, not funny.

The Rocker - Considerably funnier than I was expecting. Stupid, but funny.

Star Trek - Considerably more entertaining than I was expecting. I'm a very very very casual Star Trek fan, so I was surprised how much I liked it.

Also, LMP, you were spot on with Stardust Memories. Easily my favorite Allen right now. So many sublime moments, and the Fellini presence is overwhelming, Willis' cinematography really nailing that iconic style.

Also, LMP, you were spot on with Stardust Memories. Easily my favorite Allen right now. So many sublime moments, and the Fellini presence is overwhelming, Willis' cinematography really nailing that iconic style.

It's about as meta- as it gets.

Isn't it a movie within a movie within a movie? That's one I need to re-watch.

I forgot that I also saw State of Play. Entertaining and interesting, despite a few unfortunate plot holes.

Isn't it a movie within a movie within a movie? That's one I need to re-watch.

More like a movie within a movie wherein people create/discuss/watch movies.

364232038_aaa27b39b6.jpg

This moment was particularly beautiful.

Hey, I was the one who championed that film ages ago. It's been my fav Woody film for over 10 years!

And yes, that's my favorite moment from the film. Also Rampling in the sanitarium with the jump cuts is pretty avant-garde compared to his normal style.

Hey, I was the one who championed that film ages ago. It's been my fav Woody film for over 10 years!

And yes, that's my favorite moment from the film. Also Rampling in the sanitarium with the jump cuts is pretty avant-garde compared to his normal style.

Well then, fuckin :hi5: yeah.

The whole last 20 minutes was outstanding. Filmmaking on the level I never imagined he was capable of.

It also alienated most of his fans of his earlier work, I'm guessing.

If I had to only keep one decade of his films, it would probably be the 80's.

Zelig
Stardust
Crimes & Misdemeanors
Broadway Danny Rose
Purple Rose of Cairo
Hannah & Her Sisters
Radio Days
Another Woman

The only ones that aren't great are September and A Midsummer Night's Sex Comedy, and the latter is a decent light romp. But still, 8 great films? Damn.

That's tough.

3 out of my Top 5 are from the '70s, (Annie Hall, Manhattan, Love and Death) but yeah, his run in the '80s was incredible.

Too bad Take the Money and Run is so hard-to-find. I think I prefer that to Bananas... the one early comedy I've never been able to get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom