Review the Movie You Viewed 10 (out of 10=Masterpiece)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:)

Munich is one atrocious sex scene away from being Spielberg's best dramatic film.

Your distaste for the final act of A.I. makes you a fully-fledged cinematic reject.

The final scene is about as subtle as mid-80's Robin Williams on stage after an 8-ball. Same with Bana on the phone with the wife and baby.

The film isn't bad per se, but it's still a misfire. Nice to see Marie-Josée Croze in the buff, however.

The final scene is about as subtle as mid-80's Robin Williams on stage after an 8-ball. Same with Bana on the phone with the wife and baby.

The film isn't bad per se, but it's still a misfire. Nice to see Marie-Josée Croze in the buff, however.

Funny, I meant that Robin Williams metaphor as a response to LMP's Munich post, but it applies equally to the coda of A.I., which is equally bad and ham-fisted.

Hey Haley Joel, let me sit down next to you so I can unload a bunch of exposition!

I think I saw it on the 3rd Street Promenade on a weekday afternoon.

I literally could hear people groaning when the coda began, and throughout it.

I think I saw it on the 3rd Street Promenade on a weekday afternoon.

I literally could hear people groaning when the coda began, and throughout it.

I saw it in Westwood.

A few people groaned, but one guy yelled out "oh come on with this fucking bullshit" and it was hard to argue. I still love much about that film, very much, but that was hard to stomach.

If I ever showed A.I. to friends, I'd probably pause in-between for about five minutes so they could enjoy a great film on its own, and then subject them to that landing on par with Wile E. Coyote's skills.

We're intelligent enough to understand what was going on, as well as the "irony" which causes to many to defend it. It was just poorly-written and directed.

2825859886_c19162d3bd.jpg

saved-screenshot.jpg

YouTube - Black Narcissus (1947) - Theatrical Trailer - © General Film Distributors

One of many masterpieces by Powell and Pressburger.

What?

I'm holding out on seeing Black Narcissus until it's Blu Ray hits in late July.

POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL -- POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL.

What?

I'm holding out on seeing Black Narcissus until it's Blu Ray hits in late July.

POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL -- POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL, POWELL.

Should look good. I've had the French one that had the new transfer so I'm presuming the Criterion is the same.

I can't wait for another Criterion coming from the same guys:

YouTube - THE RED SHOES trailer

Jack Cardiff is da bomb!

Barry Lyndon and Lolita need BD releases... right now. At the very least, anamorphic DVDs.

Back
Top Bottom