Review the movie you just viewed (all the way to) 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Transformers 3.

Okay so I went and saw the midnight screening at IMAX last night, I thought for the most part it was really good. The story line for the first half was pretty good. But once
decepticons take over the world
it went downhill.

A few criticisms,
Iornhide dies
no one, even Optimus gave a shit. The two little remote controlled vechicals from #2
brought down a whole fucking space craft
that lost me a bit. Also Megatron hardly makes an appearance, the fucking leader of the decpticons
plus he is killed off simply by Optimus in one hit basically

Apart from that, I just took it for what It was, much better than #2 thank god Megan Fox is gone, and McDreamy :drool:

:wink:

Arriety, Ghibli's latest, is a very good entry into their canon. For what it's worth, I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Goro's Tales From Earthsea, though I know Laz is a big proponent of that one. I prefer the quotidian charm of this one I think, despite an equally fantastical conceit. Also fits nicely in the vein of The ZAK!'s own work, tonally and structurally.

My DL should be finished in less than an hour, don't know if I'll get to it tonight.

I guess what I liked the most about Earthsea was the epic scope of the thing; something not done too much with Ghibli for the most part. Some beautiful landscapes, too. A flawed work, but one that gets way too much shit.

The version I have is a 3 gig BR rip; didn't feel like getting the 12 gig. Yours?

Was just a really well encoded DVD rip. Standard size for that kind of thing.

The artwork in Earthsea was certainly really appealing, and it hearkened back to something along the lines of Nausicaa or Mononoke at least in terms of scale, like you said. Maybe I should revisit it, but on the whole it never really did a whole lot for me.

Yeah, and there's plenty of free easy software out there to stream the shit from your pc to a tv or whatever if you have any sort of slingbox or similar device.

DVI-to-HDMI works best for me. You can fetch a cable for about 6 bucks on Amazon.

Yeah, that's what I do with my projector. I know Laz has a projector set-up too, so hooking up a laptop shouldn't be much of an issue.

I know Handbrake will do .mkv to .m4v/.mov. I think Compressor has a hard time doing .mkv to .avi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom