Report: Rihanna's injuries are "horrific"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey she's hot headed too and she did throw his keys and she knew it would infuriate him .:|

NY Daily News

Chris Brown learns anger management; could Rihanna use it too?

Wednesday, February 25th 2009, 9:35 AM

Chris Brown has started anger management classes, but some say Rihanna could use them, too.

Chris Brown is taking anger-management classes.

The troubled R&B singer, who was arrested two weeks ago on suspicion of making criminal threats against girlfriend Rihanna, attended his first class in Glendale, Calif., on Monday afternoon.

According to a source, Brown opted for anger management at the behest of his spin doctor, Michael Sitrick. "Chris doesn't actually have to go by law," our insider tells us, "but he believes it will make him look better to the public, and he wants to try to get in a few classes before March 5," his court date.

The Feb. 7 incident - in which Brown allegedly assaulted Rihanna and left her with cuts and bruises to her forehead, lips and cheeks - didn't just stir up controversy. It tarnished Brown's good-guy image so badly that several of his endorsement deals were suspended, including commercials for Wrigley's gum and the Milk Mustache campaign. Brown's songs have also been temporarily taken off the air at a handful of radio stations.

But insiders are rumbling that Chris shouldn't be taking the anger management classes alone. "Rihanna is temperamental, too," says our snitch. "They're both too hot-headed for their own good."

Adds another source: "It didn't help that Rihanna grabbed the keys out of his rented Lamborghini and threw them down the street. She knew it would really infuriate Chris, and it worked."

Honestly, don't like the excuses trying to be made here. You don't hit a women, unless she is an extreme danger to you (like she has a knife or gun). Really, shouldn't hit anyone regardless since it is assult.

If she is such a "diva" or "bitch", what would have been the problem with just kicking her out of the car? It's not like someone wouldn't have picked her up? Just drop her off somewhere, call a cab or friend, and then leave. Or at the very least, kick her out of the car until tempers have settled down. If she didn't, and went ape shit or something, call the cops.

At least then he would look like the victim, and she'd have a very negative light shed on her. Instead, they're both idiots.

Buzz up! Fans stunned by Rihanna-Chris Brown reconciliationBy Reuters

celebs:Chris BrownRihanna
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Fans of singers Chris Brown and Rihanna expressed dismay on Saturday at reports the couple had reunited just three weeks after Brown was alleged to have assaulted her.

Celebrity magazines People and Us Weekly said that the R&B stars were spending time together at the Miami home of hip hop mogul Sean "Diddy" Combs -- and that Rihanna 's father was supporting her decision.

"I love my daughter with whatever road she takes. I'm behind her win or lose. I will be supportive. If that's the road she wants to choose, I'm behind her," Rihanna 's dad Ronald Fenty told Us Weekly from his Barbados home.

Fans could scarcely believe the news that came a week after a picture, showing the 21-year-old "Umbrella" singer with bruises to her face and swollen lips, was leaked on the Internet.

"All the abusive men are celebrating," Highroller33138 wrote in a posting on the MTV.com website. "It sets a terrible example for women everywhere. Rihanna really disappointed me."

"Stupid, really stupid. ... I hate women like this," wrote ladyofthelake in a posting on TVGuide.com.

On Friday People quoted an unidentified source saying the couple, who had been dating for about a year, were back together.

"They care for each other. While Chris is reflective and saddened about what happened, he is really happy to be with the woman he loves," the source told People.

Representatives of Brown, 19, a clean-cut teen idol whose hits include "Run It!", declined comment on the reports. Rihanna 's publicist did not return calls seeking comment.

Los Angeles prosecutors have yet to decide whether to file charges against Brown after his arrest on February 8 on suspicion of making criminal threats against a woman.

The alleged assault on the eve of the Grammy Awards caused both stars to cancel their scheduled appearances. Brown issued a statement a week after the incident saying he was "sorry and saddened" and seeking counseling.

I just lost all of my sympathy for Rihanna.

He's going to beat the shit out of her again, and next time she will definitely be at fault for a big part of that.

Life your life :doh:

He's going to beat the shit out of her again, and next time she will definitely be at fault for a big part of that.

I don't know how to say what I want to say regarding that without sounding like I'm talking out of my ass, so I'll just leave it as: it's not that simple, unfortunately.

And then post my initial reaction to that article, which is:

*sigh*

it's not that simple, unfortunately.

Like hell it isn't.

Let's say you've never seen a stove before. You put your hand on a cold burner and nothing happens. Later you come back and the burner is glowing red. You put your hand on it and it burns you. After you recover, you come back to the stove and see the burner is red again. If you think "well maybe this time it won't burn me" and stick your hand on it again, wouldn't it be somewhat justified if someone says you're to blame for your second burn?

Maybe that's a bad example, but you get my point.

The cycle of abuse is what makes it more complicated.

Why do so many abused women return to their abusers? We could go on for pages and pages with discussions about domestic violence situations and the psychological things going on behind both the abusers' and victims' actions.

Why do so many abused women return to their abusers? We could go on for pages and pages with discussions about domestic violence situations and the psychological things going on behind both the abusers' and victims' actions.

exactly.

it's not as simple as anyone makes it out to be.

edit: why does it sound like i'm defending them? i think she's stupid for going back to him, and i think he's scum.

exactly. it's not as simple as "omg he hit me, i'm outta here." of course with some women it is, but unfortunately it isn't always.

I dont get it either, as I stated earlier in this thread, but I guess that's what love does to certain people.

It's a weird line - I don't want to judge her, but it's hard not to be disappointed that she's gone back to him. (Which is also weird, because why should I care enough to be disappointed?)

But at the same time, it's a fine line between defending what she's done and blaming the victim.

It's just a bad, ugly, sad situation all around. I guess all you can do is hope she comes to realize she can do better, she deserves better and finds the strength she needs to do whatever needs to be done.

:shrug:

I would agree with most of your opinions if CB showed even ths slightest hint of remorse about beating the woman he claims to love to within an inch of her life. He just doesn't give a shit at all, and really only apologised because his agent undoubtedly forced him to issue a bullshit statement to try to save the meagre chance he has left at having a career.

If he actually seemed regretful about nearly killing her, I might see some sense in what's going on.

I do agree with that - he sure has done nothing that makes him look like anything other than a complete fuckwad.

But as much as I hate to give him any sort of benefit of the doubt, who knows what's gone on between them in private and not through official statements and police reports?

And yes, the whole "but he said he's sorry and he loves me" just is another bit of the usual crap in the cycle of abuse, but who knows? Maybe he means it and is going to do something about it. I don't know.

.....and, they are only 19 years old...and want to believe it or not...they are still kids with a hell of a lot of growing up to do....they will do want they want no matter who is advising them that they are stupid for getting back together....because thats how kids are....they do lots of dumb things...his best lesson would be jail time...but it doesn't look like he will be learning that one:|

Rihanna is 21 now, Chris Brown is 19. I understand why it's not that simple for most victims but they are both in the public eye. The backlash for Brown is deserved but there will be backlash for her as well if she truly goes back to him.

Hopefully the police department and the DA don't fuck this up and charge him with something.

Its really ashame in a way that she is in an awesome position to bring lite onto domestic dating abuse especially among young people. Unfortunately, this is a bad example for young people. :down:

i can understand why she's going back to him, you can't control love. but sometimes you need rational thought to take over.
Indeed. I understand too, but her brain really needs to take over for her heart here. It takes a while for the heart to catch up, but it does eventually.

Like hell it isn't.

Let's say you've never seen a stove before. You put your hand on a cold burner and nothing happens. Later you come back and the burner is glowing red. You put your hand on it and it burns you. After you recover, you come back to the stove and see the burner is red again. If you think "well maybe this time it won't burn me" and stick your hand on it again, wouldn't it be somewhat justified if someone says you're to blame for your second burn?

Maybe that's a bad example, but you get my point.

It's a good example, but with love it's a slightly different cycle. The burner gets you every time, but it does nothing to soothe the pain. An abuser burns you, but then they swoop in quickly to smooth it over with sweet words and affection. Each time the abused goes back, the abuser learns he can get away with it, so each time the abuse gets worse and the sweet words are less and less, but the victim's brain begins to become addicted to the cycle. They grasp at what few tender moments the relationship brings, and begin to equate it all - the hurt and the healing - with love. So as ludicrous as it seems to outsiders that the woman can't see the bigger picture, she ends up deeper and deeper into the fog.. At some point she's got to snap herself out of it and start conciously changing her pattern of thought. It's not easy, but it's doable, but it takes strength and it's easy to fall back into the relationship, because emotional manipulators are cowards, but they're GOOD at what they do.

I hope I'm making some kind of sense, cause I've had a few tonight :drunk: :wink:

Its really ashame in a way that she is in an awesome position to bring lite onto domestic dating abuse especially among young people. Unfortunately, this is a bad example for young people. :down:

I'm going to call bullshit on this one.

How is she setting a bad example for young people? By going back to Chris Brown? We are in absolutely no position to comment on that since we have no knowledge of what has gone on in the relationship since (or before for that matter) the attack.

What Chris Brown did was absolutely inexcusable. Rihanna reconciling with him would not change that fact. If they live happily ever after, it will not be excused. If she dumps him, he goes to prison and spends the rest of his life alone, it will not be excused. This is something that they both have to live with. If he decides to bring his anger issues to light (in the context of their relationship - not with us) and she decides she wants to pursue a healthy relationship with him, I see no reason to judge her for it.

I'm going to call bullshit on this one.

How is she setting a bad example for young people? By going back to Chris Brown? We are in absolutely no position to comment on that since we have no knowledge of what has gone on in the relationship since (or before for that matter) the attack.

What Chris Brown did was absolutely inexcusable. Rihanna reconciling with him would not change that fact. If they live happily ever after, it will not be excused. If she dumps him, he goes to prison and spends the rest of his life alone, it will not be excused. This is something that they both have to live with. If he decides to bring his anger issues to light (in the context of their relationship - not with us) and she decides she wants to pursue a healthy relationship with him, I see no reason to judge her for it.

Wow, I actually agree with Dalton here.

Hell, does anyone remember when Jackson Browne used to beat the shit out of Daryl Hannah back in the 1980's. They gave him a second chance.

Back
Top Bottom