Report: Rihanna's injuries are "horrific"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it's Star magazine, you know? She's going to be on all the damned covers for a while, and they're all going to have dumbass headlines.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to hear she still loved him. Whether she goes back to him is another story.

I'm torn between saying "Stay classy, TMZ" and wanting people to see the picture so they see and those few still defending Chris Brown or saying "oh, we don't know what happened" or "she must have provoked him" will shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.

If that's real, well...it's just so sad, but that's the reality of this kind of violence

A friend of mine told me that there was a fake picture going around so I don't know.

Unfortunately I don't think that even a real picture would stop some people from saying certain things. That's one problem with domestic violence and how it is dealt with.

There was previously a photoshopped picture going around, and it was just a picture of Rihanna with a black eye. This one, unfortunately, is not that picture.

I'm torn between saying "Stay classy, TMZ" and wanting people to see the picture so they see and those few still defending Chris Brown or saying "oh, we don't know what happened" or "she must have provoked him" will shut the fuck up and sit the fuck down.

I think the pic has to be shown, otherwise some will continue to say "oh, it wasn't so bad, or she must've done something to deserve it".

I don't think there is any excuse for a man to strike a woman. He should be in jail.

I think the pic has to be shown, otherwise some will continue to say "oh, it wasn't so bad, or she must've done something to deserve it".

I don't think there is any excuse for a man to strike a woman. He should be in jail.

I agree. I find TMZ and especially Harvey Levin despicable but in this case, I'm glad they got their hands on the picture and released it. I have read comments like:

"who cares they were probably high on crack and beat the shit out of each other"

"she must have done something to push his buttons"

"there are always 2 sides to every story"

"the system always takes the woman's side"

Seriously, fuck that shit. No one who has been pummeled in the face by someone they love deserves it or asks for it and there is no justification in the world to excuse it. Let the world see what a big man Chris Brown is and let his defenders try to explain away that picture.

I usually try and control my potty mouth tendencies here, but people who make light of domestic violence or try to excuse it really make me angry.

Dude wtf is with her still wanting to be with him. I am feeling less sorry for her. :doh:

^I agree, but, sadly, it's very common with abuse victims especially if it's a regular occurrence. Obviously, we don't really know in this situation if this was an isolated incident or common behavior, but either way some victims don't want to leave their abusers for whatever reason(s).

They're both great people and I'm praying for both of them.

Signed,
Every celebrity who has been asked about this

^I agree, but, sadly, it's very common with abuse victims especially if it's a regular occurrence. Obviously, we don't really know in this situation if this was an isolated incident or common behavior, but either way some victims don't want to leave their abusers for whatever reason(s).

Yeah I realize that but I just cant grasp for the life of me why anyone would want to continue to be with someone that did something so horrible to them. I guess I just dont understand it. The whole thing is really sad.

Terrence Howard said something kind of asshatty (that he later backpedaled on took back), and surprise surprise, the other day it came out that he had been arrested in the past for domestic abuse.

Well done, douchebag.

I agree. I find TMZ and especially Harvey Levin despicable but in this case, I'm glad they got their hands on the picture and released it. I have read comments like:

"who cares they were probably high on crack and beat the shit out of each other"

Seriously, fuck that shit. No one who has been pummeled in the face by someone they love deserves it or asks for it and there is no justification in the world to excuse it. Let the world see what a big man Chris Brown is and let his defenders try to explain away that picture.
i agree. there is no excuse for domestic violence. i can understand why she'd say she still loves chris and all that but...i can't understand it, you know? it honestly baffles me how any man can think it's fine to beat up a woman.

qft.

this is inexcusable at any time, with or without provocation.

If you can't understand it, it's because the concept is so foreign to you. But if you're a kid and you're abused and you see violence, it doesn't bump you when it happens to you later in life. People like that can wear the victim hat very well, and Chris Brown probably recognized that and preyed upon it. But yeah, if that's not something you as an adult are accustomed to, then the first time someone hits you is going to be the last, because you're saying to hell with this.

Same thing with adultery too. If you grew up around it an your family was broken up by it, then you're going to put up with it way more than someone who has never been affected by it.

I read somewhere that she'd been seen back in December with bruises on her neck.

Yeah I realize that but I just cant grasp for the life of me why anyone would want to continue to be with someone that did something so horrible to them. I guess I just dont understand it. The whole thing is really sad.
I can and I can't. I've been stuck(mentally) in bad situations before. I see it happen to others and I go :doh: and yet I get how it happens, but you learn and you snap out of it. Some women don't until it's too late. I'm just so disgusted by the men. They can't hurt these women if the women don't allow it, yes, but still, how dare they take advantage..

Seriously, if Chris Brown wants to 'smack up a bitch' would someone PLEASE do the world a favor and give Christian Siriano's 'fierce' little ass to him as a target??? :angry:

That video clip of C.S. on TMZ stating that Rihanna is "a diva" and she "must have done something" to provoke Brown just enrages me. Number one, I find it astoundingly hypocritical of Miss Thing Siriano to call ANYONE else a diva since all he's missing is his own damn VH1 special; number two, I seriously doubt when the day comes that he gets the hair gel slapped out of his head for 'provoking' someone that he'll remember his brilliant observation on this case and realize he was asking for it.

Honestly, people - male/female/undecided - if your significant other makes you so.fucking.angry. that you feel you need to beat the crap out of them? L-E-A-V-E -- leave the room, leave the house, leave the immediate area, but just get the fuck away. And if you find yourself repeatedly needing to get away? Then your partner is obviously NOT the one for you & you need to leave the relationship for good. You don't knock the shit out of someone you "love" and then blame them for MAKING YOU DO IT! :doh:

Like BAW said, I apologize for the language but this is a subject that really gets me wound up. :mad:

It gets you riled up, but you suggest he go beat up Christian Siriano instead?

I make jokes about wanting to kick someone in the shins or punch them in the neck too, but I guess when we're talking about someone who's actually gone and beaten someone senseless, it makes me cringe to read a joke about them beating on someone else.

Sorry.

It gets you riled up, but you suggest he go beat up Christian Siriano instead?

I make jokes about wanting to kick someone in the shins or punch them in the neck too, but I guess when we're talking about someone who's actually gone and beaten someone senseless, it makes me cringe to read a joke about them beating on someone else.

Sorry.

I know, I know... poor choice of words. :doh: I don't really condone the behavior - just as I don't condone anyone taking it upon themselves to beat Chris Brown now so they can teach him a lesson, or let him see what it feels like, or avenge Rihanna - whatever excuse anyone would use. Two wrongs etc, etc. :no:

You & LMPA are both right to point out the hypocrisy of my comment. I slapped that post together so fast & furious, I didn't take time to think about it - mostly because I despise Siriano & don't really ever want to hear his voice again on ANY subject, much less a bitchy little sound bite on this incident. Guess I should have gotten up & walked away from the computer for a while, huh? :reject:

Back
Top Bottom