Report: Rihanna's injuries are "horrific"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, my best friend was dating a musician that played with Bonnie Raitt, JB and that same circle

Ahh, Bonnie Raitt. Wonder what she thought of JB's domestic problems.

I guess getting back to the main topic. Rihanna should no longer be with Chris Brown, but hey, we're all young and stupid once. Well, maybe not once. :doh:

Even if Rihanna refuses to cooperate with prosecutors, the L.A. County District Attorney may have evidence even more powerful than the gruesome photos. Multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ, the night of the attack Rihanna told cops she was the victim of escalating violence -- and the perp was Brown.

LAPD cops interviewed Rihanna after the attack and she told them Brown had been violent toward her in the past and that the attacks were getting "more violent" as time went on. The interview is potent evidence if the L.A. County D.A. charges Brown with felony domestic battery, and that could happen as early as today.

And there's something else. The photo that TMZ obtained showing Rihanna battered, bloody and bruised is mild compared to other photos. We've learned additional pics were taken on February 9, the day after the attack, and they are far more gruesome -- the bruises and swelling far more pronounced. We're told these photos show injuries that could be devastating in a case against Brown.

Apparently, her family members have not been able to get a hold of her.

I heard that as well. I know you can't put a lot of stock in the tabloids, and I hate to jump to 500 conclusions, but I can't help thinking about how many abusers cut off their victims from their support - families, friends, whatever.

Ugh. Just ugh.

That is absolutely terrible. I read the police report this afternoon. I'm so sad she went back to him. As for the not contacting her family and vice versa, that was confirmed straight from Rihanna's dad. He said both he and her mom talked to her right after the incident. He said his actual last contact was via text, and she just said "Daddy, I miss you". Her brother apparently told her dad he can't get ahold of her via her e-mail anymore either. Very sad.:sad:

ETA: This is the interview with Rihanna's dad, that I mentioned. http://omg.yahoo.com/news/rihannas-father-somebody-has-a-stranglehold-on-her-i-m-lost/19652

Just read the article and am at a loss for words. It's downright disgusting and rather frightening. Hope someone is able to get through to her and make her realize that she really does need to get away from this psycho.

(CNN) -- Singer Rihanna, through her lawyer, asked a judge Thursday not to prohibit her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, from having contact with her while he faces felony charges of assaulting her.
The judge granted Rihanna's request.

UPDATE: Rihanna and Chris Brown married?!
March 4, 9:17 PM ·

The whirlwind tale of Rihanna and Chris Brown’s relationship continues to surprise. Rumor has it the couple not only reunited over the weekend but got married. That’s right. The ‘domestic violence’ duo is apparently husband and wife, according to Star magazine.
As previously reported, Rihanna reunited with Chris Brown over the weekend and were spotted at Sean “P.Diddy” Combs’ $14.5 million mansion on Star Island.

According to Star magazine, the couple had a tearful face-to-face meeting which included Chris apologizing, begging for forgiveness and proposing. Apparently, the “Umbrella” star said, “yes”.

“All she’s ever wanted was to be with him forever,” a source tells Star. “Rihanna is looking for the husband-and-two-kids deal before she turns 25. She believes in fairy tales, and she wants to live hers with Chris. She was totally up front and confessed to him, ‘I can’t live without you.’”

In trying to make Rihanna’s fairy tale come true, the young couple called a minister to the mansion!

They say if this is true, the case goes away.

It's such a shame, these two are so young. What's going to happen next time Brown loses his temper? I hate to even think what could potentially happen to Rhianna or to one of their kids if they do procreate. :no: :doh:

Both of their lawyers are in cahoots apparently. :|

TV's Extra was in court yesterday for the proceedings and they overheard Rihanna's attorney, Donald Etra, talking to Brown in front of the mic.

Etra told Ike Chris, “I think Rihanna would like this over as quickly as possible. It benefits everybody.”

The genius that is Brown responded to him with, “I’m a little confused on the terms of everything so…and the proceedings and what’s going on.” To which Etra said, “Mark [Geragos, Brown’s attorney] will explain it and I’ll explain it to Rihanna.”

That's when Geragos stepped in and added, “I’ve explained it to you that the best thing that could happen in this case is Don [Etra] is involved. Didn’t I tell you that?” And Etra said, “And I would say to you that the best thing to you is that Mark is involved.”

So gross!

:down::down::down::down:

They say if this is true, the case goes away.

so, they get married and the case is dropped? if thats true its insanity . . . not at all versed in legalese, but I thought the law that invokes that husband/wife privilege would only come into affect if they were married at the time of the incident??

that combined with the previous article....could she be more stupid?

not really, no . . . how many times will he need to hit her before she realises that this is just not on . . . and, no expert in the battery field either, but this was a pretty vicious attack for a first time . . . can't help think that maybe its been going on for a little while, just not so visibly?

It's such a shame, these two are so young. What's going to happen next time Brown loses his temper? I hate to even think what could potentially happen to Rhianna or to one of their kids if they do procreate. :no: :doh:

yep . . . both of these people need some serious counselling or god help the kids that they may have

:sigh:

so, they get married and the case is dropped? if thats true its insanity . . . not at all versed in legalese, but I thought the law that invokes that husband/wife privilege would only come into affect if they were married at the time of the incident??

The husband/wife privilege does not apply to domestic violence cases, at least not in California. The laws were changed (rightfully so) so that a domestic violence victim will not be threatened with arrest if she refuses to testify against the abuser, but her testimony is not needed for charges to be filed or for him to be convicted. Her cooperation would make it easier but the district attorney can use the statements she made at the scene, along with pictures, 911 tapes, statements from other people at the scene and other evidence in lieu of her actually testifying in court.

Posted Mar 9th 2009 8:30AM by TMZ Staff

Exclusive sources tell TMZ Chris Brown would cop a plea, but only to a misdemeanor and with no jail time. After we broke the story yesterday AM it has triggered a passionate public reaction.

We're told Brown's people have consulted with outside legal eagles -- including law school professors -- who have said Rihanna's own aggressiveness takes it out of the felony category. Sources say Rihanna was the first one to strike -- slapping and striking Brown "numerous times" while he was driving, after seeing the text message from another woman. And Rihanna was fighting Brown as he punched and hurt her. We're told much of this is reflected in the official police report based on what Rihanna told cops. As a result, they say, this is not a case that demands a felony plea.

On the other side, there are plenty of cases in which the woman engages the man in a fight but the jury convicts the male because it was an unfair fight and the man could have walked away. The photographs of Rihanna -- the most graphic of which have not been seen by the public -- demonstrate Brown's superior strength. Add to that the fact that Brown had no significant injuries and it presents problems for him.

Perhaps worse for Brown, sources tell TMZ Rihanna told cops he had beaten her before and the violence had been escalating.

And there's this. According to the detective's note filed with the search warrant papers, Brown sent a text message to Rihanna's assistant in which he apologized for what he had done to Rihanna and said he was getting help. That would be admissible in court and extremely damaging -- as a legal admission.

Do these kids have parents? What the Hell is going on here? If I were Rihanna's father, there's no way I would allow my daughter to be with Chris Brown. That, and of course, I'd beat the living piss out of him for laying his hands on my daughter.

My local Top 40 station has stopped playing Brown's songs since this incident occurred.

One day, (if she's still alive :| ) she's going to wake up and say WTF was I thinking.

Back
Top Bottom