Report: Rihanna's injuries are "horrific" - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #151
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Do these kids have parents? What the Hell is going on here? If I were Rihanna's father, there's no way I would allow my daughter to be with Chris Brown. That, and of course, I'd beat the living piss out of him for laying his hands on my daughter.

My local Top 40 station has stopped playing Brown's songs since this incident occurred.
Well, she's an adult. They can yell or plead with her as much as they want, but they can't make her do anything. Her dad was apparently on record the other week as saying they hadn't been able to reach her, which is heartbreaking.

And Chris Brown's father, surprise surprise, was apparently a wife-beater as well, so it's not like he's got great role models there. Helllooooo, cycle of abuse!

Glad to hear some stations are dropping him from their playlists, though.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Well, she's an adult. They can yell or plead with her as much as they want, but they can't make her do anything. Her dad was apparently on record the other week as saying they hadn't been able to reach her, which is heartbreaking.

And Chris Brown's father, surprise surprise, was apparently a wife-beater as well, so it's not like he's got great role models there. Helllooooo, cycle of abuse!

Glad to hear some stations are dropping him from their playlists, though.

I know they're adults and they can't make them do anything, but they could be a positive influence in their lives. If I were Rihanna's father, I would've hopped a flight to wherever she was as soon as I heard the news of this incident.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #153
Blue Crack Distributor

Are you fucking kidding me?

yeah, good luck with that difficult love relationship, Rihanna - that's the furthest thing from love you've got going right now, girl.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #154
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Do these kids have parents? What the Hell is going on here? If I were Rihanna's father, there's no way I would allow my daughter to be with Chris Brown. That, and of course, I'd beat the living piss out of him for laying his hands on my daughter.

My local Top 40 station has stopped playing Brown's songs since this incident occurred.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:07 PM   #155
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:55 PM
As Rihanna's dad has said, she changed all her cell phone numbers, her e-mail address, etc. He, her mom, and her brother have tried contacting her numerous times with no luck. Also, they really have no way of knowing where she is with the way she's been moving around since this happened. And as Cori said, she is an adult. Legally, there's no way they can just go track her down if she doesn't want them to.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
As Rihanna's dad has said, she changed all her cell phone numbers, her e-mail address, etc. He, her mom, and her brother have tried contacting her numerous times with no luck. Also, they really have no way of knowing where she is with the way she's been moving around since this happened. And as Cori said, she is an adult. Legally, there's no way they can just go track her down if she doesn't want them to.
That's scary.

I saw a clip of Tyra Banks on Oprah last night and she was talking about an emotionally abusive relationship she was in years ago. She was saying she stayed because she felt if she couldn't make him treat her better, she was a failure. That was eye-opening. Might explain why a smart woman with high self-worth could still fall into that trap.

It's perplexing why someone like Rihanna would settle for this, but I guess you're pretty blind while you're in it
Old 03-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #157
Blue Crack Distributor

Unfortunately, some of us are blind when we're in unhealthy relationships - hopefully she's strong enough to eventually realize this and get the hell out.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Many Boston teens surveyed say Rihanna is at fault for assault - The Boston Globe

Quote:
Health counselors are specifically concerned with teenagers' views of the controversy. Of the teens questioned, more than half said both Brown, 19, and Rihanna, 21, were equally responsible for the assault. More than half said the media were treating Brown unfairly, and 46 percent said Rihanna was responsible for the incident
Old 03-13-2009, 04:33 PM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:55 PM
Whut
Old 03-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier

i hate people
Old 03-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:55 PM

she had no business taking his cell and reading his text messages

she had to pay, she knows she did wrong, that is why she is still with him.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #162
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Legally, there's no way they can just go track her down if she doesn't want them to.

That is not true.

If they knew where she was, they could go to her residence and knock on her door. That they could do. Hell, she's not so hard to find. Rumor has it she's in a studio somewhere. What they couldn't do is force themselves inside her residence. So, if they knocked on her door, the worst that could happen was she wouldn't answer it and reject them. But, maybe, she might actually want to see them if they came to her.

So, fuck the e-mails, the cell phones calls, the texts and all that other bullshit. Her family needs to kick that shit old school and go and visit her. Which, by the way, is definitely NOT against the law. The law is only violated if her family enters Rihanna's home without her consent or permission.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
That is not true.

If they knew where she was, they could go to her residence and knock on her door. That they could do. Hell, she's not so hard to find. Rumor has it she's in a studio somewhere. What they couldn't do is force themselves inside her residence. So, if they knocked on her door, the worst that could happen was she wouldn't answer it and reject them. But, maybe, she might actually want to see them if they came to her.

So, fuck the e-mails, the cell phones calls, the texts and all that other bullshit. Her family needs to kick that shit old school and go and visit her. Which, by the way, is definitely NOT against the law. The law is only violated if her family enters Rihanna's home without her consent or permission.
Rihanna's not like the average person. She has an entourage of bodyguards, other security, assistants, and God knows what else with her most of the time. There's no way anyone could walk up to her door and just knock away, unless she'd allow it. Also, if she wanted to see/hear from her family so badly, I don't think she would've suddenly changed all her means of contact. She's avoiding them for a reason. It's stupid, but there's really nothing they can do, especially when she has the means, financially and otherwise to go anywhere in the world she wants at any point in time. If they got on a plane tonight to go see her in L.A., (which is where she was the last time I heard), and she found out about it, she could get a private jet, and be in Europe tomorrow morning. That wouldn't be so easy for a lot of us.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:22 PM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:55 PM
what the FUCK people.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #165
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
what the FUCK people.
i love the new trend on the internet where everything's reverted back to some horrible old school line of thinking. i can't think of how many times i've read online where some form of abuse against a woman is apparently her fault. i've read threads on rape and people post that they were "asking for" it. absolutely ridiculous. i don't know if these guys really believe that or if they just want to thump their chest and seem like some big masculine guy.

Tags
chris brown, rihanna