Report: Rihanna's injuries are "horrific" - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:32 AM
Quote:
(CNN) -- Singer Rihanna, through her lawyer, asked a judge Thursday not to prohibit her boyfriend, singer Chris Brown, from having contact with her while he faces felony charges of assaulting her.
The judge granted Rihanna's request.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #137
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:32 AM
i just read the article.

holy shit. there's a difference between hitting a woman, and a sustained attack like that. both aren't good, but that's disgusting.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
UPDATE: Rihanna and Chris Brown married?!
March 4, 9:17 PM ·

The whirlwind tale of Rihanna and Chris Brown’s relationship continues to surprise. Rumor has it the couple not only reunited over the weekend but got married. That’s right. The ‘domestic violence’ duo is apparently husband and wife, according to Star magazine.
As previously reported, Rihanna reunited with Chris Brown over the weekend and were spotted at Sean “P.Diddy” Combs’ $14.5 million mansion on Star Island.

According to Star magazine, the couple had a tearful face-to-face meeting which included Chris apologizing, begging for forgiveness and proposing. Apparently, the “Umbrella” star said, “yes”.

“All she’s ever wanted was to be with him forever,” a source tells Star. “Rihanna is looking for the husband-and-two-kids deal before she turns 25. She believes in fairy tales, and she wants to live hers with Chris. She was totally up front and confessed to him, ‘I can’t live without you.’”

In trying to make Rihanna’s fairy tale come true, the young couple called a minister to the mansion!
They say if this is true, the case goes away.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:36 AM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:32 AM
that combined with the previous article....could she be more stupid?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:38 AM   #140
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Old 03-06-2009, 02:16 AM   #141
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

It's such a shame, these two are so young. What's going to happen next time Brown loses his temper? I hate to even think what could potentially happen to Rhianna or to one of their kids if they do procreate.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:32 PM
Both of their lawyers are in cahoots apparently.

TV's Extra was in court yesterday for the proceedings and they overheard Rihanna's attorney, Donald Etra, talking to Brown in front of the mic.

Etra told Ike Chris, “I think Rihanna would like this over as quickly as possible. It benefits everybody.”

The genius that is Brown responded to him with, “I’m a little confused on the terms of everything so…and the proceedings and what’s going on.” To which Etra said, “Mark [Geragos, Brown’s attorney] will explain it and I’ll explain it to Rihanna.”

That's when Geragos stepped in and added, “I’ve explained it to you that the best thing that could happen in this case is Don [Etra] is involved. Didn’t I tell you that?” And Etra said, “And I would say to you that the best thing to you is that Mark is involved.”

So gross!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #143
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
They say if this is true, the case goes away.
so, they get married and the case is dropped? if thats true its insanity . . . not at all versed in legalese, but I thought the law that invokes that husband/wife privilege would only come into affect if they were married at the time of the incident??

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
that combined with the previous article....could she be more stupid?
not really, no . . . how many times will he need to hit her before she realises that this is just not on . . . and, no expert in the battery field either, but this was a pretty vicious attack for a first time . . . can't help think that maybe its been going on for a little while, just not so visibly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carek1230 View Post
It's such a shame, these two are so young. What's going to happen next time Brown loses his temper? I hate to even think what could potentially happen to Rhianna or to one of their kids if they do procreate.

yep . . . both of these people need some serious counselling or god help the kids that they may have

Old 03-07-2009, 02:06 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:32 PM
This is so odd. Rihanna was granted permission to record phone conversations with CB. What's the motive there?
Old 03-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #145
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplereign View Post
so, they get married and the case is dropped? if thats true its insanity . . . not at all versed in legalese, but I thought the law that invokes that husband/wife privilege would only come into affect if they were married at the time of the incident??
The husband/wife privilege does not apply to domestic violence cases, at least not in California. The laws were changed (rightfully so) so that a domestic violence victim will not be threatened with arrest if she refuses to testify against the abuser, but her testimony is not needed for charges to be filed or for him to be convicted. Her cooperation would make it easier but the district attorney can use the statements she made at the scene, along with pictures, 911 tapes, statements from other people at the scene and other evidence in lieu of her actually testifying in court.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:32 PM
Posted Mar 9th 2009 8:30AM by TMZ Staff

Exclusive sources tell TMZ Chris Brown would cop a plea, but only to a misdemeanor and with no jail time. After we broke the story yesterday AM it has triggered a passionate public reaction.

We're told Brown's people have consulted with outside legal eagles -- including law school professors -- who have said Rihanna's own aggressiveness takes it out of the felony category. Sources say Rihanna was the first one to strike -- slapping and striking Brown "numerous times" while he was driving, after seeing the text message from another woman. And Rihanna was fighting Brown as he punched and hurt her. We're told much of this is reflected in the official police report based on what Rihanna told cops. As a result, they say, this is not a case that demands a felony plea.

On the other side, there are plenty of cases in which the woman engages the man in a fight but the jury convicts the male because it was an unfair fight and the man could have walked away. The photographs of Rihanna -- the most graphic of which have not been seen by the public -- demonstrate Brown's superior strength. Add to that the fact that Brown had no significant injuries and it presents problems for him.

Perhaps worse for Brown, sources tell TMZ Rihanna told cops he had beaten her before and the violence had been escalating.

And there's this. According to the detective's note filed with the search warrant papers, Brown sent a text message to Rihanna's assistant in which he apologized for what he had done to Rihanna and said he was getting help. That would be admissible in court and extremely damaging -- as a legal admission.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Chris Brown and Rihanna Record a Duet - Crime & Courts, Individual Class, Rihanna, : People.com

Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:32 PM
This whole thing is an absolute train wreck
Old 03-13-2009, 12:45 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Do these kids have parents? What the Hell is going on here? If I were Rihanna's father, there's no way I would allow my daughter to be with Chris Brown. That, and of course, I'd beat the living piss out of him for laying his hands on my daughter.

My local Top 40 station has stopped playing Brown's songs since this incident occurred.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #150
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

One day, (if she's still alive ) she's going to wake up and say WTF was I thinking.

Tags
chris brown, rihanna