Real World/Road Rules rubbish - scripted? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Old 10-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
War Child
Local Time: 02:07 AM
Real World/Road Rules rubbish - scripted?

I'm a long time 'The Real World' fan and even enjoyed the early seasons of 'Road Rules'. I have recently discovered this RW vs RR Challenge show and while it is utterly awful I am pondering - is it scripted? Is it like 'The Hills' and totally contrived?

In this latest season - 'The Ruins' - apparently the big drama is that Wes was engaged to Johanna who cheated on him with another player (Kenny - who is also in this cast) during a previous season - but now Wes is dating fellow competitor Kelly Ann and Johanna has threatened to sell Wes' house that is in her name for some reason??

Now Wes is throwing challenges and it is fucking ridiculous - yet very very non-intentionally funny.

Being new to this show - is it meant to be actually real?

thatsnotmypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
Local Time: 07:07 PM
I've watched every season of Road Rules and Real World plus all of the Challenge shows. I think this is going to be the last RR RW Challenge show I Watch if I Even make it thru to the end of this series because I am really fed up with the same old crap that happens on each series. It seems to be the same people each time, but different circumstances and hook ups. They're stupid drunk, partying all the time, getting into fights, sleeping with one another and all that drama really takes away from the show's subject which are the challenges and competition. MTV just THAT hard up they continue to air this crap to make money? Not only the show but they now have occasional After Show's airing immediately following a weekly episode and there's the special at the end of each season of each show AND....the website where you're supposed to be able to see uncut extra footage and send messages to the cast members.

Carek1230 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:47 AM   #3
War Child
Local Time: 02:07 AM
They didnt even have a reunion for the Real World Cancun (as far as I know??) - they need to do an old school Road Rules series again - no extreme, no eliminations - just back to basics.

Bah! MTV sucks even more!
thatsnotmypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 10:07 PM
I watch this and Wes is really annoying. He needs to get over himself
lauramullen is offline   Reply With Quote