Random TV Talk IV: We're So Broken Inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It does get better. It thrives on continuity and running jokes, so it's not terribly episodic, but it is solid for network comedy.

It's one of the most layered shows I've ever seen when it comes to comedy. Jokes wil build episode after episode, starting as absurd or frustrating, and getting to this point where it's just something you can't help but laugh at. I think it's one of the most unique shows I've ever seen.

Hot fucking damn, Feud was amazing.

Ryan Murphy produces some hot messes (see American Horror Story), but between this and the OJ thing, he's gone way up in my estimation.

I just finished watching it. It was really good.

This season of Fargo, though. God damn it's so good.

The fuck did this Noah Hawley guy come from? He's the showrunner for two of the best, weirdest, and most memorable TV shows of the last 5 years.

Last edited:
He's supposedly also an awesome book author as well. Definitely the best voice in television at the moment.

Oh yeah, i think I read his book earlier this year. After the Fall, I think it's called? It was very good.

He's not the star of the show by any means, but I think David Thewlis' character on Fargo is my favorite so far season. Hilarious and menacing, he turns an episode on its head every time he's on screen.

Jason Bateman said on Twitter today that he signed on to do more Arrested Development.

I loved the last thing they did, odd as it was, so bring it on.

I hope it's better than the last season.

I'm so woefully behind on all the stuff I want to watch on streaming. Ugh.

Not really enjoying Fargo this season so far, compared to the other two. Ewan McG is awesome, though, and I did really like the Peter & the Wolf thing this past week.

A lot of people seem to be disappointed with this season of Fargo, but I'm still enjoying it. That episode with Gloria and the animated robot was one of the best to come out of the show.

So, has anyone watched the latest Louis CK standup on Nextflix? Good stuff. Was literally LMAO in real life most of the time. Except for the last ten minutes when he went into a shtick about Magic Mike that was mostly just dick jokes. That didn't really work for me, but the whole rest of it was one of the funnier standups I've seen in recent years. He's great.

P.S. Is Louie over for good or is there a chance it could come back at some point if he feels like it?

It just depends on his schedule...obviously, he did Horace & Pete instead and a ton of other stuff. It is up to him just like it is for Amy Schumer...or Donald Glover with Atlanta (which won't be on until 2018 at the earliest), etc. The networks have realized it's better to give these talents freedom when their schedule gets busy than to force them to churn out product when they want to do something else.

I haven't watched Louie's special because I saw that tour live. I loved all of it except the first ten minutes or so, actually, so to each their own.

Not really enjoying Fargo this season so far, compared to the other two. Ewan McG is awesome, though, and I did really like the Peter & the Wolf thing this past week.

I've been watching Fargo. I think the last episode was one of the best of this season. I like the female Police Chief. She's great. Admittedly, the show has plodded along at some points, but I've enjoyed Ewan's work as well the British dude. :wink:

Totally agreed. I almost decided then and there to stop watching this season ... then the hand appeared, and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I'm halfway through, might as well keep watching.

I never wondered what would happen if a queen tried to lipsynch with a mask on, but I cant say I was surprised. Sucks that it was Valentina, especially when they've basically been trying to get rid of Nina for the last three episodes, but I don't know why people online were acting like it was the end of the world (except for how it seems like the whole internet hates Alexis Michele, that's just kind of funny).

Last edited:
I don't have any strong, negative or positive, feelings toward anyone this season.

Back
Top Bottom