Random TV Talk IV: We're So Broken Inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I had figured out the twist as well as who the kid bully was ( well narrowed to 2 kids) early on. But there was a little unexpected twist at the end with
moonbat Bonnie being the one who pushes Tarzan down the stairs

In the book, she had

more backstory about her having an abusive father, so her suspicion/impulse had a bit more heft to it.

That being left out didn't bother me here, though.

And since I don't remember the book, I only know that thanks to reading reviews of the finale. :wink:

Yaaaaay, Master of None season 2 premieres on May 12!

[TWEET]842057946825666561[/TWEET]

:up: So much good television coming

Master of None season 2
Fargo season 3
Mr Robot season 3
Game of Thrones season 7
BoJack Horseman season 4
Rick and Morty season 3
Stranger Things season 2

TWIN PEAKS. And they're offering a bunch of episodes from the start.

I'm trying to decide how to go about re-watching the show. Pace myself? Binge the week before?

Shit I know! I kind of want to pace myself with the first 4 hours but I suppose I would have time to rewatch them. Plus, the amount of fan chatter is going to be off the hooks.

I definitely recommend the Secret History Of Twin Peaks book that was released last year as well by Mark Frost. He also announced that he's releasing a second and final book in the fall after Season 3 is done airing.

Great Rick and Morty episode, was very worried it'd be a bit of a dud after so long away but it was just as great as anything from the other two seasons. Some very funny moments.

Definitely one of the best shows going at the moment. Except those episodes where its just a bunch of improvised LOL SO RANDOM stuff on TV. Those episodes are a fat pile of shit. :|

Definitely one of the best shows going at the moment. Except those episodes where its just a bunch of improvised LOL SO RANDOM stuff on TV. Those episodes are a fat pile of shit. :|

:down: The first one is a classic. Not only is it hilarious, but the timeline goggles subplot led to some great drama. The callback to Rick Potion #9 with the graves was heartbreaking.

How can someone not find this funny? When he loses it at the end, oh my God.

The sequel episode was pretty forgettable. I wish they had only done it once.

haha alright, I'll admit my opinion of the first is pretty soiled by the really unnecessary second one (which WAS shit) I'm still not a massive fan of it though. it has its moments (and yeah the bit of actual story was good) but the improvised tv stuff just wore thin very quickly for me.

The worst part is there's almost certainly a third on the way :doh:

Yeah, no thanks to a third one. There are so many inventive stories on Rick and Morty that they don't need to use interdimensional cable as a crutch.

Rewatching season 2, I was blown away by Total Rickall. That's such a great episode.

I definitely recommend the Secret History Of Twin Peaks book that was released last year as well by Mark Frost. He also announced that he's releasing a second and final book in the fall after Season 3 is done airing.

I bought that, Secret Diary of Laura Palmer and two books about the show last fall. Want to get it all done and a re-watch, but I don't plan on starting until my girlfriend is done with her re-watch on Netflix. We're planning to watch Fire Walk With Me together and then I'll dig into the show in my freetime (and Laura's Diary seems like a good read after watching Fire Walk With Me).

Definitely going to be a long haul for me to watch 30 episodes of something I've already watched, but it's pretty much necessary to do so when you're watching a new season of a show you last watched in like 2006. Obviously, I don't remember much.

I just got that Mark Frost book from the library. Hope the music in the new series is as good as the original. Still love that CD.

Fans of Gilmore Girls and Mad Men, check out the pilot for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel if you have Amazon video. It rules.

Watched it weeks ago. It broke precedent and got an immediate two season pick-up, so there's a lot to look forward to.

Hot fucking damn, Feud was amazing.

Ryan Murphy produces some hot messes (see American Horror Story), but between this and the OJ thing, he's gone way up in my estimation.

I'm three episodes into LEGION and it's gonzo and I love it. Rachel Keller is so beautiful. Introducing her character with the Stones' "She's a Rainbow" was sublime.

Cori, you caught up on drag race? I can't manage to care about anyone on this season.

I am. I wanted to root for the Milwaukee queen (Jaymes Mansfield), but she was awful, so good riddance.

I like the one that's new to drag - Trinity? Or Valentina? I sometimes can't keep everybody straight (har har) until the herd has been thinned quite a bit.

Valentina is the one who's been doing drag for like less than a year, but unlike Shangela back in the day (yo), is really really good.

Maybe that's it. There's too many queens so early on in the season I can't keep track of them either.

I might be delayed in watching for a week or two, and I think it's Snatch Game this week. My folks will be in town, and that's not a show we'll be watching together. Heh.

lol. Being on mountain time now, its way too weird to me that any tv show would be on at 6pm. So I tend to run about a little behind to when it shows up on demand just out of inability to remember this sort of thing (except last week I just happened to turn on the tv at the right time by accident).

So I just finished the first (only?) season of Trial and Error. I thought that shit was hilarious.

I watched the first episode and didn't think it was very funny, but I keep hearing people talk about it, so I'll have to give it another try.

Back
Top Bottom