Random TV Talk IV: We're So Broken Inside - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2018, 10:33 PM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:51 AM
season one is the third-best season of the show. you're in for a treat.

i want to talk about the show so much but i don't want to risk spoiling anything for you.

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:19 AM   #287
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:51 AM
House On Haunted Hill is pretty great so far.

the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:50 AM   #288
Blue Crack Addict

who cares about that show, did you watch the rest of the wire??
Old 10-25-2018, 06:39 PM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
who cares about that show, did you watch the rest of the wire??

Midway through season 3. I took a break to load up on horror movies and shows because tis the season.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:04 PM   #290
Blue Crack Addict

what did you think of season 2?
Old 11-15-2018, 03:46 PM   #291
Blue Crack Addict

Random TV Talk IV: We're So Broken Inside

I just finished The Wire.

Without reading anything about what I’m supposed to think/what the consensus of fans is, my season ranking goes like this:

5*

*would be higher if I didn’t completely hate what McNulty did.

My favorite parts of the whole series were Bunny Colvin taking matters into his own hands in season 3, Prez teaching in season 4 (with the payoff at the end of season 5), and the campaigning of Littlefinger. I’m sure there is more that I loved but those are the first three things that came to mind.

As for this being heralded as the best show ever, it probably was when it was released. But probably because other shows have been produced at extremely high quality in the interim based around similar structure, I didn’t feel like it was the best show I’ve ever seen. It was really good, yes, and likely inspired a lot of the similar dramas that made me feel like something I’ve seen before.

It was really interesting seeing a lot of actors I knew from other things like The Walking Dead, Game Of Thrones, Black Panther, The Night Of, and Idris Elba.

Hot takes!
Old 11-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #292
The Male

Local Time: 04:51 AM
I'd flip 4 and 3, but that list looks right. 4 is seriously one of the best seasons of televisions I've ever watched and probably at least had a subconscious impact on my own career path.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #293
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I just finished The Wire.

Without reading anything about what I’m supposed to think/what the consensus of fans is, my season ranking goes like this:

5*

*would be higher if I didn’t completely hate what McNulty did.

My favorite parts of the whole series were Bunny Colvin taking matters into his own hands in season 3, Prez teaching in season 4 (with the payoff at the end of season 5), and the campaigning of Littlefinger. I’m sure there is more that I loved but those are the first three things that came to mind.

As for this being heralded as the best show ever, it probably was when it was released. But probably because other shows have been produced at extremely high quality in the interim based around similar structure, I didn’t feel like it was the best show I’ve ever seen. It was really good, yes, and likely inspired a lot of the similar dramas that made me feel like something I’ve seen before.

It was really interesting seeing a lot of actors I knew from other things like The Walking Dead, Game Of Thrones, Black Panther, The Night Of, and Idris Elba.

Hot takes!
this is the furthest thing from a hot take because it is, in fact, 100% correct.

LM is also right though, 3/4 are the best and it just depends on whether you like the political storyline or the school storyline best - i think the kids' arc is better but season 3 also had hamsterdam and the resolution of the barksdale arc so i fully understand why some people like that one more.

personally i like 2 better than 5 because i felt 5 sort of went off the rails a bit with mcnulty's scheme (and i HATED that lester was such an enthusiastic participant, although yay bunk ), and the newspaper arc wasn't that great relative to what came before. i also related to ziggy in a real personal way when i first saw it 10+ years ago and had a bit of a "there but for the grace of god go i" sense while watching the last couple episodes, so emotionally that one stuck with me a little more.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:20 PM   #294
The Male

Local Time: 04:51 AM
2 vs. 5 is a tough call because 5 is actively irritating with very impressive highs (the finale!), whereas 2 is just kind of flat throughout but generally watchable. 1, 3 and 4 are all different shades of excellent.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:08 PM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Regarding season 1, it’s definitely the most raw. I was thinking during maybe season 4 and trying to remember when I stopped hearing all the “5-O!” callouts.

I think the thing that I liked about 5 was the resolution. It should Prez matured. It showed Colvin’s success. It showed Bubbles straightened out. Now a lot of that was right at the end, sure, but sometimes a good ending can make up for a lot and they really nailed it. They left me wanting more, but also satisfied.

I want to know what happened with characters later on, but I don’t want them to bring it back.