Random TV Talk IV: We're So Broken Inside - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2017, 08:39 PM   #196
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:23 AM
Curb yeahhhh

I rewatched all of season 8 on the plane to LA and it made the loooooong flight feel a little shorter.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #197
Corkmaster

Local Time: 02:23 AM
Yeahhh! Can't wait

Old 08-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #198
The Male

Local Time: 08:23 AM
I have four episodes remaining of The Leftovers but I can already say it's one of the best experiences I've ever had watching television. It's so in line with everything I look for in drama and storytelling in general that it feels like it was made for me.

Carrie Coon is far better on this than she was on Fargo and I've yet to see anyone that disagrees, but of course it's the latter that she received an Emmy nomination for. Hopefully she wins it.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 09:54 PM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

Ironically I finally caught up with Season 2. I had seen Season 1 when it aired but never mustered up the energy to see the follow-up. While I admired the show's uniqueness, it's not exactly a pleasurable experience, or the type of show that has you really excited to get back with these characters and the pain they're experiencing. Compare it with something like Breaking Bad, which was also dark but also provided a heaping helping of cheap thrills and pulp to appeal to the more mainstream crowd (and it's precisely why I don't find BB to be on the level of TV's best).

Anyway, Season 2 is without a doubt one of the ballsiest I've ever seen from a show, completely turning everything on its head and going to places I never could have predicted. I wasn't crazy about Ghost Patty or the return of the Guilty Remnant, but they did some very interesting things with the plot elements and the narrative approach. And jesus, that hotel episode was insane.

Looking forward to pushing onto Season 3 ASAP.

And agree on Carrie Coon. I'm about halfway through Fargo season 3 and she's solid but nowhere near what she's done on The Leftovers. It's criminal how it's been overlooked in most categories by the Emmy awards, but in a way I'm not surprised because of how divisive the show is and, again, how unpleasant it often is to watch. At least the Critics Choice Awards had the decency to give her a win for playing Nora.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:25 AM   #200
Blue Crack Distributor

After all these years, I'm finally watching 30 Rock.

I had no idea I am actually Tina Fey in reality, but there it is.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:34 PM   #201
Blue Crack Distributor

Ha. I need to do a rewatch of that soon.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #202
Blue Crack Distributor

I'm kinda crushing on Tina really hard right now, haha. I was already growing out my hair for the first time since I was 5, but now I'm like, Fuck it, let's do it. let's see just how far I can go with it. Basically the character of Liz dresses exactly how I wish I would, and now I'm inspired .

Also the show is just hilarious and Jack Donaghy is probably among my ten favorite TV Show characters all-time. I'm only halfway through S2. I hope this keeps up.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:36 PM   #203
Blue Crack Distributor

God damn, I love Master of None.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:59 PM   #204
The Male

Ranty post ahead:

Master of None really is incredibly charming at times. It was a favorite of mine back in season 1. I was sad to find that season 2 wasn't clicking with me though. Occasionally it was amazing (Thanksgiving is much-watch television and somehow one of Angela Bassett's finest performances), but I think the romantic subplot just left me cold. Francesca was not fleshed out as well as his girlfriend from season 1, Rachel. Plus, Dev's life has become so unrealistically fantastic that it's increasingly difficult to relate to. Like, all he does in season 2 is eat food and pine after a woman with a serious partner. And, of course, her fiancée is a fucking douchebag, because writing him as a good, well-adjusted human being would make it difficult to ship her and Dev.

There is this great run of episodes in season 1 that sucked me in for a while. Nashville and Mornings are some of the best storytelling seen on television in ages because of how they get the details right. Dev and Rachel have great chemistry and it's incredibly entertaining to watch them experience new things together. I hope next season does better character work because the direction and confidence is there, plus Ansari is weirdly likable when you can connect with his story in the slightest.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #205
Blue Crack Distributor

God damn, I love Master of None.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #206
Blue Crack Distributor

Okay, the last two eps were a letdown. Wish that storyline hadn't taken over. Still love the show in general, though.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:12 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Ranty post ahead:

Master of None really is incredibly charming at times. It was a favorite of mine back in season 1. I was sad to find that season 2 wasn't clicking with me though. Occasionally it was amazing (Thanksgiving is much-watch television and somehow one of Angela Bassett's finest performances), but I think the romantic subplot just left me cold. Francesca was not fleshed out as well as his girlfriend from season 1, Rachel. Plus, Dev's life has become so unrealistically fantastic that it's increasingly difficult to relate to. Like, all he does in season 2 is eat food and pine after a woman with a serious partner. And, of course, her fiancée is a fucking douchebag, because writing him as a good, well-adjusted human being would make it difficult to ship her and Dev.

There is this great run of episodes in season 1 that sucked me in for a while. Nashville and Mornings are some of the best storytelling seen on television in ages because of how they get the details right. Dev and Rachel have great chemistry and it's incredibly entertaining to watch them experience new things together. I hope next season does better character work because the direction and confidence is there, plus Ansari is weirdly likable when you can connect with his story in the slightest.
when rachel showed up in season 2 i was psyched. she's such a good character and i want her back in the show. i was bummed it was so brief.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor

Anyone else like One Mississippi on Amazon?