Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 03:15 AM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:23 AM
I watched National Anthem and the second episode, Fifteen Million Merits. National Anthem was better. I'll check out White Bear next, since each is a stand alone no need to watch in order or even all of them.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #557
Blue Crack Distributor

I'd say they're all worth watching, although the final episode of season 2 was probably the weakest of all of them.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #558
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:23 PM
Having enjoyed the first season of Penny Dreadful despite the amount of horror tropes they jammed into it, I am really looking forward to season 2. It helps that the trailer is kind of awesome...

Old 01-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #559
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

TONIGHT:

Old 01-14-2015, 04:03 PM   #560
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Well, the final season of Parks and Rec got off to a interesting and a little weird start.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:31 PM   #561
Blue Crack Distributor

GIVE ME YOUR SKlN.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:18 PM   #562
Refugee

Local Time: 12:23 AM
http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-of...quelwha-214003

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand The X-Files was one of my favourite shows and I would certainly tune in if it was brought back. But this show ran its course well before they wrapped it up, and those final few seasons were a mess. I don't know if they can redeem it now. I mean I guess they can always make more quality monster-of-the-week episodes, but they fucked up the main mythology arc so badly by the end of the 9th season, I'm afraid it just can't be salvaged now. Although this could be why they might be considering a reboot instead of a continuation. Actually, a quasi-reboot post season 5 might be the best way to go with this...
Old 01-20-2015, 05:37 PM   #563
Blue Crack Distributor

I know this is super important to you all, so I wanted to make sure you were the first to know:

I always forget about how much I love Frasier. I never actively watched it when it was on, and even now, I just watch the reruns when I can't find anything else to watch. But much like the day I realized that just because I only watch A Christmas Story at Christmas-time doesn't mean it can't be among my favorite films, over the weekends it finally clicked with me that Frasier may be my favorite television series. Or at least sitcom (and since my favorite television series, currently, is a sitcom, I guess that puts it as my new #1 by default).

I know the show's not high art or anything, but I absolutely love the timing, the wit, the storylines and the fact that they had a will they/won't they subplot that went on for 7 seasons and never really got on my nerves.

Sorry Get Smart...missed it by that much.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:11 PM   #564
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youarenotimmune View Post
Fox is officially considering an X-Files revival of some sort · Newswire · The A.V. Club

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand The X-Files was one of my favourite shows and I would certainly tune in if it was brought back. But this show ran its course well before they wrapped it up, and those final few seasons were a mess. I don't know if they can redeem it now. I mean I guess they can always make more quality monster-of-the-week episodes, but they fucked up the main mythology arc so badly by the end of the 9th season, I'm afraid it just can't be salvaged now. Although this could be why they might be considering a reboot instead of a continuation. Actually, a quasi-reboot post season 5 might be the best way to go with this...
Abrams, Orci and Kurtzman already rebooted The X-Files, to mixed results.

Continuation? Sure. Sounds interesting. Reboot? No way am I up for that. I'd say the same about LOST or other similar shows. Those that still love these shows, those that would be amped for 'new story', are not interested in having the shit they love to be 'overwritten' by unimaginative assclowns.
Old 01-21-2015, 04:49 AM   #565
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:23 PM
Chris Carter hasn't written a good script since Milagro in season 6. Come to think of it, him and Spotnitz haven't written a good script together since season 5. That was in 1998.

This is very likely not a good idea. And since they did such a horrible job with the show in its final three seasons, I really don't think they'll ever elevate the material to the quality of those great early seasons.

If they brought back Vince Gilligan, Darin Morgan, Glen Morgan and James Wong, writers who did the most consistent (and arguably the greatest) work on the show... this might even work, despite all the evidence to the contrary. But the mythology has become such a travesty it would be a miracle to make it work again, like it did before season 6.

Nah, better leave it buried.
Old 01-21-2015, 07:57 AM   #566
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I know this is super important to you all, so I wanted to make sure you were the first to know:

I always forget about how much I love Frasier. I never actively watched it when it was on, and even now, I just watch the reruns when I can't find anything else to watch. But much like the day I realized that just because I only watch A Christmas Story at Christmas-time doesn't mean it can't be among my favorite films, over the weekends it finally clicked with me that Frasier may be my favorite television series. Or at least sitcom (and since my favorite television series, currently, is a sitcom, I guess that puts it as my new #1 by default).

I know the show's not high art or anything, but I absolutely love the timing, the wit, the storylines and the fact that they had a will they/won't they subplot that went on for 7 seasons and never really got on my nerves.

Sorry Get Smart...missed it by that much.
I enjoyed Frasier, though it probably went on a season or 2 too long. Thought the casting of David Hyde Pierce as Niles was spot on, you could really believe they were brothers.

Not as good as the show it spun off from (which also ran a couple seasons too long), but a very funny show.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #567
Blue Crack Distributor

Agreed re X-Files.

Also, Parks & Rec almost made me cry last night.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:15 PM   #568
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I enjoyed Frasier, though it probably went on a season or 2 too long. Thought the casting of David Hyde Pierce as Niles was spot on, you could really believe they were brothers.

Not as good as the show it spun off from (which also ran a couple seasons too long), but a very funny show.
Yeah, you may be right about that. I think I may finally sit down and watch it straight through. When Netflix first got it, I nearly watched the entire first season in a day. I had the weirdest crush on David Hyde Pierce as a kid. That may be why the show stuck with me for so long.

Unlike Cheers, which I hated as a kid. It was that boring show that was always on, and I could never get into it. Even as an adult, now, I still have such negative associations with it from childhood that I rarely, if ever, leave it on. Which is silly, because I always hear about how good it is. I end up watching it and then thing, Jeez, I miss Niles, I want to watch Frasier half the time, as well. You've inspired me. Perhaps I'll go home and instead watch some Cheers.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:58 AM   #569
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:23 PM
Better Call Saul starts tomorrow.

I recently discovered that Bob Odenkirk was the creator/writer of Chris Farley's SNL motivational speaker sketch.

Here's a clip of Odenkirk and Farley doing the sketch at Chicago's Second City in 1990.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #570
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Holy shit, I just finished watching The Slap. So far, almost the entire cast is unlikable except for the guy who slaps the kid. The kid's parents are ridiculous. They pretty much let him do whatever he wants. The kid's like 4 years old and his mother is still breastfeeding him. The best moment of the show is when the kid gets slapped. I'll probably watch the next episode just to see how it develops.