Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the middle of the latest season of Orange Is the New Black, will hit Stranger Things next.

...because the pronoun ultimately has to agree with the rest of the sentence.

This is the show right now for my daughter and I.

This is the show right now for my daughter and me.

False. I man a Rasta. I is the appropriate usage.

Loved the first episode of The Night Of, and loved that they didn't drag out the pacing of the reveals to later episodes. Seems like a good sign that they have no shortage of quality writing to follow. Thoroughly engaged.

Through five episodes at least (that's all we've gotten so far), it remains great. One of the best dramas on television right now.

Speaking of dramas, I finished Rectify and absolutely loved it. So fucking good and I can't wait for it to come back in October.

Whole thing is on Netflix now as of last week so it's easy to binge. I got bonoz_2112 to watch the first season and she really liked it. Monkeyskin and NSW were/are also big fans of the show.

It's a lot like Making a Murderer in its general concept, but the atmosphere is more southern gothic. There's also a lot of that existentialism you get from Mad Men. It's a beautiful show, skillfully acted and always well written.

yes,

I mentioned it awhile back, really good. when it began they had Gandolfini playing the lawyer, then he died.

glad they followed through with it

Whole thing is on Netflix now as of last week so it's easy to binge. I got bonoz_2112 to watch the first season and she really liked it. Monkeyskin and NSW were/are also big fans of the show.

It's a lot like Making a Murderer in its general concept, but the atmosphere is more southern gothic. There's also a lot of that existentialism you get from Mad Men. It's a beautiful show, skillfully acted and always well written.

RECTIFY!!

Have you ever watched a series to a certain point and then forgotten about it? I had watched S01 and 02, and forgotten all about it. As soon as I saw the intro I realized. Then spent a few minutes skimming to find where I left off. Season 3, here we go!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

RECTIFY!!

Have you ever watched a series to a certain point and then forgotten about it? I had watched S01 and 02, and forgotten all about it. As soon as I saw the intro I realized. Then spent a few minutes skimming to find where I left off. Season 3, here we go!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

:lol: I did this with Adventure Time. Took a couple years off between episodes, started on episode 10 and found I was actually closer to episode 20. I kept watching 2 minutes of each episode before deciding I had already watched it.

Anyway, enjoy. Season 3 literally went up on Netflix last week, so consider my post a friendly reminder.

Rectify was one of the top-tier dramas of this era and probably the most unfairly ignored given the lack of Emmy nominations. It's a friggin' masterpiece that will only gain a growing following as the years pass.

Is anyone watching The Night Of? I finally caught the first two episodes last night, and it's pretty great, in a The Wire meets Serial/Making a Murderer kind of way. Richard Price being involved obviously drew my attention, but the mini-series scores high marks across the board: fantastic acting, great direction and photography, social relevance and a captivating script.

Plus, John Turturro's eczema storyline is hilarious.

So I'm watching Rectify due to suggestions here. Finished the second season today. The pacing reminds me a lot of Breaking Bad, but I just can't say I really like it. I more admire it than anything else as I think it's pretty to look at, but I just can't find myself liking any of the characters. Like at all. Maybe that's the point. They just feel so awkward. Which I guess is kinda realism since people are awkward.

Cori, you watching drag race all stars?

YES. I love the line-up, and am looking forward to it after a promising first episode.

The first season of all-stars was disappointing. That team structure was bullshit and Pandora Boxx was robbed.

YES. I love the line-up, and am looking forward to it after a promising first episode.

The first season of all-stars was disappointing. That team structure was bullshit and Pandora Boxx was robbed.

It is a lineup full of awesome fierceness. I kind of want Alyssa Edwards to win and I'm not really sure why. Probably because the Alyssa's Secret YouTube series is my favorite thing.

Yeah the team thing was stupid and really obvious that Mimi was only there at all to cause some drama in someone having to be paired with her.

The Night Of ended quite well. A bit conservative, but after a fucking phenomenal penultimate episode, they managed to take that momentum and carry it over the line without incident. Really good show overall.

It is a lineup full of awesome fierceness. I kind of want Alyssa Edwards to win and I'm not really sure why. Probably because the Alyssa's Secret YouTube series is my favorite thing.

I love Alyssa. And Adore.

You're the Worst is back this week. Yay!

I'm so fuckin' pissed that NBC is canceling Grimm. I've been watching the show since it debuted. I've loved it from start. I guess NBC just wanted to devote more time to Dateline. NBC has a bad habit of canceling good shows. Hannibal was awesome too and they axed that. They never gave Dracula a chance either. Fuck you, NBC! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom