Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the first season recently. I liked it enough to keep watching, but based on what I've heard about the new season, I'm not in a rush to watch it. Especially if Vincent D'onofrio isn't in it; he was the shining spot in the first season.

I just finished S1 of Bojack Horseman, mainly because I had to see what Ashley and Travis were raving about. I was skeptical after the first few episodes, but then I got into it.

I think my favorite joke of the whole season was Vincent Adultperson, but it was mostly the little things that cracked me up.

Season 2 of Bojack Horseman is like all of the good stuff from season 1 with none of the bad.

However, the end of season 1 is really, really great and not all of season 2 is up to that level. It gets there by the end once the various plots start to converge (Let's Find Out and Escape from LA are absolutely riveting television by any standard). Narrative arcs are something the writers of that show do really well.

Last edited:
I watched the first season recently. I liked it enough to keep watching, but based on what I've heard about the new season, I'm not in a rush to watch it. Especially if Vincent D'onofrio isn't in it; he was the shining spot in the first season.

D'onofrio is in it, but he doesn't show up until later episodes. If you enjoyed the core cast from last season, you should enjoy this season.

The Americans has actually gotten better this season.

Agreed. I stopped watching partway into last season, but then streamed the rest of it when I learned about *big plot development that intrigued me*. Back into it now.

D'onofrio is in it, but he doesn't show up until later episodes. If you enjoyed the core cast from last season, you should enjoy this season.

I was pretty meh about everything and everyone who wasn't D'onofrio.

I liked the Americans but got bored halfway through season 2. It always seems like they get orders from the old lady in a car, put on wigs, and whack somebody. These random hits sometimes don't appear to be part of an overarching plot. They never seem to be in any perile during these 'hit of the week' moments

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This weekend I jumped over to Hulu and watched the first season of Rick and Morty

Very well done cartoon. Loved the quality of both the A & B stories in each episode. Think my favorite after one viewing is the Meeseeks and Destroy

The thought of trying to get two strokes off of Jerry's golf game being impossible.....and then Morty almost getting raped by a Jelly Bean....

Had me laughing more after the episode was over because of the absurdity of it all.

Lady Dynamite, you guys.

First episode was a bit eh, but then it was amazing real fast after that. I'm only 3 episodes in, though.

Well I finished and there's a lot to unpack.

But that was one of the most emotionally devastating works of fiction I've experienced in my lifetime. God damn it.

There should be a thread for it, but I just finished the second-to-last episode of The Path, and it's a very good show. Probably not on the same level as The Leftovers, but worth watching nonetheless. Aaron Paul has impressed me far more than he ever did on Breaking Bad, Michelle Monaghan is a revelation, and Hugh Dancy is disturbing as fuck.

Only 10 episodes so it's not much of a commitment.

I finally caught up with Gravity Falls today. Binge watched a huge chunk of season 2.

Astonishing show. Lots of laughs, gorgeous animation, top notch character writing, well executed twists, great pacing, it's absolutely brilliant. And it's gone now, never to return, but left behind one of the better series finales I've ever seen.

I highly recommend the show to anyone that loves animation and put an exclamation point on that recommendation if they love either Rick and Morty or Twin Peaks. There are multiple nods to both. The show's primary antagonist was originally meant to be voiced by David Lynch (they settled on an impersonation) and Justin Roiland voices a time traveler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom