Random TV Talk III - Do the Russell Coight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the first 9 episodes of Fuller House over the weekend. I thought the show was funnier than the original Full House. If you were a fan of the original series, you'll like this show. The first episode is pretty much a series finale of the original series and then the second episode starts off fresh. The Tanner girls definitely hold their own and Kimmy Gibbler was great too. Plus, the kids are funny. Especially DJ's middle kid, Max. He has most of the funny lines.

There was a recent TV series I was watching that I really wanted to post in here like 'hey anyone been watching ____ I caught a couple of eps recently and loved it' but I can't for the life of me a) remember what it was or b) remember if I just dreamed it

Tina-Raises-Glasses-Bobs-Burgers.gif

Anyone watching Aziz Ansari's show on Netflix? It's called Master of None. It's okay.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I watched a couple episodes and it was fine. Not on the same level as Louie, but pretty amusing.

Also, I'm almost caught up on Bob's Burgers. :hyper: Season 5 is starting off great. You've got to love a show that can stage a Working Girl/Die Hard hybrid musical.

I highly approve of your Bob's Burgers love. :up:

I gave up on Vinyl.

Finished Daredevil, which I liked but didn't love. Vincent D'onofrio was the best thing about it.

Just finished season one of Please Like Me, which Entertainment Weekly kept raving about. An odd little charming show that really grew on me after the first couple of episodes.

Thrilled that Crazy Ex-Girlfriend got picked up for another season, even though the ratings are apparently abysmal. (WTF AMERICA. WATCH THAT SHOW.)

Jane the Virgin might just be my favorite show currently airing.

I can't stop watching this:

Between Bob's Burgers, Rick and Morty, Bojack Horseman and a new season of Venture Bros, I'm watching about as many cartoons as I did when I was a kid. Feels good man.

Oh Im not the only one who likes Rick and Morty? I can finally watch cartoons with was without making excuses.

Definitely not. I love it and I know DaveC is a huge fan as well.

It's a shame how many adults seem to be actively against the idea of watching cartoons at their advanced age. I recommend adult cartoons to my parents all the time and they refuse to watch them on general principle, which is funny because it's my father that introduced me to The Simpsons.

Now that the Seth MacFarlane era of animation is dying off quietly, what's popping up is really good. Some of the most acclaimed shows on television are animated. Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers, Bojack Horseman, Venture Bros, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Archer, Steven Universe, the list goes on.

Last edited:
Documentary Now! Is hilarious. Fred Armisen and Bill Hader's spoof of Grey Gardens is hysterical.

Does anybody remember that classic Saved by the Bell episode where they camp out in the mall overnight to score U2 tickets? Can't blame them, it was the Zoo TV tour.

Everyone should watch this new series on Netflix "Out 1" it's like an investigative kinda thing aka Jennifer Jones

Between this and A Brighter Summer Day, cinephiles are running out of holy grails to pine for.

Anyone here check out Love on Netflix? I... really liked it, but a lot of that may be due to Gillian Jacobs. Not sure how a second season will work or if it will even be sustainable as a series after that, but I'll be back for sure. Not up to the level that Master of None set for Netflix half hours, but it certainly resonated with me.

Catastrophe is coming back for its second season this month. I am super excited - the first season was brilliant.

Tons coming back this month, actually:

Kimmy Schmidt
Outlander
Game of Thrones
Orphan Black
Catastrophe

:drool:

Anybody catch Daredevil? I thought it was another good season. Especially with Elektra and The Punisher added to the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom