Random Movie Talk, Louis the XIVth Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Cage ftr - Bad Lieutenant, Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona, Face/Off

Vampire's Kiss, Bringing Out the Dead, and Adaptation. round out the Essential 8 for me.

Porting over a better blurb to explain what I thought of Con Air:

As far as Cage the Action Hero goes, this doesn't hit the Bay-fueled heights of his partnership with Connery in The Rock or the kabuki masterpiece of Face/Off.

Cameron Poe -- replete with long prison locks and a deep-fried Southern accent -- may be one of Cage's most distinctive characters, particularly in that action vernacular; the shame is that besides him awesomely dodging one explosion or twin-riding police cycles with John Cusack with a Jack Slater-esque endless guitar solo blaring in the background, he rarely lives up the promise of his visual badassery or his reluctant heroism. More of a shame than that, the action itself feels ramshackle and sloppy as it plods forward toward its climax.

Other Bruckheimer stable directors Tony Scott & Michael Bay know how to showcase setpieces with the bravado befitting of the moment. Unfortunately, this flick tries hitting the right action notes but is always one key off.

BUT THAT'S JUST ME.

I don't think I could come up with two paragraphs' worth of words to describe Con Air.

Last edited:
It's not a good action movie.

And IWB, I unabashedly love the dude and the level to which he takes his performances. Agree to disagree.

:shrug: I just can't get past the fact that he has only two facial expressions.

aside from the Janie Jones scene, I despise everything about brining out the dead (although the movie did suck less than the book).

a picture of leonardo di caprio crying, made out of pictures of oscar winners

rLLCs3h.jpg

I'm not typically a guy who cares if Hollywood remakes an older movie. People who love the original don't have to see the new version. Yada yada yada.

But I read today that they are going to remake Point Break with Gerard Fucking Butler playing the Bhodi role. Are you kidding me? Nope. Should never happen.

I'm not typically a guy who cares if Hollywood remakes an older movie. People who love the original don't have to see the new version. Yada yada yada.

But I read today that they are going to remake Point Break with Gerard Fucking Butler playing the Bhodi role. Are you kidding me? Nope. Should never happen.

There should be some minimum time before a remake of a movie can be made. Seems way too soon to be considering remaking Point Break. Johnny Utah still looks the same for cryin' out loud.

Reliving my childhood by watching Good Burger on Netflix. What a terrible movie.

Oh, I thought it was great when I was 13. And there plenty of worse things committed to film for that age group--so I suppose you could say it's the kind of thing that makes me happy I grew up in the 90s. Could definitely be worse.

It's a genuinely odd and somewhat subversive flick aimed at kids in an era full of anaesthisized entertainment. There's way worse shit out there to slam than Good Burger.

I also mistakenly called it terrible before I got to the musical number at the insane asylum. Of course there's worse out there. I was just hoping it would be as awesome as I thought it was when I was a kid, and there was none of that (aside from the aforementioned musical number, which was totally what the fuck hilarious and how did I forget about that part??).

Something tells me nickelodeon is not what it was in the 90s, and if I thought Hanson and the backstreet boys were bad...well, it's nothing compared to having to contend with the shit that is beiber or Miley Cyrus.

I also mistakenly called it terrible before I got to the musical number at the insane asylum. Of course there's worse out there. I was just hoping it would be as awesome as I thought it was when I was a kid, and there was none of that (aside from the aforementioned musical number, which was totally what the fuck hilarious and how did I forget about that part??).

Something tells me nickelodeon is not what it was in the 90s, and if I thought Hanson and the backstreet boys were bad...well, it's nothing compared to having to contend with the shit that is beiber or Miley Cyrus.

Yeah, that's how nostalgia generally works.

The "Kurt's now both your mother and your father" / "He must look really weird naked" exchange kills me to this day.

True. I just didn't realize I was actually was nostalgic about Kenan and Kel. I'll show myself out now.

Yeah, that's how nostalgia generally works.

The "Kurt's now both your mother and your father" / "He must look really weird naked" exchange kills me to this day.

You make your sauce for Kurt
Who's Kurt?
I'm Kurt!
I'm Ed.
I'm aware.
I thought you said your name was Kurt.

It's stupid, but I still laugh. I've caught that movie on TV like three times in the last couple years and I just keep watching it...I don't know why.

True. I just didn't realize I was actually was nostalgic about Kenan and Kel. I'll show myself out now.

Don't be ashamed. I grew up watching them as well. Kel showing up in Mystery Men was a watershed moment.

QT's last few scripts have leaked months if not a year or more ahead of production. Seems to be a trend. Lock that shit broseph.

QT's last few scripts have leaked months if not a year or more ahead of production. Seems to be a trend. Lock that shit broseph.

He addresses that a bit in the article. Seems like he expects it to happen, but was more upset about it this time because there was such a small circle of people who had access to it and he felt his trust was breached, as a result.

I agree with you, though. Not having a watermark or anything? He was asking for trouble. I hope he calms down soon enough and doesn't actually shelve it. There aren't enough good westerns these days.

Yeah it's pretty shitty he can basically narrow it down to one of two people and. A little intense he's publicly calling them out on it too, but hey...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom