Random Movie Talk, Louis the XIVth Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets to see it in 70mm at the Chinese Theatre at midnight are $19.

Fuck.That.

I'll wait 2 days and see the midnight show in digital at my fav classic theatre for $9.75, thank you.

Tickets to see it in 70mm at the Chinese Theatre at midnight are $19.

Fuck.That.

I'll wait 2 days and see the midnight show in digital at my fav classic theatre for $9.75, thank you.

Which venue?

I want to see Birdman badly, but is there any reason to go pay $16 to see it at the Arclight in Hollywood if it's NOT playing on the dome screen?

It's supposed to be opening tomorrow, but it still says on Fandango that it's only playing at two theaters...I have no idea if/when it's going wider.

it will be going wide soon enough
16 bones is way too much
I remember having anxiety attacks about wanting to drive an hour and a half to see The Master in 70 mm. I waited and was fine seeing it on a decent screen locally.

I hope so. It's weird how hard it is to find an actual wide release date for the movie. Everywhere I look has it set for tomorrow, but if you actually look at the site for the film, it's definitely not wide.

I hope so. It's weird how hard it is to find an actual wide release date for the movie. Everywhere I look has it set for tomorrow, but if you actually look at the site for the film, it's definitely not wide.

It will expand the 2 weeks following its initial release. Plus, you're in the mecca. It'll play on a better screen.

Thanks! Partially why I thought it was weird that it's only in two theaters here, but I'll wait. I want to visit the Cinerama eventually, but this wouldn't be the film for it, since Gone Girl's the one in the dome, anyways.

Godard.

Give me a top 5 excluding Breathless, A Bande Apart and Alphaville.

S'il vous plait. Merci.

Pierrot le Fou and Contempt are winners. The former is my favorite of his and the latter is another masterwork.

I'm actively trying to get his latest to play in Austin.

Oh, to further bang the Contempt drum: it's got both Fritz Lang and JACK FUCKING PALANCE.

I will say this for Godard, the dude makes some of the most beautiful looking films in the world. He even managed to make cell phone footage look amazing.

Speaking of things people love in France, where do you all stand on Jerry Lewis?

The Errand Boy is one of the funniest most joyous films ever made and probably my favorite JL directed film.
But ultimately Tashlin's Cinderfella is maybe my favorite thing he's done, himself or otherwise.

Then generally:

The Nutty Professor
The Stooge
The Patsy
The Bellboy
Artists and Models
Rockabye Baby
Cracking Up
The Big Mouth
Who's Minding the Store?
The Disorderly Orderly
Three on a Couch
Hollywood or Bust
Which Way to the Front
Hardly Working
The Family Jewels

A few more Dean Martin and Lewis films that I'm not fond of, but really The Stooge and Artists and Models are both master class.

My wife is a huge Jerry Lewis fan. We went to see a touring production of Damn Yankees a number of years ago (before we were married)in Boston because Jerry was plaing the role of The Devil in it.

Cinderfella is I believe her favorite all time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom