Random Movie Talk, Louis the XIVth Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the characters to change from male to female, why pick the one that's actually based on another "real" character?

Additionally: It doesn't solve much to take a male character and change them to female, rather than just creating new female characters and giving them strong introductions. All this does, IMO, is turn more people off of "Those damn feminists" trying to change everything to be a women's world, or whatever BS teenage boys on the internet want to spew.

And just read the comments: They have multiple source materials to use as a new/reintroduced female character for this series. This is just a stupid PR stunt.

For what it's worth Thor is not actually becoming a woman, the male Thor will be found to be unworthy of Mjolnir, while whoever this woman is gets the hammer. Thor himself will still exist as a character, just not as one of the Avengers.

That trailer does look very good. Please don't suck. The trilogy is one of my fondest film childhood memories.

This is true.

And forgive me calling it a reboot, last night. I wrote that right before going to bed, but I know better and realize it's a sequel.

Ugh, thank God it's almost over.

article-2387191-1B34B327000005DC-401_634x419.jpg

hobbit1.jpg

Don't forget the appendices are a part of it as well.

I like the trilogy so far though I don't look at it as in the same league as Lord of the Rings partly because Lord of the Rings is more interesting than The Hobbit even in the books. Though I can tell for a lot of people this trilogy is this generation's Star Wars Prequel trilogy.

I really hope they nail Thorin's greedy nature and repentance at the end.

I guess the new Spoon album is streaming on iTunes Radio. I think I'll be checking it out on my drive home tonight.

The worst part of all this is that there's a dedicated Spoon thread.

NONE OF THIS WAS NECESSARY!

I just checked. He's in the bathroom. Definitely a positive sign.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Don't forget the appendices are a part of it as well.

I like the trilogy so far though I don't look at it as in the same league as Lord of the Rings partly because Lord of the Rings is more interesting than The Hobbit even in the books. Though I can tell for a lot of people this trilogy is this generation's Star Wars Prequel trilogy.

I see where you're coming from, but would like to state that STAR WARS is/was a way way way bigger cultural entity than LOTR. So it's a lot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom