Random Movie Talk, Louis the XIVth Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new X-Men trailer. I mean, the thing looks insanely busy, but also awesome. It's hard for me not to excited when the cast features so many actors that I just really love.

Just saw that trailer on the IMDb front page. More excited than ever, but with some trepidations...mostly Tatum's facial hair.

I don't feel like searching the site and I'm on my phone, what was your take on Cloud Atlas? I've seen it 3 times and have been enjoying it more with each viewing.

I like Cloud Atlas. Parts of it should have worked better than they do in film, but generally it's a fast near-3-hours and the restructuring away from the novel's form was a smart move.

Saw Grand Budapest Hotel last night. Anderson has been kind of hit and miss for me, but I absolutely adored this film. Everything clicked together perfectly, it was beautiful, hilarious, dreamlike and so forth and I'll probably be gushing about it for yonks.

I had three problems with it - adult Zero looked nothing like young Zero, the use of female characters was pissweak, and I don't think anyone pronounced "Budapest" in the Magyer way once. None of this really mattered during the viewing though, as it was so damn entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom