R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm only 15 and always listened to his music but never fully enjoyed it until now.

I have 2 questions and maybe someone could answer this.

I listened to the 911 phone call and what I don't understand is that if Michael has been taken pain killers a lot through out the so many years, shouldn't his doctor and himself know the limit of Michael? Because it seemed like there was 100% no chance of reviving Michael in the first place, which probably means he took an extreme amount to take him out like that.

My other question is why did the doctor keep Michael on the bed and did not perform CPR when they called the police? and if he was performing CPR, why did he do it on the bed? This seems absolutely ignorant to me especially because I'm 15 years old even I know that you are suppose to perform CPR on the floor. It just seemed like the doctor let him die like that.

I listened to the 911 phone call and what I don't understand is that if Michael has been taken pain killers a lot through out the so many years, shouldn't his doctor and himself know the limit of Michael?

This is why everyone's looking for him, and why he's up and disappeared. He knows he's in deep poo.

It reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith. Nothing like having your "doctors" and handlers around to keep you doped up and not, you know, try and actually help your addiction.

(and yes, I realize I don't have all the facts, and that I don't know that the doctor DIDN'T try to help him throughout the years. It's hard not to assume the worst with something like this, though, if all the stories about his years of painkiller addiction is true.)

R.I.P. Michael. You were one of the most talented people this world ever knew. There will never be anyone that even comes close to the greatness you achieved in your life. I hope that you can see now that through out all the scrutiny, cruel rumors, and jokes, there were always more people who loved and supported you and who received joy from your incredibly music. You'll be missed, King of Pop.

i'm afraid that it's impossible to have a respectful RIP thread for Michael Jackson because of a couple ignorant people here.

i'm not saying that MJ was innocent, but i'm saying that it's immature to be making those comments.

This is why everyone's looking for him, and why he's up and disappeared. He knows he's in deep poo.

It reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith. Nothing like having your "doctors" and handlers around to keep you doped up and not, you know, try and actually help your addiction.

(and yes, I realize I don't have all the facts, and that I don't know that the doctor DIDN'T try to help him throughout the years. It's hard not to assume the worst with something like this, though, if all the stories about his years of painkiller addiction is true.)

From TMZ:

We went back to our files and found a 2007 lawsuit against Jackson for allegedly not paying a pharmacy bill -- grand total: $101,926.66

Some of the comments here disgust me. Fans around the world are mourning an icon. MJ was a part of my life before U2 was and still is. Those who are saying rude and tasteless stuff can go to hell.

Rest In Peace Mike. You can go and moonwalk all over these assholes.

Any more rude and/or disrespectful posts in this thread WILL be deleted and the users will be warned or suspended. Take it somewhere else. The mods have had enough.

I Want You Back is still one of the greatest singles of all time.

RIP Captain EO!

^ Thank god (@ Sicy)

Driving around today was so surreal. People calling into the radio, relating their stories. Such a recurring theme, just how much his music meant to so much people.

I'm still in shock to be honest. I didn't think I could feel this sad over a celebrity. Then again I never imagined that we'd be discussing this.

Lisa Marie released a new statement today on her MySpace page. Sad and chilling.

MySpace.com Blogs - Lisa Marie Presley MySpace Blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

He Knew.

Years ago Michael and I were having a deep conversation about life in general.

I can't recall the exact subject matter but he may have been questioning me about the circumstances of my Fathers Death.

At some point he paused, he stared at me very intensely and he stated with an almost calm certainty, "I am afraid that I am going to end up like him, the way he did."

I promptly tried to deter him from the idea, at which point he just shrugged his shoulders and nodded almost matter of fact as if to let me know, he knew what he knew and that was kind of that.

14 years later I am sitting here watching on the news an ambulance leaves the driveway of his home, the big gates, the crowds outside the gates, the coverage, the crowds outside the hospital, the Cause of death and what may have led up to it and the memory of this conversation hit me, as did the unstoppable tears.

A predicted ending by him, by loved ones and by me, but what I didn't predict was how much it was going to hurt when it finally happened.

The person I failed to help is being transferred right now to the LA County Coroners office for his Autopsy.

All of my indifference and detachment that I worked so hard to achieve over the years has just gone into the bowels of hell and right now I am gutted.

I am going to say now what I have never said before because I want the truth out there for once.

Our relationship was not "a sham" as is being reported in the press. It was an unusual relationship yes, where two unusual people who did not live or know a "Normal life" found a connection, perhaps with some suspect timing on his part. Nonetheless, I do believe he loved me as much as he could love anyone and I loved him very much.

I wanted to "save him" I wanted to save him from the inevitable which is what has just happened.

His family and his loved ones also wanted to save him from this as well but didn't know how and this was 14 years ago. We all worried that this would be the outcome then.

At that time, In trying to save him, I almost lost myself.

He was an incredibly dynamic force and power that was not to be underestimated.

When he used it for something good, It was the best and when he used it for something bad, It was really, REALLY bad.

Mediocrity was not a concept that would even for a second enter Michael Jackson's being or actions.

I became very ill and emotionally/ spiritually exhausted in my quest to save him from certain self-destructive behavior and from the awful vampires and leeches he would always manage to magnetize around him.

I was in over my head while trying.

I had my children to care for, I had to make a decision.

The hardest decision I have ever had to make, which was to walk away and let his fate have him, even though I desperately loved him and tried to stop or reverse it somehow.

After the Divorce, I spent a few years obsessing about him and what I could have done different, in regret.

Then I spent some angry years at the whole situation.

At some point, I truly became Indifferent, until now.

As I sit here overwhelmed with sadness, reflection and confusion at what was my biggest failure to date, watching on the news almost play by play The exact Scenario I saw happen on August 16th, 1977 happening again right now with Michael (A sight I never wanted to see again) just as he predicted, I am truly, truly gutted.

Any ill experience or words I have felt towards him in the past has just died inside of me along with him.

He was an amazing person and I am lucky to have gotten as close to him as I did and to have had the many experiences and years that we had together.

I desperately hope that he can be relieved from his pain, pressure and turmoil now.

He deserves to be free from all of that and I hope he is in a better place or will be.

I also hope that anyone else who feels they have failed to help him can be set free because he hopefully finally is.

The World is in shock but somehow he knew exactly how his fate would be played out some day more than anyone else knew, and he was right.

I really needed to say this right now, thanks for listening.

~LMP

Isn't it though? That riff, the intro...talk about a song that could just bring an instant smile to your face on the first bar...like My Girl, this is a song for the ages. Timeless.

It really is. One of the best bass lines, one of the best examples of the Motown sound, and amazing vocals all around. Probably in my top 5 songs of the 1960s.

:heart: It takes three little letters for this type of shield. Should have been done yesterday.

Best Buy at 1 pm today:
62673729.jpg
Nothing left. Pretty crazy. The radio stations played him off an on sporadically. I put him on my Sirius seek list and a spanish station actually played a song he recorded in Spanish! His only one!

YouTube - Todo Mi Amor Eres Tu (rare spanish audio of MJ hit)

Pretty spot on pronunciation for most of the words. :up:

Wow, that was so chilling. I remember, vividly, when Elvis was found dead and now she was married to a man that almost followed the same path as her father, just a different era.
That is gutting. I really feel for her. :heart:
RIP - Elvis & MJ.

That was a sad but beautiful tribute from Lisa Marie.:sad: It's so wonderful to hear words from the people that actually knew and loved Michael the person and not just the superstar or the freak or whatever people thought of him. And Tiger, every store I went to, (including my Best Buy) was sold out too. It's crazy.

Thank you for starting this thread. :hug:

I always liked the song "Human Nature" by Michael. I still do. And as I said in the other thread. I am of the age. Where as I remember the Jackson Five. Their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. Goodness, this takes me back to way back when. Then, Michael, sky rocketed to fame in the eighties. He wrote and performed some of the greatest pop music ever, in my humble opinion.

I hope his family can have some sort of peace. My prayers are with them, especially his children.

Thank you, Vintage Punk. It must be difficult for Lisa Marie. To loose her dad at such a young age, then her ex-husband and good friend.

So I was listening to "Walk On" earlier, and it struck me how much the lyrics could relate to Michael's life. Obviously, they didn't, at least when the guys wrote it, but it just shows how fluid music is.:heart: Hopefully, I don't get flamed for this, but I think it would be really beautiful if U2 dedicated it to him on the tour especially with opening night coming up in a couple days.

And love is not the easy thing
The only baggage you can bring...
And love is not the easy thing...
The only baggage you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind

And if the darkness is to keep us apart
And if the daylight feels like it's a long way off
And if your glass heart should crack
And for a second you turn back
Oh no, be strong

Walk on, walk on
What you got, they can't steal it