R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You gotta hand it to the Jackson brothers! They sure do know how to capitalize on their meal ticket's tragic death. They must have learned from the best: dear, old, Dad.:happy::|

Jacksons Headin' to Jamaica, Mon! | TMZ.com

You never heared of the saying "The Show must go on"? Not being funny, just saying! :reject:

When a family member dies, you do eventually HAVE to go back to work. That's all they are doing! :hmm:

i just watched him perform in bucarest in '92

there is not one man on earth that will ever compare to his fans and his talent :depressed:

he seemed so happy at what he was doing :sad:

He's a cardiologist. Panic is something I would do because I'd feel untrained. This guy should have known better.

In retrospect, he should have called the ambulance first before administering CPR. That is also taught to us, but I guess it's all a moot point now.

You only lay them on the floor if they are standing up or sitting position, if they are already lying flat your in general good to go with the old cpr, I mean in a hospital they don't take the patient off the bed to give cpr, you in general don't have time to wait around to shift them around.

You only lay them on the floor if they are standing up or sitting position, if they are already lying flat your in general good to go with the old cpr, I mean in a hospital they don't take the patient off the bed to give cpr, you in general don't have time to wait around to shift them around.

In hospitals they generally have defibrillators on standby so the CPR isn't quite as important as what Jackson had. CPR is just meant to get the blood pumping again so the brain doesn't starve from oxygen deprivation. The chance CPR will get the heart back into rhythm is minimal at most.

I'm surprised, with all the other medical equipment such as IV stands and whatnot, that he didn't have a portable defibrillator (AED) at his home. We were taught to use them as lifeguards and have them in my school. If he did, in fact, have a weak pulse when the doctor found him . . .Anyway, I found that to be strange from the get-go.

You gotta hand it to the Jackson brothers! They sure do know how to capitalize on their meal ticket's tragic death. They must have learned from the best: dear, old, Dad.:happy::|

I really don't get this negativity.

Would there have been a Michale Jackson without the Jackson 5?

Did he capitalize on the Jackson 5 to launch his solo career?

These Jackson's have lost a family member, reconnecting with fans will probabaly ease their pain.

Do you really think Michael would be upset if people wanted to see them and enjoy some Jackson music?

Holy crap are any of you watching the CNN Larry King Interview with Joe Jackson???? This guy (Joe) is such a peice of shit!! Doesn't even know where his son's body is, never went to see his son in his gasket and a whole bunch of other shit. this guys is really scum!

I really don't get this negativity.

Would there have been a Michale Jackson without the Jackson 5?

Did he capitalize on the Jackson 5 to launch his solo career?

These Jackson's have lost a family member, reconnecting with fans will probabaly ease their pain.

Do you really think Michael would be upset if people wanted to see them and enjoy some Jackson music?

It just reeks of desperation at this time. Come on, everything this family does is about money. Do you honestly think they're going back out there because of the music? They were called the Jackson 5, but without their number 1, they don't really have much. That's not to say they aren't talented guys, but without Michael they never would have succeeded in the way they did. Who wants to see the Jackson 5 without Michael?

Holy crap are any of you watching the CNN Larry King Interview with Joe Jackson???? This guy (Joe) is such a peice of shit!! Doesn't even know where his son's body is, never went to see his son in his gasket and a whole bunch of other shit. this guys is really scum!

I didn't watch it, but, I read about it this morning. As if he didn't come off like enough of an asshole already, he really took it to a new level last night. I don't think the man understands that Michael Jackson was his child, his own flesh and blood. He just seems to think of him as a client and entertainer. I guess that's what happens when your only way of relating to your son(s) from a young age is as employees. The boys weren't allowed to call him Dad either, only Joe. What a jerk.:down:

I was watching parts of the Bashir documentary on MSNBC the other night. There's a part in this link where he starts talking about how Joe used to beat him and his brothers, and it's incredibly heart-breaking. The worst part is Bashir, being a complete douche, pushing Michael to talk more about it, when the guy has his hands over his face and is practically in tears. It's clearly a subject that brings back happy memories for him, Martin.:| Also, I never noticed how patronizing Bashir is through-out the whole interview. Just because Michael acted like a child in many ways, doesn't mean Bashir needed to talk to him like he was 5 years old. He was an incredibly intelligent man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7RDCDLLIm8

The thing I didn't like about the Bashir interview was how he inserted himself into the story. Long shots of Bashir sitting on the beach being contemplative, voiceovers about how his "concern was growing."

The subject of Michael Jackson is interesting/controversial/disturbing enough with the reporter making himself one of the factors in the story.

It just reeks of desperation at this time. Come on, everything this family does is about money. Do you honestly think they're going back out there because of the music? They were called the Jackson 5, but without their number 1, they don't really have much. That's not to say they aren't talented guys, but without Michael they never would have succeeded in the way they did. Who wants to see the Jackson 5 without Michael?

It really doesn't matter to me why they're going out there. Even if it is for money - so? They have a proprietary interest in the music the same way that MJ did, and the fact that he was a lead does not preclude the remaining 4 from trying to make a living off this (regardless of the fact that some of them might be douchebags).

If nobody wants to see the Jackson 5 without Michael, well then the market will speak for itself and they won't be able to sell tickets and tour.

:shrug:

I guess I just don't really see what they're doing as outrageous...

The thing I didn't like about the Bashir interview was how he inserted himself into the story. Long shots of Bashir sitting on the beach being contemplative, voiceovers about how his "concern was growing."

The subject of Michael Jackson is interesting/controversial/disturbing enough with the reporter making himself one of the factors in the story.

This is dead on.

In hospitals they generally have defibrillators on standby so the CPR isn't quite as important as what Jackson had. CPR is just meant to get the blood pumping again so the brain doesn't starve from oxygen deprivation. The chance CPR will get the heart back into rhythm is minimal at most.

You don't wait around for the defib to appear, you hit the alarm you shout for help and you act. I do not see what the guy did as panic, I should probably say I am a student nurse and this is what I have been taught and witnessed on a hospital ward.

I know people who have been involved with the organization and promoting of Sumfest over the past 20 years and I can with almost 99.9% probability assure you that the Jacksons were likely booked, if not 4-6 months ago at least well before Michael passed. Let's not forget that they were going to do a reunion, and there have been Jacksons albums without heavy MJ involvement. Jermaine had a modestly successful solo run as well and is a hit in Jamaica. This would be a huge draw for Sumfest and they typically try to get one or more classic 'non-Jamaican' artistes for the event. So with that knowledge I don't put this down as anything improper or unethical on the Jacksons' part. All the more power to them, if they can summon the strength to perform it still :up:

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that MJ would have not been attending with them at Sumfest even if he were still alive, as his 02 dates around that week (18, 22, 24, 26 28 JULY 2009) would have definitely conflicted. So nothing out of the ordinary here. :shrug:

OMG, saw the Uri Geller prog last night and sorry but when........

oh sh*t, Ive forgotten what train station he had MJ at, platform was packed, he was on crutches and fell over....

but what made me laugh so hard was when Geller showed this to us on his TV, and said something along lines of:

'he fell over right here, and .................*something something*, and then it was like something out of The Matrix - he just catapulted back up again/just bounced back up straight, and, Ive never seen someone move so fast, he was SO fast to get onto the train, I couldnt keep up!'

(of course, if someone has proper wording, please post it!)

LMAO at how he expressed that! :lol:

I saw this on ONTD and thought it was hysterical.

mjlol.jpg

lmao @ Jermajesty. Terrible name.

Some of the stuff on ONTD just makes me love the internet. That is one of them.

There's another pic with Al Sharpton and Joe Jackson and it says something like:

"There was nothing strange about your daddy. There was, however, something seriously strange about your daddy's daddy."

Can somebody explain how to navigate ONTD? Every time I try to go on there, it's really overwhelming. I can never find a search function, and it seems that everything is completely mixed together. Do you have to be a member there to be able to search or something?

Back
Top Bottom