R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is an utterly beautiful service. I've teared up a lot, but it's a incredible celebration of his life. My heart breaks every time they show his kids. You can see they're trying to be strong, but to them Michael wasn't "Wacko Jacko" or a world famous, talented musical genius. He was Daddy.:sad::love:

Wow. What a powerful way to show a testament to Michael's legacy. What a beautiful performance of "We Are The World" with his whole family up there. It was so sweet to see his kids singing his song. :heart: And the images of all the people all over the world singing, holding hands, and singing along; people can say it's naive, shallow bullshit, but in the end that's what it all comes down to.:love:

ETA: OMG, Paris is speaking, that poor little girl.

I hope Peter King, and all the faceless idiots on the Internet who are still saying false, hurtful things about Michael Jackson see that little girl talking and realize that 3 children lost the person in their life who loved them unconditionally and they the same to him in return.

Sharton - Jermaine - Paris

most moving parts for me.

I was 10 year's old at my mother's service, I was too numb to cry.

I guess Janet didn't have the strength.

I could barely carry my sister's casket, yet alone speak at her service.

I was surprised to be crying right at the end - yeah, I teared up throughout, seeing Brooke and Jermaine crying during their parts, and at the montages, and with poor Paris, but when the pastor closed it out I totally lost it, since it reminded me that yeah, this is a funeral.

Oy.

Okay, media. Time to move on to the other news of the world, unless there's some actual new information about MJ to tell us.

I did SO well watching this all night! Got a bit wobbly watching Brooke Sheilds, Jermaine and Marlon..... Then Paris opened her mouth and that was it :sad::sad::sad::sad:

I was sitting here in the UK, speaking (Via IM) to a work colleague in Boston US, both tearing up.

They gave him a great send off :applaud:

I couldn't be online and watch this, honestly it got the better of me.

What a fitting respectful and poignant service and tribute. I can't commend the fans and people of LA more for showing such dignity and restraint and not allowing the media to turn it into a circus.

I'm always going to remember every single "Michael moment" of my life. Including, sadly, being on this forum when I heard the news. So also thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing their memories too.

Smile
tho' your heart is aching
smile
even tho' it's breaking
when there are clauds in the sky
you'll get by
if you
smile through your fear and sorrow
smile and maybe tomorrow
you'll see the sun come shining thru for you.
Light up your face with gladness
hide ev'ry trace of sadness
altho' a tear maybe ever so near
that's the time you must keep on trying
smile
what's the use of crying
you'll find that life is stillworth while
if you'll just smile.

I have to say I agree with Smokey - I just feel blessed to be part of a generation who grew up with the greatest entertainer who ever lived.

I bawled my eyes out. :sad:

Me too.

Brooke, Jermaine, Marlon, Paris,... When Mariah Carey came out and sang I'll Be There, I starting crying. Watching the sadness in Brooke's eyes, and her trying to stay composed (she was shaking). And watching Usher at the end of the song.... :sad:

Just a beautiful send-off. :sad: :hug:

Love that Corey Feldmen went old school. :heart:

alg_corey-feldman.jpg

Back
Top Bottom