R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He looks tired. :( Usually he's the most energetic guy on stage - looks like he's almost going through the motions there.

They did say, he was holding back in rehearsals trying to save his energy for the shows. According to the his choreographer, that wasn't uncommon for him even years ago. That being said, even if he was in better health and had he not unfortunately passed away and actually completed the shows, he would've been almost 51 years old. He wouldn't be moving like he did even 12 or 13 years ago.

I just got the new People & Entertainment Magazines with him on the cover. Can't find pics online yet...

My mom brought home People magazine. Here's the cover:
23syl1x.jpgp

There are four EW covers. I'm posting links to the photos because they are huge:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5381/michaeljacksonentertaino.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1042/michaeljacksonentertainq.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2935/michaeljacksonentertainobz.jpg
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/4779/michaeljacksonentertainv.jpg

I think the black and white photo (#3) is the best cover. It shows Michael the way I like to remember him as. Plus I think B&W photos are as classy as you can get when you are memorializing someone.

He looks tired. :( Usually he's the most energetic guy on stage - looks like he's almost going through the motions there.

I agree, but for his age and even more importantly his frailness I actually found myself suprised he could move like that... I don't know, I find the whole thing shrouded in some mystery. On one hand the drugs and frailty explain this, but on the other hand him being to be this active and signing on for a tour doesn't... unless it was just denial by him and everyone around him. In that case it's just sad that no one cared enough to say "you aren't ready for this..."

I don't think they will. The prices on both of the issues I got today was jacked up to $5 and $6 because they are "special edition." Lila would know if they are the same price cause she got one, so maybe she can clue us in.

I doubt it, though. Or someone will steal it before it reaches your mailbox. :lol:

:reject:

By the way, since I'm a dorkus, check out the past week's charts on last.fm: http://www.last.fm/charts

Insane

My sister and I went out to dinner with our parents tonight and my mom was telling us how we played out her cassette tape of Thriller that summer(s) after it came out. Good thing she had the album too. She said Michael was definitely our first crush. lol. She said she still has the MJ buttons we used to wear all the time. My mom is a saver. :hug: No wonder where I get it from.

My mom also told us the story, for the 100th time, about how she was standing with a young Michael Jackson, waiting for an elevator, in Las Vegas. :lol:

Another thing about the rehearsal vid, the tour company AEG is a huge business. They're probably saving the best footage for last, releasing it as something like a CD/DVD package. There's a lot of people saying "Oh look, Michael doesn't have what it takes anymore". First of all, he's 50 years old. Even if he was still alive and in excellent health, he wouldn't have been able to move like he did at 25 or even 35. No performer does that's been around for as long as he has with an energetic live show, U2, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc. none of them will have the stamina they did 20-25-30 years ago. Going back to the topic releasing this video first of Michael showing less of his signature MJ moves, (this also wasn't a song with a lot of dancing in it, even during the video. He's basically doing the same stomp/dance move that he did a lot in the vid.) leaves room to show his most energetic performances for later sort of as a way of saying, "Told you so". According to what some of Michael's friends are saying now, he felt that he could handle 10 shows for right now as was the original plan but didn't feel he was ready for 50 or a major tour yet.

ETA: It's pretty embarrassing (for them, not MJ) that 2 days of away from death, in a rehearsal (not even a full-on show), Michael still manages to out perform basically every "hot, of the moment" pop act today.

Great meeting Jive Turkey at Dundas Sq last night for the MJ tribute thing. :up: I did get some video on my phone but it seems a bit loud..

Good meeting you too, gvox. The show was pretty good. too bad about the rain though (though it couldve been much worse).

I think Michael looks pretty good in those rehearsal videos. With all the talk about his frailness and health, you'd think he was schlepping around stage in a walker or something. Doesnt look like an unhealthy man to me. I'd really like to see the rest of the video whenever its released

I am watching Larry King right now and he is with Jermaine at Neverland. That property is just gorgeous! I can see why Michael loved it so.

Ya, if they're able to do that, I think it would be nice.

and what is wrong with Larry King? He must be the worst interviewer ever

I agree about Larry. He has never been a favorite of mine, but he does get the *big* interviews. I kind of block him out and listen to the responses.

the rehearsal footage on you tube is not that impressive

but, watching it on CNN on t v is like night and day. - great stuff

hard to believe that he looked that good just before we went

Entertainment Weekly (or whatever it's called) is something we subscribe to, so Michael is on the cover this week, and I didn't have to go out & buy it. Same with People. I did see the Time magazine at Rite-Aid, and glanced through it, though I didn't buy it :reject:

They are expecting 1 million people in downtown LA on Tuesday?? wtf

There will be 11K free tickets available for the memorial, another 9K for special guests.
People are already lining up in tents.:|

Entertainment Weekly (or whatever it's called) is something we subscribe to, so Michael is on the cover this week, and I didn't have to go out & buy it.

Oh good! Mine usually comes on Fridays, so hopefully it's in my mailbox today.

I was actually wondering if we would hear from those kids. To be honest, I don't think Simmons said anything that outrageous. :shrug:

Although assuming the accusations were false, I suppose if they spoke up to say so, that would open up the possibility of their families being charged with the crimes of making false allegations, or however that would work.

Edit: I should note that I wanted to hear from the boys with the assumption/hope that the charges were false, whereas I get the impression that Gene wants to hear from the boys with the assumption that they were true. That being said, I stand by thinking that Gene's comments weren't that assholish. I think he's saying what a lot of people are thinking, whether they're on the "he did it" or "I don't think he did it" side of the fence.

Back
Top Bottom