R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Jamie Foxx is hosting that? He will do a nice job I imagine.
Ya, I may tune in for a while...

( Like you I wasn't a die hard MJ fan in the 80's either, but I did my share of groovin to his tunes~! And boy he could move. I celebrate his talent and appreciate it even though I wasn't as crazy for him as I was/am for U2) :D

I am far sadder about Michael Jackson's passing than I ever thought I'd be. I've even cried a couple of times. I think it is because I remember him as a talented little boy with a fabulous voice and charisma that lit up the skies. I watched him on Ed Sullivan with his brothers, I watched the Jackson 5 cartoons. I wrote about him when I was editing a teen magazine during the heyday of DuranDuran--a GREAT time in my life--and I listened to my Thriller album so many times.

I truly hope his soul is at peace now.

If anybody cares I just found out the BET Awards are tonight and they are doing a tribute Michael. I bet it will be moving. (Source: CNN, Don Lemon on Twitter from the red carpet right now in LA)

I think Jamie Foxx is hosting that? He will do a nice job I imagine.

I heard about this while driving today. The show is expected to run about 30 minutes over due to tributes. Also, apparently Justin Timberlake wanted to be a part of this and flew in just for it. I heard Usher's name thrown around too. Will have to check my local listing. (And yes, Jamie Foxx is hosting)

God help me, I would have loved to see Joe Jackson get punched in the face. That interview was so sickening. He was going on about the loss of the biggest star in the world and never expressed one word about being sad about losing his SON.

What a hateful man. Just sickening.

:censored:
Joe Jackson, you screwed up that child to the point of no return. YOUR child.

What a insensitive SOB

God help me, I would have loved to see Joe Jackson get punched in the face. That interview was so sickening. He was going on about the loss of the biggest star in the world and never expressed one word about being sad about losing his SON.

What a hateful man. Just sickening.

He stopped giving a shit the day MJ stopped making him money. Money is that man's only motivation.

He keeps popping up in the BET awards with people giving him respect.

Meanwhile, I keep waiting for someone to clock him in the face.

====
I just finished talking to my dad who was out of the country and he sounded so depressed. I didn't think he'd be that affected, but he was almost on the verge of tears. He said he was already sad, but when he got here and put on the local radio station that's been playing MJ all weekend, it just made him worse. :(
I wish I could have talked to him on Thursday.

FWIW, I had a friend die in February. His dad was a total asshole, but that man cried and cried, and I realized he was more human than I'd ever thought. I don't see one ounce of emotion in Joe Jackson. How sad.

Thanks I had done a search and found it.

Honestly...I thought last year's show was a new low...but this "tribute" show was a complete and utter disgrace. High points were Ne-Yo singing one of my favorite MJ jams and Beyonce with the Ava Maria/Sarah M hybrid - beautiful. Otherwise the way people just kept name dropping MJ and then laughing it up during the entire thing was tacky as hell and cringeworthily embarrassing.

I did enjoy seeing Guy BBD and the O Jay's tribute. I think the MJ tribute needs a show all of it's own.

Finally...and I can't for the life of me imagine what the HELL the CEO of BET is thinking...gee, the man merely holds the Guinness record for being the most charitable pop musician in history...do ya think ya mighta just renamed the fucking humantarian award in his name ie the Michael Jackson Humanitarian Award? Some people are obtuse beyond belief.

If you needed anymore convincing Joe Jackson is a total asshole:
YouTube - Michael Jackson's Father Interviewed On BET Awards Red Carpet

How are you doing?
"I'm great!"

And then he proceeds to pimp his new record label in the middle of answering a question about Michael's funeral.

:down:

Wowwwwwwwww. What an epic douchebag.:down:

I fucking hate Joe Jackson. He is the consummate snake, a complete fucking piece of shit.

I just finished talking to my dad who was out of the country and he sounded so depressed. I didn't think he'd be that affected, but he was almost on the verge of tears.

I don't know why or how this is affecting me similarly. I keep hearing more and more songs that take me back to a memory, a girl, a heartbreak, a dance, something...someone said it feels like a piece of them or their childhood has died...people can laugh all they want, but I'm feeling it too.

I visited my 91 year old grandma in the hospital today and I assumed she wouldn't even know (or care) about his death, but it was one of the first things she mentioned..."that poor Michael Jackson, how terrible for a man of his age to go so soon."

An interesting article about his last months (presuming it's truthful?)

'I'm better off dead. I'm done': How Michael Jackson predicted his death six months ago | Mail Online

One of my sources suggested that he might already have had a genetic condition I had never previously come across, called Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency – the lack of a protein that can help protect the lungs.

Although up to 100,000 Americans are severely affected by it, it is an under-recognised condition. Michael was receiving regular injections of Alpha-1 antitrypsin derived from human plasma. The treatment is said to be remarkably effective and can enable the sufferer to lead a normal life.

But the disease can cause respiratory problems and, in severe cases, emphysema. Could this be why Jackson had for years been wearing a surgical mask in public, to protect his lungs from the ravages of the disease? Or why, from time to time, he resorted to a wheelchair? When I returned to my source inside the Jackson camp for confirmation, he said: ‘Yeah, that’s what he’s got. He’s in bad shape. They’re worried that he might need a lung transplant but he may be too weak.

While I want to believe there's a reason for every "weird thing" he ever did, I can't shake my earlier understandings of why he was the way he was. I keep getting this feeling that they are trying to do him justice in death, but I have sort of already made up my mind about things surrounding his eccentric lifestyle, so I'm really very skeptical. I guess I can change in the future, but it would have to be very compelling evidence.

Either way, it doesn't stop me from appreciating his music or his endless love for his fans. I will always believe that the love he showed for people who loved him was the most sincere form of Michael, and for that mourn him. I don't think I've ever seen a more humble artist in the presence of his fans. :up:

I visited my 91 year old grandma in the hospital today and I assumed she wouldn't even know (or care) about his death, but it was one of the first things she mentioned..."that poor Michael Jackson, how terrible for a man of his age to go so soon."

Warm wishes and kind thoughts, for your grandma. She sounds like a lovely, woman. :applaud: :heart:

FWIW, I had a friend die in February. His dad was a total asshole, but that man cried and cried, and I realized he was more human than I'd ever thought. I don't see one ounce of emotion in Joe Jackson. How sad.
You know what is so sad (if you ask me). IS that only 3 days after MJ dies, his dad is out there walking around the BET awards smilling and acting like his son is still alive. Thats really in poor taste. Three days after your son dies, I would think you'de still be too devastated to even get out of your home! But what do I know?

Wow, I saw that CNN Don Lemon interview live as it happened and could not believe it either. Then again, that explains everything so clearly doesn't it? He is one messed up puppy, wonder who abused him when he was young.

As far as the tribute goes..... I was disappointed. It lacked the dept and feeling it deserved imo. It came off almost like a parady especially Jamie Fox's imitation of MJ. Jamie is funny, but that was just strange imo because it came off as a comedy bit rather than a tribute. Beyonce's song/montage was beautiful but what was with her wedding dress thing/outfit? I didn't get it.

Back
Top Bottom