R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 can only wish to be as popular as Micheal Jackson, dispite all your flaws Mr Jackson youre music will live on forever and you did a lot of great things for humanity. I think you are definatly the greatest true pop star ever.

I'm really sad that his life has ended this way. I wish there was someone that could have helped him. :slant:

I heard that his father or someone in his family was trying to get him into rehab because he was just taking too many prescription drugs. He had a huge debt that he owed that was just for prescription drugs.
He had some very rough patches all throughout his life. :(

Its nice to see some of the younger crowd discovering the music of MJ...hed be happy that his music is living on and the world is celebrating it and listening to its greatness.

I hope they do put the comeback shows on still maybe Janet could take the lead and have some guests and stuff...it would be cool to hear.

The entire Jackson family has been worried about MJ's health for some time. I Still can't believe he's gone, it's just so shocking. Janet's really grieving. I know someone who was on the plane that flew her back to California to be with the family. Really sad. I am confident the family will do something in Michael's memory for his fans all around the world to participate in, contribute to or enjoy.

Oh man, I went down to South Beach tonight in search of MJ tributes. A couple of restaurants/bars/clubs were blasting his music. Quite a few cars were playing it too. We ended up an English pub (not Playwright's, gvox) where they had a cover band. My friends kept daring me to ask them to play Smooth Criminal but I didn't have the nerve. They didn't seem the type. When they took their break, the jukebox was back in session and I put on Billie Jean.
The entire mood of the pub immediately lightened. People were dancing to it, some girl next to me attempted to moonwalk and I totally showed her up. Lots of people were singing along, even one of the bussers came by and was making a big fuss. It was a great moment. :up:
Later as we were walking back to my friend's apartment, some guy was blasting Black or White and I did another moonwalk for them :drunk: but nearly tripped.

I hope this moonwalk thing happens tomorrow. It's really great to see people appreciate his music and show just what an impact he made to music.

Oh man, I went down to South Beach tonight in search of MJ tributes. A couple of restaurants/bars/clubs were blasting his music. Quite a few cars were playing it too. We ended up an English pub (not Playwright's, gvox) where they had a cover band. My friends kept daring me to ask them to play Smooth Criminal but I didn't have the nerve. They didn't seem the type. When they took their break, the jukebox was back in session and I put on Billie Jean.
The entire mood of the pub immediately lightened. People were dancing to it, some girl next to me attempted to moonwalk and I totally showed her up. Lots of people were singing along, even one of the bussers came by and was making a big fuss. It was a great moment. :up:
Later as we were walking back to my friend's apartment, some guy was blasting Black or White and I did another moonwalk for them :drunk: but nearly tripped.

I hope this moonwalk thing happens tomorrow. It's really great to see people appreciate his music and show just what an impact he made to music.

That's awesome. I can imagine South Beach and MJ's music blaring. :up:

I went to the drive-in with my daughter and during each intermission it was like a competition to see who could blare their tunes louder. Several people dancing and generally celebrating. My daughter likes to sing alot but I don't think I've ever heard her sing as much MJ as in the last two days. I know this is going to sound weird but she senses how upset I was/am and she knows how I can't help but smile when she sings and dances and she's giving her dad some of her feel good vibes :)

U2 can only wish to be as popular as Micheal Jackson,

To be honest, that kind of popularity is something no one should wish for.

For MJ, it become a cursing.

I'd rather U2 or any other artist remained less popular but instead continued to be able to have a normal life.

The way MJ had to live so many years really shouldn't be wished upon anyone.

:sad:

I have also seen talk that the Jacksons are thinking of a homage tour to Micheal sometime in the future. That would be amazing and I would deffinately go to that! :up:

One thing I hope doesn't happen in all of this, is that the mother doesn't take these kids away. In my opinion, you can't sell your kids, then come back for them when the father is dead, as in the case of Debbie Rowe. She won't be interested in the kids, she will be interested in the money that comes with it :angry:

One thing I hope doesn't happen in all of this, is that the mother doesn't take these kids away. In my opinion, you can't sell your kids, then come back for them when the father is dead, as in the case of Debbie Rowe. She won't be interested in the kids, she will be interested in the money that comes with it :angry:

I agree, she gave them up, basically for money, and never had anything to do with them. Now it would be wrong for her to come back and take them away from all they know and love so she can get her hands on more money. I sure hope the Jackson family gets to keep them. But it also worries me that Mother Katherine, while she's a healthy 79 right now, will probably pass away before they're all grown up and then they'll have to suffer another tragedy and be sent somewhere else again. Maybe Janet can help, she doesn't have her own kids.

I agree, she gave them up, basically for money, and never had anything to do with them. Now it would be wrong for her to come back and take them away from all they know and love so she can get her hands on more money. I sure hope the Jackson family gets to keep them. But it also worries me that Mother Katherine, while she's a healthy 79 right now, will probably pass away before they're all grown up and then they'll have to suffer another tragedy and be sent somewhere else again. Maybe Janet can help, she doesn't have her own kids.

I highly doubt she will be getting any money since he was in lots of debt when he died.

Michael Jackson: secret library of 100 songs could be released - Times Online

I highly doubt she will be getting any money since he was in lots of debt when he died.

He was way past being in debt, but his wealth will rocket now and those kids will be the heirs to a multi million pound legacy mark my words!.

Look at Elvis, he died almost skint! He became more rich dead than alive and the same will happen with Jacko. He is on course to be number 1 in the charts here in the UK this week, his music is flying off the shelves people are baying for anything Jackson related. Don't forget he layed down new tracks before he died, at least 5 towards the start of a new album. New material will be priceless and start the mania with Jacko all over again

I would say within 6 months, most debts will be cleared and the money will start ramping up into profit. Then we will see the vultures circle! Or should I say circle AGAIN! It was because of Jacko's blind indifference to the value of money and the fact he trusted pond life that his money got the way it did.

Debbie is already saying (Apparently) if she doesn't get custody she will do a tell all book. Nice little bit of blackmail there! All that trash cares about is the money. Maybe she should hook up with Paul Burrell (Pricess Di's butler) they both seem to have the same lack of morals :huh:

When I was growing up, my mom loved Michael Jackson. It seems like I've always known the words to his songs. One of my clearest memories from childhood is my mom talking about what a cute little boy Michael had been and how mean his father was. She felt sorry for him. It's crazy how that memory has stuck with me. Lisa Marie's blog made my heart break for him all over again.

Michael Jackson's music was part of the soundtrack of my childhood. Like many others in this thread, I feel that loss. As my college friends get married, Man in the Mirror is played at each and every one of their receptions. It's just one of our songs. The dance floor clears out and there we are, all 13 of us, singing Man in the Mirror at the top of our lungs. haha. One of us is getting married next month and the email went out on Thursday night, "How will we get through this song without crying??" I don't know if I'll cry but next time it's played, I don't think everyone will leave the dance floor. :)

U2 can only wish to be as popular as Micheal Jackson, dispite all your flaws Mr Jackson youre music will live on forever and you did a lot of great things for humanity. I think you are definatly the greatest true pop star ever.

That kind of popularity killed Michael.

The medicines were the last to kill him, but I believe the heartbreak and what psychologically happend to him was the major reason why he died.

He's been dead since the previous court cases with people blaming and calling him things that weren't true. THAT killed him inside. All it took were a few more medicines to end his life.

I was waffling as to whether or not to post this here or the other thread...and let me just state for the record that, save some really rare live stuff that I didn't even know existed, I own all this stuff on either vinyl, cassette, CD, or all of the above lol..

..but if you want to compile it all electronically for your personal listening party... go on your torrenting site of choice, some kind souls have put together "complete" packages of MJs entire life, both audio and video, live performances etc in very good quality. search on michael jackson complete..the audio is 5GB+ and the video 4GB+, or vice versa..

As I was saying earlier. MJ has now begun the onslaught on the British Charts

Michael Jackson has topped the UK album chart and made six new entries in the singles top 40, six years after his last number one.

Greatest hits album Number Ones rocketed from 121 to the top spot after a surge in sales since the superstar's death on Thursday.

The same album earned Jackson his last number one when first released in 2003.

Four of his other hit albums also made a reappearance in the top 20, the Official Charts Company said.

Thriller, still the biggest-selling album of all time, raced from 179 to number seven, King of Pop reached 14, Off The Wall got to 17 and The Essential Michael Jackson came in at number 20.

A total of 11 Michael Jackson or Jackson Five albums featured in the top 200.

In the singles chart, 43 out of the top 200 singles feature the singer, with Jackson hits accounting for all but one of the new entries in the top 40.

Overall, Michael Jackson accounted for over 300,000 record sales across singles and albums in just two days this week.

From here BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Michael Jackson tops album chart

I know from the news earlier that HMV in London does not have a single MJ record left in the shop, all sold out :ohmy:

He was way past being in debt, but his wealth will rocket now and those kids will be the heirs to a multi million pound legacy mark my words!.

I would say within 6 months, most debts will be cleared and the money will start ramping up into profit. Then we will see the vultures circle! Or should I say circle AGAIN! It was because of Jacko's blind indifference to the value of money and the fact he trusted pond life that his money got the way it did.

Sorry, but I don't see any of Michael's debts being cleared within 6 years let alone 6 months. It might take 6 months though to figure out how deep Michael was in debt.

Sorry, but I don't see any of Michael's debts being cleared within 6 years let alone 6 months. It might take 6 months though to figure out how deep Michael was in debt.

The way his music is shifting off the shelves at the moment, there will be far more coming in than there will be going out that's for sure! :wink:

Besides, he MAY be in debt, BUT there are assets that are watertight that cannot be touched by the administrators of his estate, watch it pan out!!

Wow....that anthology I posted about earlier also includes all of the Jackson 5, The Jacksons, and Michael's work - from 1968 onward. Also some interviews, live concerts and early demos. After eliminating duplicates, I've got a playlist of 378 songs. Put it on shuffle....man I had forgotten about some of these oldies, really great stuff.

You know, it's funny...while I grew up in the 80s right in the middle of MJ's peak I was never really an MJ guy. I listened to mostly alternative/college radio type stuff, occasional non-hair metal...but I avoided pop like the plague. But the other day when MTV and BET were showing Michael's videos all day long my wife was watching, and damned if I didn't know nearly every word. King of Pop is right...regardless of how he ended up that guy gave us some incredibly catchy pop music.

It reminds me a little of when Dale Earnhardt died. Not that MJ and Dale have a lot in common...but I remember hearing a quote from another driver when he'd heard, saying "that's Superman, Superman's not supposed to die". And that's how it is with Michael...he's Captain EO, the Moonwalker...he can't die. I mean, obviously everybody dies, but despite the way things seemed to spiral downward for him he was still Michael Jackson, larger than life. I'm not even a fan and I'm still a bit shocked by it, I can't imagine how his diehard fans must be feeling.

Wow....that anthology I posted about earlier also includes all of the Jackson 5, The Jacksons, and Michael's work - from 1968 onward. Also some interviews, live concerts and early demos. After eliminating duplicates, I've got a playlist of 378 songs. Put it on shuffle....man I had forgotten about some of these oldies, really great stuff.

Yes the torrent sites are full of Michael. I know there are some nice proshot concert DVD's out there but as I understand it the MJ community is not very torrent-friendly; hopefully some of these shows will get out into circulation now.

If anybody cares I just found out the BET Awards are tonight and they are doing a tribute Michael. I bet it will be moving. (Source: CNN, Don Lemon on Twitter from the red carpet right now in LA)

I think Jamie Foxx is hosting that? He will do a nice job I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom