Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2009, 12:38 AM   #121
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Girl1978 View Post
Does anyone else find this oddly compelling?

These are PRISON inmates that had a couple days to put this together. I find it odd, yet intriguing...

Old 06-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysgonnapay View Post
has anyone heard anything from Janet at this point? ie...where she is...or a statement from her? I am sure she is just devasted

Michael Jackson's Sisters Visit His Home - Janet Jackson, Latoya Jackson, Michael Jackson : People.com

Old 06-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

I'm really sad that his life has ended this way. I wish there was someone that could have helped him.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:34 AM   #124
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:07 PM
U2 can only wish to be as popular as Micheal Jackson, dispite all your flaws Mr Jackson youre music will live on forever and you did a lot of great things for humanity. I think you are definatly the greatest true pop star ever.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Location: At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about Tan Adam and fashion disasters.
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
I'm really sad that his life has ended this way. I wish there was someone that could have helped him.
I heard that his father or someone in his family was trying to get him into rehab because he was just taking too many prescription drugs. He had a huge debt that he owed that was just for prescription drugs.
He had some very rough patches all throughout his life.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:10 AM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Its nice to see some of the younger crowd discovering the music of MJ...hed be happy that his music is living on and the world is celebrating it and listening to its greatness.

I hope they do put the comeback shows on still maybe Janet could take the lead and have some guests and stuff...it would be cool to hear.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:23 AM   #127
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 05:07 AM
The entire Jackson family has been worried about MJ's health for some time. I Still can't believe he's gone, it's just so shocking. Janet's really grieving. I know someone who was on the plane that flew her back to California to be with the family. Really sad. I am confident the family will do something in Michael's memory for his fans all around the world to participate in, contribute to or enjoy.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:49 AM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh man, I went down to South Beach tonight in search of MJ tributes. A couple of restaurants/bars/clubs were blasting his music. Quite a few cars were playing it too. We ended up an English pub (not Playwright's, gvox) where they had a cover band. My friends kept daring me to ask them to play Smooth Criminal but I didn't have the nerve. They didn't seem the type. When they took their break, the jukebox was back in session and I put on Billie Jean.
The entire mood of the pub immediately lightened. People were dancing to it, some girl next to me attempted to moonwalk and I totally showed her up. Lots of people were singing along, even one of the bussers came by and was making a big fuss. It was a great moment.
Later as we were walking back to my friend's apartment, some guy was blasting Black or White and I did another moonwalk for them but nearly tripped.

I hope this moonwalk thing happens tomorrow. It's really great to see people appreciate his music and show just what an impact he made to music.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:01 AM   #129
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Oh man, I went down to South Beach tonight in search of MJ tributes. A couple of restaurants/bars/clubs were blasting his music. Quite a few cars were playing it too. We ended up an English pub (not Playwright's, gvox) where they had a cover band. My friends kept daring me to ask them to play Smooth Criminal but I didn't have the nerve. They didn't seem the type. When they took their break, the jukebox was back in session and I put on Billie Jean.
The entire mood of the pub immediately lightened. People were dancing to it, some girl next to me attempted to moonwalk and I totally showed her up. Lots of people were singing along, even one of the bussers came by and was making a big fuss. It was a great moment.
Later as we were walking back to my friend's apartment, some guy was blasting Black or White and I did another moonwalk for them but nearly tripped.

I hope this moonwalk thing happens tomorrow. It's really great to see people appreciate his music and show just what an impact he made to music.
That's awesome. I can imagine South Beach and MJ's music blaring.

I went to the drive-in with my daughter and during each intermission it was like a competition to see who could blare their tunes louder. Several people dancing and generally celebrating. My daughter likes to sing alot but I don't think I've ever heard her sing as much MJ as in the last two days. I know this is going to sound weird but she senses how upset I was/am and she knows how I can't help but smile when she sings and dances and she's giving her dad some of her feel good vibes

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:27 AM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahweh View Post
U2 can only wish to be as popular as Micheal Jackson,
To be honest, that kind of popularity is something no one should wish for.

For MJ, it become a cursing.

I'd rather U2 or any other artist remained less popular but instead continued to be able to have a normal life.

The way MJ had to live so many years really shouldn't be wished upon anyone.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 AM   #131
New Yorker

I have also seen talk that the Jacksons are thinking of a homage tour to Micheal sometime in the future. That would be amazing and I would deffinately go to that!

One thing I hope doesn't happen in all of this, is that the mother doesn't take these kids away. In my opinion, you can't sell your kids, then come back for them when the father is dead, as in the case of Debbie Rowe. She won't be interested in the kids, she will be interested in the money that comes with it
Old 06-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #132
War Child

Local Time: 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post

One thing I hope doesn't happen in all of this, is that the mother doesn't take these kids away. In my opinion, you can't sell your kids, then come back for them when the father is dead, as in the case of Debbie Rowe. She won't be interested in the kids, she will be interested in the money that comes with it
I agree, she gave them up, basically for money, and never had anything to do with them. Now it would be wrong for her to come back and take them away from all they know and love so she can get her hands on more money. I sure hope the Jackson family gets to keep them. But it also worries me that Mother Katherine, while she's a healthy 79 right now, will probably pass away before they're all grown up and then they'll have to suffer another tragedy and be sent somewhere else again. Maybe Janet can help, she doesn't have her own kids.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Twitter / BostonTweet: Michael Jackson vigil & Th ...

Very cool!

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...wt&twt=nytimes
Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRKeyintheUSA View Post
I agree, she gave them up, basically for money, and never had anything to do with them. Now it would be wrong for her to come back and take them away from all they know and love so she can get her hands on more money. I sure hope the Jackson family gets to keep them. But it also worries me that Mother Katherine, while she's a healthy 79 right now, will probably pass away before they're all grown up and then they'll have to suffer another tragedy and be sent somewhere else again. Maybe Janet can help, she doesn't have her own kids.
I highly doubt she will be getting any money since he was in lots of debt when he died.

Michael Jackson: secret library of 100 songs could be released - Times Online
Old 06-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #135
New Yorker

Quote:
I highly doubt she will be getting any money since he was in lots of debt when he died.
He was way past being in debt, but his wealth will rocket now and those kids will be the heirs to a multi million pound legacy mark my words!.

Look at Elvis, he died almost skint! He became more rich dead than alive and the same will happen with Jacko. He is on course to be number 1 in the charts here in the UK this week, his music is flying off the shelves people are baying for anything Jackson related. Don't forget he layed down new tracks before he died, at least 5 towards the start of a new album. New material will be priceless and start the mania with Jacko all over again

I would say within 6 months, most debts will be cleared and the money will start ramping up into profit. Then we will see the vultures circle! Or should I say circle AGAIN! It was because of Jacko's blind indifference to the value of money and the fact he trusted pond life that his money got the way it did.

Debbie is already saying (Apparently) if she doesn't get custody she will do a tell all book. Nice little bit of blackmail there! All that trash cares about is the money. Maybe she should hook up with Paul Burrell (Pricess Di's butler) they both seem to have the same lack of morals

Tags
michael jackson