R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All Sharpton and Joe Jackson are both douchbags! I could never stand Al Sharpton and can't stand Joe Jackson more then ever now. Both of these guys don't care about Michael! Al just wants to be the hero and Joe just wants to make more money and fame! Bloody Shame!!!

Just a thought, but in a house that huge that he was renting, wouldn't one think there are security cameras throughout??..possibly even in the bedroom so they would be able to see exactly what happened that day??

He had someone else do it. It was him, Al Sharpton and a 3rd guy and the 3rd guy stepped in to plug Joe's latest project to "take kids off the street and train them to make hits" or something close to that.

What a vile, cold hearted piece of crap. :down:

I was half kidding about the self-promotion. :| Unbelievable.

I can not fathom the extent of emotional/physical/psychological damage this man inflicted on his family.

wow,

eveyone is hating on old Joe Jackson, now

Joe Jackson like Michael Jackson is a mixed bag

No one wants any mention of MJ's flaws

so swing away on Joe

there is a lot to admire about Joe Jackson

Promoting anything when his son isn't even buried isn't one of them

I don't know the guy personally but I find that disgusting. So sue me.

I'm well aware of MJ's flaws as described in the media. I don't know what's fact and what's fiction. But I tend to believe that his father was abusive.

MJ has been accused of child abuse, too.

Joe had like 8 or 9 kids before he was 30.

he worked hard, all his life, did not go on food stamps or live in government housing.

where do you think MJ or Janet got that work ethic?
that eveyone keeps going on about?

Promoting anything when his son isn't even buried isn't one of them

I don't know the guy personally but I find that disgusting. So sue me.

I'm well aware of MJ's flaws as described in the media. I don't know what's fact and what's fiction. But I tend to believe that his father was abusive.

This. Michael (and many of his siblings) have said their father was abusive. Seeing interviews with Michael you can tell he was abused. He could barely look people in the eye, he was so shy and soft-spoken. He was like a scared rabbit, especially when his father was brought up. He was clearly terrified of the man. Nobody's saying Michael was perfect, but you'd have to be pretty stupid to believe even half of the things the media said about him, especially the worst things. I was watching an interview with some of his lawyers from the last trial on CNN last night, and they said there were times when he'd literally collapse from crying during the trial because he had such a gentle, childlike way of looking at the world, he couldn't understand why people would think he was capable of doing the things they accused him of. He was a victim, and he stayed that way all his life. His father is the biggest cause for that.

wow,

so swing away on Joe

Everyone is well aware of Michael's flaws. Just like everyone is well aware that Joe Jackson has been a fuckin' asshole forever. And Al Sharpton has been a fool forever too. These two should NOT be speaking for The Jackson family. They are a fuckin disgrace to life! I got 2 words for Al Sharpton: Tawana Brawley

he worked hard, all his life, did not go on food stamps or live in government housing.

That's fine and good for adults. But Michael had that work ethic forced on him when he was 10 years old. The message he got from Joe Jackson was that he was only worthwhile when he was working. If he wanted to play or be a kid, he couldn't because there was always money to make for good ol' Joe.

that everyone keeps going on about?

Yes I know about MJ being accused of abuse. Don't know if that's true or not. Abused kids sometimes follow that path themselves.

I don't give a damn about the work ethic. It doesn't matter in the slightest when your son has died and you go out promoting crap. Have some dignity and respect. It certainly fits in with a theme of using your kids for cash cows.

all the siblings got harsh treatment from the father

Michael's issues seem to be more with the rejection by the American public,
as he grew older and faded from his childhood successes.

wow,

so swing away on Joe

I don't think there is anyone in this thread who isn't willing to admit MJ was disturbed. I made up my mind long ago about Michael and his death hasn't changed my opinions.

Similarly, my opinion of Joe Jackson hasn't changed much over the years. I find little to admire in those who abuse their family.

There's a reason Joe banged out of all his kids in rapid order. So someday, he wouldn't have to work another day in his life. Looks like his plan worked thanks to Michael and Company. Especially Michael. Without him, the Jacksons wouldn't have gone anywhere. Michael has been the family's meal ticket since he was ten years old.

Michael and the rest of the family got their work ethic thanks to Joe beating the piss out of them.

Michael has been accused of child abuse. With Joe, it was proven.

Now, granted Deep, you could be messing with our heads with these wacky statements and just doing it to get a rise, which sometimes is fun. :wink: But, if you're not, you're scaring the shit out of me.

There's a reason Joe banged out of all his kids in rapid order. So someday, he wouldn't have work another day in his life. Looks like his plan worked thanks to Michael and Company. Especially Michael. Without him, the Jacksons wouldn't have gone anywhere. Michael has been the family's meal ticket since he was ten years old.

Michael and the rest of the family got their work ethic thanks to Joe beating the piss out of them.

Well said

Apparently Joe cheated on his wife and had a child with at least one woman too. Well as long as he still had his meal tickets, why not?

lot's of kids have strict parents, and belts and whippings were common in my generation, I am near M J's age.

let's get real, there are real parallels with M J and Elvis. He was lonely.
He would have to buy out a whole theater, so he could go alone and watch a movie by himself. Elvis died alone, in a big house, in poor heath.

who or what really killed Elvis, MJ, and Anna Nicole Smith?

lot's of kids have strict parents, and belts and whippings were common in my generation, I am near M J's age.

let's get real, there are real parallels with M J and Elvis. He was lonely.
He would have to buy out a whole theater, so he could go alone and watch a movie by himself. Elvis died alone, in a big house, in poor heath.

who or what really killed Elvis, MJ, and Anna Nicole Smith?

I agree with you there, but this other stuff that you're saying about Joe ain't "real" at all.

Michael, Elvis and Anna all had one big thing in common: They were all addicted to prescription drugs and no one was going to tell them they couldn't have them.

There's a reason Joe banged out of all his kids in rapid order. So someday, he wouldn't have to work another day in his life. Looks like his plan worked thanks to Michael and Company. Especially Michael. Without him, the Jacksons wouldn't have gone anywhere. Michael has been the family's meal ticket since he was ten years old.

well said ?

that is just plain old silly talk

he knew when he was 20 that he was capable of creating the biggest pop act in America?

how much thought did you put into that statement?

the guy worked in a steel mill to support his family, but knew he had the seeds in his pants for America's biggest pop group.

How did he know his seeds would not lead to NBA players?
or perhaps, Barack Obama?

or O J Simpson?

well said ?

he knew when he was 20 that he was capable of creating the biggest pop act in America?

how much thought did you put into that statement?

the guy worked in a steel mill to support his family, but knew he had the seeds in his pants for America's biggest pop group.

How did he know his seeds would not lead to NBA players?
or perhaps, Barack Obama?

or O J Simpson?

Pot meet Kettle :wave:

I agree with you there, but this other stuff that you're saying about Joe ain't "real" at all.

Michael, Elvis and Anna all had one big thing in common: They were all addicted to prescription drugs and no one was going to tell them they couldn't have them.

it ain't real?

we all seem to want to give M J allowances, and I am good with that

I did not like it when the first thread I started got hi-jacked by a little group that only wanted to put the spot light on M J flaws and keep it there. Everyone agreed that MJ has some issues, but looking at his life,
we can kind of understand why he turned out the way he did.
and he has so mant posative contributions to consider.

Joe Jackson was 20 when he started having kids, and had a bunch by 30.

These kids turned out pretty good. They are not like the performers today that are always in the news or going to jail.

At what point is one not responisible for their own demise? Elvis should have got help, Anns Nicole should have got help. I wish Michael had gotten help. I read Lisa Marie article. she tried to help but, Michael would not listen.

Now is not the time to hate on Joe Jackson

well said ?

It's well said that the guy had that "work ethic" instilled in his kids (and by abusive means, sometimes) because they were his ticket to riches. That's what I was referring to

As for "scolding" people for "hating" on someone..well the way the guy's behaving screams dirtbag to me. Once again, sue me. At least wait until your son is buried. But I am a hater.

Back
Top Bottom