Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Can someone confirm if that TIME mag came out today? ie you saw it?
No, not today ~ Monday

Old 06-27-2009, 07:08 PM   #107
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:56 PM
Still in shock. The UK Papers are wall to wall Jacko again today, and I suspect they will be for weeks to come.

I found it very sad on the other thread about some people just attacking him and focusing on the "alleged" kid sex stuff. We are not in possession of the facts? so who the hell are we to judge? Personally I think it is down to the kids parents, they blew everything out of proportion as they saw £$£$£$ from a story. I don't believe MJ was that way for one single moment. But that is only my opinion. My other opinion is that the US seemed to turn their backs on him at that time, whereas we still kept him close to our hearts.

Only his maker knows for a fact, and he is the one judging him now. So people need to focus on the talent he had, and not what sold millions of papers and made a kids family very rich thank you very much! MJ said he was innocent and I believe him. He lost almost everything because of that.

The boy man was an absolute genius. Unless you have ever seen him live, you really do not have much room to comment on his lack of talent!. I saw him, and was ambivalent to his talent before I walked into Wembley Stadium all those years ago. I came out blown away by his talent and his showmanship, and a bit in love with him actually, as he had the whole crowd eating out of his hands and hanging on every word! Genius. Bad side, was my mum was also there (God rest her soul) and she learned to Moonwalk watching him on stage, that became her party trick. I only got rid of her moonboots last year when she died.

I have seen every U2 show in London since 1982, and not one betters MJ, and that REALLY says something! As U2 are the best group on the planet IMHO. He just had that extra something, that I just could not put my finger on...... Charisma I think? And that Too really says something, when I could happily jump on stage, drag Bono off it and ...

So much so, there is not a place I have been, or people I have met since he died that the main topic of conversation hasn't been MJ. Also, all I am hearing on the radio or shops or cars driving past is MJ songs, such is the power and love of MJ over here.

There isn't a UK forum that I am a member of that there is not a topic about MJ. He was deffinately what we would call the "Marmite" effect, you either loved him or you hated him. He was the brightest star of my generation, and the night sky seems just that little bit darker now he has gone

Old 06-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #108
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
It's fucked up. I'm listening to all this music from the start on up, and I still can't believe it.

We had an MJ "video party" last night. It was fun.

I forgot to say earlier, thanks to Tiger Edge for posting the tribute pics, and the video. The video is awesome, especially the reaction of the two guys who got on the train halfway through.

Also to whoever mentioned how happy he looked in earlier days, I noted the same thing last night while watching Thriller. In the scenes where he and the girl are walking down the street, and he's dancing around her, sort of teasing her with the zombie stories part of the song, he's smiling and happy and looks so playful. I really enjoyed seeing that. My former in-laws used to have a The Making of Thriller documentary. I'd love to see that again.

Eta - oh yeah, just wanted to mention this, too, which I think someone alluded to earlier. While watching the Smooth Criminal video, my daughter said "holy shit, Justin Timberlake basically stole everything from Jackson and should be paying him royalties for the costumes, the moves, etc."
Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #109
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
. We are not in possession of the facts?
That's a funny thing, the facts. Because what everyone heard and is calling 'evidence' is what the police decided to tell the media who then went on their warpath. The facts are what were analyzed, dissected, and heard in court. The facts are what led to him being acquitted.

PS I agree with your post, btw

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #110
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:56 PM
I hope that issue of Time will be sent to subscribers as well. I got my usual weekly edition today in the mail. The latest Rolling Stone (The Brothers Jonai on the cover) is a double issue, so it might be a while before their tribute issue comes on, unless they're going to rush a special edition, which wouldn't surprise me.

I blasted my Essential Michael Jackson CD this morning while cleaning, and had a grand time singing and dancing. That is some fine, fine pop music (even if I did start skipping tracks once we got to Bad and the later albums).

One of the radio stations said they're going to have some sort of gathering tomorrow, some sort of mass Moonwalk or something. If it means a lot of people hanging out and dancing to MJ tunes, I might actually have to go to that. That sounds like something I'd like to do. When they showed a clip of the crowd in London yesterday singing and dancing to Thriller, I thought that was amazing. I love stuff like that.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #111
Refugee

Local Time: 11:56 AM
A beach in India

Old 06-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #112
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForIt View Post
A beach in India

Pretty amazing, but I am trying hard not to be a little freaked out by it
Old 06-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #113
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 06:56 PM
On one hand, MSNBC is showing that interview that he did with Martin Bashir, and it's obvious that he and his life had become very disconnected from reality. It's very disturbing.

On the other hand, CNN is showing music/videos from The Jackson 5 era, Off The Wall and Thriller and it's great.

I think that dichotomy is what is so hard to wrap my head around. I'm glad that we'll always have his work.

I love that video of people singing on the subway.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #114
War Child

Local Time: 10:56 PM
Lisa Marie Presley said they were 'two people who never had a real life who found a connection.' He slipped further from reality until he was gone.

I see the family is suspicious of the concert promoter and wants a second opinion autopsy.

I would be wary of anything on wikipedia- a horrible edit war has been going on and his article is protected, and at one point the site almost crashed due to people editing at once. I have never done his article, but I have done others, and I can tell you that all it takes to get something in the article is to find a source for it- a source that may not even be accurate, such a magazine quoting someone who is lying, or just rumors. Then somebody else comes in and says, no, it was this way and I have the source, and then someone deletes what they put, and on and on. It is not an accurate source of info and should not be taken as the truth for these reasons.

I do not believe he got his first operation due to breathing problems. Nope. David Coverdale had breathing problems and got surgery, it does not change the outer appearance of your nose, it's all internal. I also do not believe he had vitilgo, because it comes in splotches and does not cover your entire body. I think he bleached his skin intentionally. That and the fact he chose to have children by white women makes me wonder why some black people haven't turned on him for betraying his heritage. Vitilgo also takes the pigmentation from your eyes and hair, and and you can see this didn't happen to him.

I don't mean to rag on him, no matter what, he was a tragic story and I"m sorry he had to go the way he did. But now he's forever one of the famous 'dead rock stars' and will live forever.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:32 PM   #115
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
One of the radio stations said they're going to have some sort of gathering tomorrow, some sort of mass Moonwalk or something. If it means a lot of people hanging out and dancing to MJ tunes, I might actually have to go to that. That sounds like something I'd like to do. When they showed a clip of the crowd in London yesterday singing and dancing to Thriller, I thought that was amazing. I love stuff like that.
See how we can never guess what would tickle our fellow Interferencers? I would have never guessed that. No substantial reason why, just wouldn't have. I'm with you on this! I hope Toronto has one!

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 06-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #116
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
I also do not believe he had vitilgo, because it comes in splotches and does not cover your entire body. I think he bleached his skin intentionally. That and the fact he chose to have children by white women makes me wonder why some black people haven't turned on him for betraying his heritage. Vitilgo also takes the pigmentation from your eyes and hair, and and you can see this didn't happen to him.
Of course it comes in splotches, I have a family member with it. Unlike Michael, however, he doesn't have unlimited $ and a horde of doctors telling him he can even it out one way or the other. Also, rightly or wrongly, black people do bleach their skin, it's quite common - there's only hundreds of dancehall reggae songs that address the issue (not going to get into why they do it). Frankly, I also don't see what you mean by his hair or eyes, for all you know he could've been coloring his hair - wait - he definitely was - and wearing contacts. He was reclusive and shunned the public eye for years, you have no idea what went on when he wasn't veiled or heavily made up for the public eye, really.

Finally, I find your comment about choosing to have children with white women as being even remotely part of some "evidence" of him betraying his heritage revolting and offensive. Some black people did say he was betraying his heritage. They are idiots.

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 06-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #117
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
See how we can never guess what would tickle our fellow Interferencers? I would have never guessed that. No substantial reason why, just wouldn't have. I'm with you on this! I hope Toronto has one!
Oh, I'm all about shared experiences revolving around music. As long as it's music I like.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:41 PM   #118
Refugee

Local Time: 09:56 AM
at least now that hes able to be anywhere he wants, whenever he wants, he gets a chance to leave that body of his

his hideously disfigured body

the general consensus if hes probably chosen to go wherever he wants to go in the form of what he looked like when he was that 13 year old boy
Old 06-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #119
Blue Crack Addict

YouTube - Michael Jackson tribute

Old 06-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #120
New Yorker

has anyone heard anything from Janet at this point? ie...where she is...or a statement from her? I am sure she is just devasted

Tags
michael jackson