R.I.P. Michael Jackson - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:27 AM
When does the next Rolling Stone come out? My friend works at a bookstore, so I bet I can get him to snag me a fresh copy.

I thought about People magazine, too. That comes out today I think.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #92
Ghost of Love

Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shari schultz View Post
What a great, natural and respectful cover. This is the Michael I want to remember in this time.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:27 AM
RIP Michael Jackson. You were truly one of a kind.

It's definitely coming out that people were using him all these years. He really never had a chance with leeches and bloodsuckers around him. I'm so sad for the life he lead. I'm also sad for his kids and family because his lawyers and the people he hung around with are giving them a hard time.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:27 AM
Whatever people say about him.... most of us can see why he was the way he was. I wasn't an uber fan, but I did love him and appreciated his talent so much! Still do probably more now. My gawd, how he could move.

My take on his life; since he was alledgedly abused from the time he was a little boy, I believe all the negative crap that dogged him is a direct result of that without a doubt! He hated himself, it's like he wanted to erase who he was, and that's exactly what he did.
I am also feeling for those people around him who were truly his friends, that really did try to help him, but somehow failed. They must feel so incredible awful just like LMP said. And to those who didn't try to help him, well that's not for me to judge although I am so puzzled and don't know how people could stand by and watch (allegedly) as his inner circle inabled his addictions. It's just disgusting.

So sad. RIP Michael. What a talent you were. Dance with the angels, and shine down some joy on this sad sad world.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:10 PM   #95
Refugee

Local Time: 10:27 PM
People wanted to destroy him as they could not take it the most famous person ever was black (for the most part)
Old 06-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForIt View Post
People wanted to destroy him as they could not take it the most famous person ever was black (for the most part)
They wanted a piece of the pie and seen him as an easy target.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #97
Blue Crack Distributor

I watched CNN off and on yesterday, and caught Larry King Live (say what you will about his declining interviewing skills, but industry people seem to flock to his show to speak when something like this happens). Some of the guests were Miko Brando (Marlon's son), who was a close friend of Michael's, and was with him at his rehearsal the night before he died, Deepak Chopra (another close friend), Quincy Jones on the phone, Liza Minelli and Usher via satellite from Paris. And just after that, Sanjay Gupta and Drew Pinsky were speaking on Anderson Cooper's show, along with Barry Gordy.

Anyway, Miko said that MJ seemed healthy and strong and happy at the rehearsal, and that the rehearsals were coming along very well. Deepak (who had gotten to know MJ in a spiritual guidance capacity and then became close friends) spoke out and said that MJ had been abusing prescription painkillers for a long time, and had been enabled by various people in his life, including physicians. He also went on to say that MJ had approached him and asked him to write a prescription for a drug (Deepak is an MD), and that Deepak refused and tried to discuss his problem with him. He said that MJ refused to listen, and that after that, he was cut out of MJ's life for a while. Larry asked Miko if he was aware of any of this, and Miko said no, but just in the way that he said it, it seemed to me that he probably was, but didn't want to admit it - perhaps to protect his friend, perhaps out of guilt for not doing something about it. Deepak went on to talk about what a huge problem the abuse of prescription medication is, and that something has to be done about it.

Later when Drew Pinsky came on, he confirmed what Deepak said about prescription medication, and said that there seems to be many doctors who kind of attain fame by extension by joining the entourage of various celebrities, and that they're willing to write prescriptions for just about anything, in order to stay within the inner circle of the celebrity.

Anyway, the whole thing sounds fucked up and sad and terrible. Some of his close friends sound like they're in denial, but some are starting to speak out. Maybe something positive will come out of this.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #98
Ghost of Love

I've always said alot of doctors, psychiatrists in particular, are nothing more than legalized drug pushers. They can talk about abuse all they want, but someone had to write that first prescription for something that likely could have been explored further as a possible situation where a natural alternative might be better. I'm almost convinced the doctors around him have his blood on their hands

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 06-27-2009, 06:17 PM   #99
Ghost of Love

Can someone confirm if that TIME mag came out today? ie you saw it?

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 06-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #100
BAW
The Flower

Michael Jackson: the wounds, the broken heart - Los Angeles Times
Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I watched CNN off and on yesterday, and caught Larry King Live (say what you will about his declining interviewing skills, but industry people seem to flock to his show to speak when something like this happens). Some of the guests were Miko Brando (Marlon's son), who was a close friend of Michael's, and was with him at his rehearsal the night before he died, Deepak Chopra (another close friend), Quincy Jones on the phone, Liza Minelli and Usher via satellite from Paris. And just after that, Sanjay Gupta and Drew Pinsky were speaking on Anderson Cooper's show, along with Barry Gordy.

Anyway, Miko said that MJ seemed healthy and strong and happy at the rehearsal, and that the rehearsals were coming along very well. Deepak (who had gotten to know MJ in a spiritual guidance capacity and then became close friends) spoke out and said that MJ had been abusing prescription painkillers for a long time, and had been enabled by various people in his life, including physicians. He also went on to say that MJ had approached him and asked him to write a prescription for a drug (Deepak is an MD), and that Deepak refused and tried to discuss his problem with him. He said that MJ refused to listen, and that after that, he was cut out of MJ's life for a while. Larry asked Miko if he was aware of any of this, and Miko said no, but just in the way that he said it, it seemed to me that he probably was, but didn't want to admit it - perhaps to protect his friend, perhaps out of guilt for not doing something about it. Deepak went on to talk about what a huge problem the abuse of prescription medication is, and that something has to be done about it.

Later when Drew Pinsky came on, he confirmed what Deepak said about prescription medication, and said that there seems to be many doctors who kind of attain fame by extension by joining the entourage of various celebrities, and that they're willing to write prescriptions for just about anything, in order to stay within the inner circle of the celebrity.

Anyway, the whole thing sounds fucked up and sad and terrible. Some of his close friends sound like they're in denial, but some are starting to speak out. Maybe something positive will come out of this.
I was watching parts of LK and AC too. That was very enlightening what Dr. Chopra said and so sad that MJ was so addicted he pushed people away that were trying to help him.
What I don't get is why they didn't do an intervention. A real one. Not , "I'm a celebrity and I'm going to rehab for publicity" stunt. I know they showed a clip of MJ saying he was going in to rehab for addiction to prescription drugs....obviously it didn't work.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #102
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I've always said alot of doctors, psychiatrists in particular, are nothing more than legalized drug pushers. They can talk about abuse all they want, but someone had to write that first prescription for something that likely could have been explored further as a possible situation where a natural alternative might be better. I'm almost convinced the doctors around him have his blood on their hands
Well, in all fairness, I think that psychiatrists would rarely prescribe prescription painkillers, it would usually be GPs.

Anyway, your point was discussed as well. Deepak wanted to discuss natural ways of coping with pain with him, but MJ didn't want to hear about that. Pinsky said that there are two competing schools of thought in the medical profession when dealing with pain. One is to treat the patient with medications, the reasoning being that the meds are available, and it's not the right of the doctor to withhold meds that will ease their pain; the other is to find more natural methods of coping with the pain. Pinsky also brought up the point that it's difficult enough to treat a person for addiction that wants to be helped, never mind trying to fix someone who doesn't want help or who doesn't think they have a problem.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #103
Ghost of Love

I'm just saying the medical profession has a 'prescribe first' attitude and that's how patients get hooked. You're right, psychiatrists wouldn't be dealing in painkillers, but psychopharmaceutical administration is just about the only function of most psychiatrists nowadays. Anyways that's an aside. I'm really wondering just how much this doctor who was willing to administer drugs that perhaps other doctors had refused, even knew about the other drugs Michael had been taking and how they would all interact. Alot of speculation, but I just don't see him dropping dead of cardiac arrest so suddenly. From what I understand cardiac arrest is either caused by something or is part of an electrical problem that develops (or one is born with). Heart attack is the one that catches you suddenly...or do I have that wrong?

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Old 06-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #104
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I'm just saying the medical profession has a 'prescribe first' attitude and that's how patients get hooked. You're right, psychiatrists wouldn't be dealing in painkillers, but psychopharmaceutical administration is just about the only function of most psychiatrists nowadays. Anyways that's an aside. I'm really wondering just how much this doctor who was willing to administer drugs that perhaps other doctors had refused, even knew about the other drugs Michael had been taking and how they would all interact. Alot of speculation, but I just don't see him dropping dead of cardiac arrest so suddenly. From what I understand cardiac arrest is either caused by something or is part of an electrical problem that develops (or one is born with). Heart attack is the one that catches you suddenly...or do I have that wrong?
No, I think that's pretty accurate. From what I've heard over the past few days, cardiac arrest basically means that there's some electrical interference that causes the heart to stop, and that can be caused by myriad reasons. They said that sometimes the cause is never found.

Also in the Pinsky/Gupta discussion, they talked about "doctor shopping," where one gets medications prescribed by various doctors who have no knowledge of what the others have prescribed. They said it's extremely difficult to check for that. I guess there's been talk of setting up a national database for narcotic pain killer prescriptions, but nothing's ever come of that.

There was also speculation as to why he'd have a doctor living with him in the first place, when he seemed to be healthy of late. They also mentioned his medical exam for insurance purposes for the tour, that he supposedly got through with flying colours. One of them suggested that most insurance exams are cursory at best, and someone also speculated that the in house doctor could have been a condition of insurance. I'm sure a lot of it will become more clear in the coming days and weeks.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #105
Ghost of Love

It's fucked up. I'm listening to all this music from the start on up, and I still can't believe it.

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
I told you

Tags
michael jackson