Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #766
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post

I hate scanning things.
Well, what the hell. you just can't waltz in here and announce that GQ has the best pictures ever and not share!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #767
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:45 AM
YouTube - NEW PHOTOS MICHAEL JACKSON YOU NEVER SEEN BEFOR..GQ

Found on Youtube

Old 08-30-2009, 10:05 PM   #768
War Child

So did they not bury him on his birthday (yesterday) as was announced? Did they wait because Ted K. stole his thunder by being buried that day? The radio stations had daylong tributes yesterday but I never heard a thing about him being put away.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #769
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm pretty sure it was already decided about a week ago that they were going to wait a couple extra days for whatever reason
Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 PM   #770
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

probably to see if they can get more pre-orders for the burial dvd.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 AM   #771
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashedCarDriver View Post
you know what?

for all the talk that he was murdered etc etc

the bottom line is: youre not going to bring him back...
That's not really the point, now is it?
Old 09-14-2009, 05:53 AM   #772
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:45 AM
I thought it belonged here instead of in the VMA thread, but they showed the trailer for the movie of MJ's rehearsal footage. Incredible. Absolutely fucking incredible. The man was moving like he did 20 years ago, and he seemed so happy for the first time in a long time. He looked and sounded incredible. I know parts were lip synched, but he was clearly singing live quite a bit as well. That show would've been amazing. Damn, the VMAs for making me cry twice last night, first with Madonna's amazing speech and then seeing this and realizing what the world missed out on.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #773
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:45 AM
I should imagine those 2 weeks will sell out very quickly ww.

Just glad I saw him in the 80's, but still wishing I could see him next year too
Old 09-14-2009, 05:49 PM   #774
Refugee

That "This Is It" trailer footage looks amazing!!! I can't wait to see it.

I never had the chance to see him live in my lifetime because he never came to Seattle (i grew up near there) when he was in his solo career. I feel bummed out about it. The last time he was there was in 1979 with Jackson 5 when I was a baby
Old 09-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #775
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
I thought it belonged here instead of in the VMA thread, but they showed the trailer for the movie of MJ's rehearsal footage. Incredible. Absolutely fucking incredible. The man was moving like he did 20 years ago, and he seemed so happy for the first time in a long time. He looked and sounded incredible. I know parts were lip synched, but he was clearly singing live quite a bit as well. That show would've been amazing. Damn, the VMAs for making me cry twice last night, first with Madonna's amazing speech and then seeing this and realizing what the world missed out on.

YouTube - Michael Jackson's This Is It - Official MTV Video Music Awards HD Trailer [2009]
This looks awesome still blows me away that none of it came to be
Old 09-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #776
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseu2 View Post
That "This Is It" trailer footage looks amazing!!! I can't wait to see it.

I never had the chance to see him live in my lifetime because he never came to Seattle (i grew up near there) when he was in his solo career. I feel bummed out about it. The last time he was there was in 1979 with Jackson 5 when I was a baby
I'm sorry you never had the chance. I was lucky enough to once see him, and it cemented my respect for him and his immaculately flawless performing.

I've never known which MJ was the real one; whether it was the permanent man-child who just wanted life to be a fairytale for every child, as he never had in childhood, or the carefully crafted neurotic persona which proved over a career to be both a hindrance and a huge help. I don't think it entirely matters. I don't believe the allegations, for numerous reasons. I'm not even sure he was as broke as implied. Again, it's not really important, being broke I mean. Like his music or not, the man was a genius. I felt privileged to see it in action. I was witness to something amazing by an incredible performer. I'm thankful. I shouldn't be as shocked as I was. He always said he'd never live to old age. He just knew. I hope he's free now from whatever demons he lived with. He gave a lot of joy through music to many people.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #777
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
I'm sorry you never had the chance. I was lucky enough to once see him, and it cemented my respect for him and his immaculately flawless performing.

I've never known which MJ was the real one; whether it was the permanent man-child who just wanted life to be a fairytale for every child, as he never had in childhood, or the carefully crafted neurotic persona which proved over a career to be both a hindrance and a huge help. I don't think it entirely matters. I don't believe the allegations, for numerous reasons. I'm not even sure he was as broke as implied. Again, it's not really important, being broke I mean. Like his music or not, the man was a genius. I felt privileged to see it in action. I was witness to something amazing by an incredible performer. I'm thankful. I shouldn't be as shocked as I was. He always said he'd never live to old age. He just knew. I hope he's free now from whatever demons he lived with. He gave a lot of joy through music to many people.
Beautiful post. It's heartbreaking to me that I've never seen him live. He's always been one of my favorite artists. I remember the first time I ever saw anything of is. My mom and dad were playing music videos when I was about 5, and I fell in love with "Black or White". There was just something magical about him like Madonna said last night. He was a musical genius and he had one of the purest spirits I've ever seen. He wasn't perfect, but clearly all he wanted to do was help people and bring joy to the world with his music and resources, and he did that a thousand times over.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:06 PM   #778
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:45 PM
If it's any consolation to you guys who've never seen him live, there really is so glaringly little difference between a film clip and a live performance. He is so absolutely flawless, it is just like watching a video of him. I recall actually taking stock of the surreality of it at a few times during his concert, and thinking, "This is Michael Jackson and it's him right there, not an image... he's... human! He eats just like me, he sleeps, he cries, laughs, cracks the shits, daydreams, watches tv... " It was a very strange thing. It could almost have been me watching a screen with 90,000 others, if he didn't occasionally say, "Hello, Sydney!" and throw his hat to the crowd, etc. It was very un-real, you know? I almost wonder if anyone has ever gotten close to such an enigma. I don't see how you can.

I really run the risk of rambling on for hours, so I best stop. I'm glad there's so many others who appreciate all that he was, too.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #779
ONE
love, blood, life

Great posts Angela, and whoa if that trailer isn't stunning and transcendent. I didn't have an interest given the seeming cash grab, but there's such a relevance given his death and it does look to highlight the great things we should and hopefully will remember, I'll be there.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #780
War Child

Local Time: 08:45 AM
As soon as 'Man In The Mirror' started in that trailer I lost it a bit.

I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here () and say that it will get extended in cinemas. Remember - that Hannah Montana concert movie was meant to be on for one week and stayed around for two months...

On the other hand if they are saying only 2 weeks in cinemas the dvd must be coming out before christmas...

Tags
michael jackson