R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jermaine didn't break away from Motown due to his wife being the daughter of Barry Gordy, not because of Joe. In fact Joe resented the boys looking at Barry as more of a father figure than they did him.

NEW YORK – A reality show miniseries about the Jackson family will premiere Dec. 13 on A&E, the network says. Back-to-back hour episodes will air that night at 9 p.m. EST.

"The Jacksons: A Family Dynasty" focuses on brothers Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and Marlon as they prepare to reunite for a concert tour. It also chronicles their lives as they cope with Michael's drug-induced death in June.

There will be six episodes, the network said.

"This deeply intimate portrait will provide viewers with a raw and honest look inside a musical dynasty," said A&E and Bio Channel vice president Robert Sharenow.

It remained unclear whether Michael Jackson or his children, Paris, Prince Michael and Prince Michael II (known as Blanket), will be seen in the shows.

The cable network had originally announced "The Jacksons" as a documentary special in May, before the star's death. In August, "Entertainment Tonight" aired what A&E said was leaked footage from the special.

The 50-year-old King of Pop died June 25, weeks before he was scheduled to begin a string of comeback shows in London.

:crack:

I saw This is It over the weekend and...wow. It was going to be an amazing show. I was teary-eyed all the way through it. The dancers were unbelievably hot and amazing. I didn't think MJ seemed "emaciated" as everyone has described - he just seemed tall and lean like always to me - but it was hard to tell with the various shirts and jackets which were all loose-fitting. As far as how he "seemed"...who can say. I don't know what "normal" was for him but he certainly seemed to know what he wanted and what he was doing.

I was reading something online earlier saying that the musical director of the tour named Michael Bearden was on George Lopez's talk show last night (I had no idea one existed :lol: ), and he said that they hadn't yet rehearsed "Dirty Diana". But the plan was for the girl playing 'Diana' to follow Michael around for the song and then towards the end there would be a bed on stage. Bearden asked Michael what the bed was for, and he goes, "I'm going to in bed with her at the end." Bearden then asked what Michael was going to do about Orianthi (the lead guitarist) whose guitar solo came around the same time. Apparently, Michael responded "She can be in bed too. I can handle them both." And that is why Michael Jackson will always be a pimp.:lol: I'm so sad "Dirty Diana" hadn't been rehearsed before Michael passed. That's always been one of my favorites.

:giggle: yeah, that's a good song. though my best friend at the time was diana, and i'll always remember her because of that song. mostly because schoolmates would call her dirty diana. :grumpy:

but that sounds like it would've been an interesting performance. :hmm:

:giggle: yeah, that's a good song. though my best friend at the time was diana, and i'll always remember her because of that song. mostly because schoolmates would call her dirty diana. :grumpy:

but that sounds like it would've been an interesting performance. :hmm:

:lol: That's great. At least her name wasn't Billie Jean. And, yeah, that performance sounds like it would've been amazing. I guess the girl playing Diana was going to tie Michael to the bed post. And at the end of the song, a bunch of smoke would come and conceal everything and when it cleared Michael would be on a cherry picker above the crowd starting the next song.

Saw the film on Wednesday. Having seen him live before, I had tickets to see him again at the 02. Gut feeling, I knew damn well he would never live to when I saw him. Before he died, I told the people I was going to see him with that too!! :ohmy:

I also said there is NO WAY he would exceed the gig I saw in the 80's, but you know what? I think I may have been wrong on that! IF ONLY I was wrong about the first observation :sad:

I thought the film was quite good myself. Orianthi was such a brilliant guitarist for her age! :ohmy: I loved the New Vid he had done for Thriller :up: Not keen on the big Spider though :crack:

I didn't get all the emaciated hype either? He's always been on the skinny side :hmm:

Thanks for the input on the film. I'm thinking about seeing it. I still feel so sad about the loss of MJ though, I haven't felt really ready to see the film yet. I was going to buy it and watch it when I'm ready but maybe I'll just go see it.

This really has nothing to do with MJ

Sounds like a terminally ill man took his own life.

“There was no note found in the apartment but officers did find medication in keeping with a serious medical condition. A doctor based at Colanta Hematology in Bayonne, NJ, had called the concierge, asking him check on Mr. Chandler’s apartment as Mr. Chandler had missed an appointment.

Back
Top Bottom