R.I.P. Michael Jackson - Page 45 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #661
Refugee

Location: The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxaroedenfoe
Local Time: 04:42 PM
I remember the Bashir interview from the first time it was shown. Did anyone notice that they edited out the clip when Bashir was talking to those kids? One of them was the one who accused him of abuse in the 2005 trial.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #662
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
You gotta hand it to the Jackson brothers! They sure do know how to capitalize on their meal ticket's tragic death. They must have learned from the best: dear, old, Dad.

Jacksons Headin' to Jamaica, Mon! | TMZ.com
You never heared of the saying "The Show must go on"? Not being funny, just saying!

When a family member dies, you do eventually HAVE to go back to work. That's all they are doing!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #663
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:42 AM
i just watched him perform in bucarest in '92

there is not one man on earth that will ever compare to his fans and his talent

he seemed so happy at what he was doing
Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #664
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
He's a cardiologist. Panic is something I would do because I'd feel untrained. This guy should have known better.

In retrospect, he should have called the ambulance first before administering CPR. That is also taught to us, but I guess it's all a moot point now.
You only lay them on the floor if they are standing up or sitting position, if they are already lying flat your in general good to go with the old cpr, I mean in a hospital they don't take the patient off the bed to give cpr, you in general don't have time to wait around to shift them around.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #665
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
both sons look like MJ, certainly in the eyes.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:46 AM   #666
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJT View Post
You only lay them on the floor if they are standing up or sitting position, if they are already lying flat your in general good to go with the old cpr, I mean in a hospital they don't take the patient off the bed to give cpr, you in general don't have time to wait around to shift them around.
In hospitals they generally have defibrillators on standby so the CPR isn't quite as important as what Jackson had. CPR is just meant to get the blood pumping again so the brain doesn't starve from oxygen deprivation. The chance CPR will get the heart back into rhythm is minimal at most.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #667
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:42 AM
I'm surprised, with all the other medical equipment such as IV stands and whatnot, that he didn't have a portable defibrillator (AED) at his home. We were taught to use them as lifeguards and have them in my school. If he did, in fact, have a weak pulse when the doctor found him . . .Anyway, I found that to be strange from the get-go.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #668
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
You gotta hand it to the Jackson brothers! They sure do know how to capitalize on their meal ticket's tragic death. They must have learned from the best: dear, old, Dad.

Jacksons Headin' to Jamaica, Mon! | TMZ.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
I really don't get this negativity.

Would there have been a Michale Jackson without the Jackson 5?

Did he capitalize on the Jackson 5 to launch his solo career?

These Jackson's have lost a family member, reconnecting with fans will probabaly ease their pain.

Do you really think Michael would be upset if people wanted to see them and enjoy some Jackson music?
Old 07-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #669
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Holy crap are any of you watching the CNN Larry King Interview with Joe Jackson???? This guy (Joe) is such a peice of shit!! Doesn't even know where his son's body is, never went to see his son in his gasket and a whole bunch of other shit. this guys is really scum!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #670
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I really don't get this negativity.

Would there have been a Michale Jackson without the Jackson 5?

Did he capitalize on the Jackson 5 to launch his solo career?

These Jackson's have lost a family member, reconnecting with fans will probabaly ease their pain.

Do you really think Michael would be upset if people wanted to see them and enjoy some Jackson music?
It just reeks of desperation at this time. Come on, everything this family does is about money. Do you honestly think they're going back out there because of the music? They were called the Jackson 5, but without their number 1, they don't really have much. That's not to say they aren't talented guys, but without Michael they never would have succeeded in the way they did. Who wants to see the Jackson 5 without Michael?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #671
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Holy crap are any of you watching the CNN Larry King Interview with Joe Jackson???? This guy (Joe) is such a peice of shit!! Doesn't even know where his son's body is, never went to see his son in his gasket and a whole bunch of other shit. this guys is really scum!
I didn't watch it, but, I read about it this morning. As if he didn't come off like enough of an asshole already, he really took it to a new level last night. I don't think the man understands that Michael Jackson was his child, his own flesh and blood. He just seems to think of him as a client and entertainer. I guess that's what happens when your only way of relating to your son(s) from a young age is as employees. The boys weren't allowed to call him Dad either, only Joe. What a jerk.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #672
ONE
love, blood, life

I was watching parts of the Bashir documentary on MSNBC the other night. There's a part in this link where he starts talking about how Joe used to beat him and his brothers, and it's incredibly heart-breaking. The worst part is Bashir, being a complete douche, pushing Michael to talk more about it, when the guy has his hands over his face and is practically in tears. It's clearly a subject that brings back happy memories for him, Martin. Also, I never noticed how patronizing Bashir is through-out the whole interview. Just because Michael acted like a child in many ways, doesn't mean Bashir needed to talk to him like he was 5 years old. He was an incredibly intelligent man.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #673
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
The thing I didn't like about the Bashir interview was how he inserted himself into the story. Long shots of Bashir sitting on the beach being contemplative, voiceovers about how his "concern was growing."

The subject of Michael Jackson is interesting/controversial/disturbing enough with the reporter making himself one of the factors in the story.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #674
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
It just reeks of desperation at this time. Come on, everything this family does is about money. Do you honestly think they're going back out there because of the music? They were called the Jackson 5, but without their number 1, they don't really have much. That's not to say they aren't talented guys, but without Michael they never would have succeeded in the way they did. Who wants to see the Jackson 5 without Michael?
It really doesn't matter to me why they're going out there. Even if it is for money - so? They have a proprietary interest in the music the same way that MJ did, and the fact that he was a lead does not preclude the remaining 4 from trying to make a living off this (regardless of the fact that some of them might be douchebags).

If nobody wants to see the Jackson 5 without Michael, well then the market will speak for itself and they won't be able to sell tickets and tour.

I guess I just don't really see what they're doing as outrageous...
Old 07-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #675
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
The thing I didn't like about the Bashir interview was how he inserted himself into the story. Long shots of Bashir sitting on the beach being contemplative, voiceovers about how his "concern was growing."

The subject of Michael Jackson is interesting/controversial/disturbing enough with the reporter making himself one of the factors in the story.
This is dead on.

Tags
michael jackson