R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just downloaded the Memorial Service as individual mp3 tracks including the speeches. There are a few performances I like listening to.

I'm glad the mother got the kids, but I hope Debbie Rowe didn't get any more money. What happens if Katherine passes away before the children are grown?

Well, Diana Ross is listed in his will as his second choice for guardian should anything happen to Katherine. Whether that wish would be granted by a court since she's not a member of the family, would remain to be seen, but seeing as Michael's oldest sister and her husband will reportedly be doing much of the day-to-day raising of the kids, it's more likely that they'd petition for custody should anything happen to Mrs. Jackson. As for Debbie, she's not getting any more money other than the spousal support she's been receiving since she and Michael divorced. The amount of the payments, or how and when they're given isn't known, and it's not our business, but she didn't ask for or get any more money now.

As for Debbie, she's not getting any more money other than the spousal support she's been receiving since she and Michael divorced. The amount of the payments, or how and when they're given isn't known, and it's not our business, but she didn't ask for or get any more money now.

None of this is really our business when you think about it.

here's an interesting thought with regards to his public memorial:

to quote from a Six feet Under episode season 2 titled "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

Taylor: "...They mustn't have liked that dead man very much"

David: Why do you say that?

Taylor: they're all singing now that hes dead

I keep meaning to post this but every time I remember I'm not near a computer.

I went to LA a few weeks ago and made a stop at the MJ star on the walk of fame. I had planned to take something long before I even boarded the plane. When I went to Strawberry Fields a few years ago I regretted not taking something to leave there, just because.
Anyway, I took this little bear and a notecard on which I wrote "Thanks for the thrill." I surprised my family with it and gave them a Sharpie to sign the card as well, and they did:
5730_653129062148_18724182_38117832_2708447_n.jpg

5730_653129067138_18724182_38117833_5533040_n.jpg

Once we left the bear people started to crowd around the star and take photos. Slackers! Should have brought something!
5730_653129087098_18724182_38117836_3409848_n.jpg

Later that night when we drove by the star again it was completely surrounded by at least 100 people. We could even tell where the star was, there were so many people.

On the back of the note I wrote "Please donate this bear" knowing full well that someone would take it anyway. It was just a final ditch effort to be nice.

I didn't get to pass by the star again until Friday in the morning. I woke up extra early to do some souvenir shopping but everything was closed. The walk was eerily empty for a 7:30 am stroll:
5730_654414750618_18724182_38172289_1246801_n.jpg

Up ahead in the distance I saw a little figure on the sidewalk. A father and his daughter were taking photos of a star. When I got closer I realized that my bear was still there, four whole days after putting it down.

5730_654346971448_18724182_38170668_2430383_n.jpg

My jaw dropped. I couldn't believe it was still there. The note was gone, but not the black ribbon that I tied it to. I was really happy to be there alone and witnessing this. I just stood there for a few minutes taking it in. Never in a thousand years would I imagine that the thousands of people that were there that week would actually let a little bear sit relatively untouched (the Ty tag was still on it!!).

MJ :up:

Los Angeles :up:

Even more remarkable is that I managed to lose half the photos of my vacation, but that morning I decided against taking my camera and just taking my phone. Because of this I have the proof of this story. :heart:

And as if I needed more of a reason to creep me out, "Human Nature" just came on my shuffle. :uhoh:

Awesome story and pics, Tiger!:heart:

On a side note, Daddy Dearest said today that they're finally going to bury Michael on his birthday, August 29th. Wonderful. They're burying the poor man on his birthday. You stay classy, Jackson family.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this since the news is days old now, but Sony has officially won the bidding war with AEG and the Jackson estate for the rights to edit over 80 hours of rehearsal footage for the "This Is It" tour into a feature film of the same title to be released October 30.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this since the news is days old now, but Sony has officially won the bidding war with AEG and the Jackson estate for the rights to edit over 80 hours of rehearsal footage for the "This Is It" tour into a feature film of the same title to be released October 30.

I am so excited about that, but it'll be sad too, seeing how close he was to reclaiming the throne.:sad:

Michael Jackson will be buried Aug. 29 at Forest Lawn, his father says
August 17, 2009 | 7:59 am

There's been so much chatter about when and where Michael Jackson is going be laid to rest that it is hard to keep up.

But now, the pop star's father, Joe Jackson is weighing in, saying his son will be buried Aug. 29, what would have been his 51st birthday, at Forest Lawn-Hollywood Hills. In an interview with the New York Daily News, Joe Jackson said the burial plans were finalized in the last few days. Jackson said fans will be able to buy a blue ray dvd of the burial at www.ranchrecords.com. Jackson said twenty per cent of the proceeds will be donated to the Pediatric AIDS Foundation

Pediatric AIDS Foundation :up:

In other cash in related news - a local cinema here in Melbourne (the Jam Factory for the local peeps) has Moonwalker back on the big screen for one week only - screens 6 times a day. Having never seen it on the big screen I went along this afternoon and the 3pm session was full. There was singing along, and even a few sobs (not from me) when he turns into a robot and flies away. Then he comes back and sings 'Come Together'. Hmm. Oh well - good laughs nonetheless. The guy must have been drugged when he came up with the 'Smooth Criminal' mini-movie. Genius - absolutely. :drool:

Coroner's preliminary finding: Jackson overdosed on propofol - CNN.com

Sure looks like they're going to charge him. I don't think he did it on purpose. He should lose his medical license for malpractice and irresponsible medical behavior but not go to jail. I'm sure he didn't want to hurt MJ. Why kill his cash cow? He was paying him well. This is why I don't believe he meant to hurt him.

hence the (supposed) manslaughter charge. 1st and 2nd degree would imply intent

I don't know of any evidence or even any implication that anyone thinks that Dr. Murray intended to harm Michael. As a doctor, he does have certain ethical standards he promised to abide by, and he didn't when he gave a patient an anesthetic drug for a non-surgical purpose. The man is a cardiologist. He obviously was well-aware of the severe danger Propofol poses when used for anything other than its purpose. He could have told Michael no. He may have gotten fired, but he wouldn't be in the mess he's likely to be in, and Michael would probably still be alive. Granted, Michael does bear some responsibility for never seeking help for his addictions, but he also clearly didn't really have anyone that he was close to in his life that was truly willing to stand up to him and fight him on this. They were more concerned with money or the closeness to fame or whatever they were looking for from him than they were with Michael himself.

Back
Top Bottom