R.I.P. Michael Jackson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
paris jackson's tears shows how little humanity does come along

michael jackson bridged the gap of race and gender with his music, videos and concert shows.

michael jackson was a seriously motivated person. full of drive and ambition. trying to make a difference, being innovative, being "relevant"

but at the end of the day all that is left is his music, the only thing that will live on for us. and for michael jackson himself, his children

the world didnt stop/ end when he died. it just felt like that for some, his daughter crying proved for how big a 'superstar' he was, for all the controversies, a person has died, and people all react to loss.

You are right, when I had to do CPR on my Pop. My mom in law and I had to lay him on the floor. As instructed by the emergency operator. 911 should have been called immediately, unless Michael was already dead. Something doesn't seem right here.

All we have to do ( and I hope the investigators do too) is to hear the 911 call. The guy who called clearly states MJ is on the bed and CPR is being done by Dr Murray. And then we find this DR. did this for 30-40 minutes before the 911 call. I hope an invesigation into Dr Murray happens because I believe he was giving him the anesthetic because the original reports said he gave it him 1 hour before he went into cardiac arrest. Also I read Dr. Murray is not allowed to give drugs in CA. Ofcourse he denies everything but I ask anyone to listen to the 911 call it should be on YouTube. Something is very fishy and wrong here. I am actually happy that La Toya and Joe are saying this is a murder. Murder has many different angles so at the very least manslaughter would seem right.

paris jackson's tears shows how little humanity does come along

michael jackson bridged the gap of race and gender with his music, videos and concert shows.

michael jackson was a seriously motivated person. full of drive and ambition. trying to make a difference, being innovative, being "relevant"

but at the end of the day all that is left is his music, the only thing that will live on for us. and for michael jackson himself, his children

the world didnt stop/ end when he died. it just felt like that for some, his daughter crying proved for how big a 'superstar' he was, for all the controversies, a person has died, and people all react to loss.

Well said. Paris to many of us shows the greatness of Jackson.

I wonder though when will this outpouring happen again ? In my opinion never. Who in this world will die that will cause so many of us in humanity to come together and tribute and become so interested ? If the Pope dies 2 billion Christians will mourn but I don't think there will be tribute concerts. Madonna ? I don't think so. Obama well he (in my opinion) has fucked things up fiscally that it won't happen either, i.e, he's no JFK. So who else ? Michael Jackson was the last of our planet I think that's why I think there's been so much outpouring.

Without re-reading this entire thread, has anyone purchased any of the special edition magazine issues (TIME, Rolling Stone, People) dedicated to MJ? I know TIME is $5.99 and RS is $9.99, I am wondering if it worth the purchase price, or which issue might be more worth the price.

Without re-reading this entire thread, has anyone purchased any of the special edition magazine issues (TIME, Rolling Stone, People) dedicated to MJ? I know TIME is $5.99 and RS is $9.99, I am wondering if it worth the purchase price, or which issue might be more worth the price.

I have both. They're both beautifully done, but RS definitely has a lot more inside if you're only looking to buy one.:up:

MJ again had albums selling like hotcakes in the US and around the world. The Number Ones album by my calculations has sold more then U2 has in the US with NLOTH since it came out. If it hasnt already it certainly will have done by next weeks sales period.

The King Of Pop will live on, its hard to find a MJ CD in the stores right now they are selling so fast :)

I hope we get to see a DVD of the rehersal like has been mentioned I think it would be appopriate.

I was really looking forward to the tour.

TMZ is getting word that the LAPD are treating Jackson's death as a homicide. :ohmy: They're fully investigating the doctor.

I guarantee you he is guilty. No doctor in his right mind would knowingly give a patient enough meds to kill him, no matter what the patient wanted. This guy only saw dollar signs if he kept MJ happy and nothing in his pocket if he actually sat down and advised him of the consequences of such a dose. It would be even worse if he personally administrated the drugs.

Plus, who the fuck does CPR on a bed? I'm sorry, but in my measly two hour training course, the first thing they teach you is to put the victim on the floor. He might as well have been giving CPR to the mattress. :huh:

He's a cardiologist. Panic is something I would do because I'd feel untrained. This guy should have known better.

In retrospect, he should have called the ambulance first before administering CPR. That is also taught to us, but I guess it's all a moot point now.

It was funny how the judge yelled at Joe for wanting to put the kids on stage, he said he's not their manager, he's their grandfather. I'm going to be really pissed if Debbie Rowe gets money to shut up and go away. She has never been a mother to those kids and still doesn't want to be, she is only milking it for money. How will that make the children feel to know their mother doesn't really love them or want them and never did?

Has U2 ever done a tribute yet? I saw the one of the fans in Stockholm, but that wasn't the band. What did they say?

They've been dedicating "Angel of Harlem" and "Desire" to him, as well as playing snippets of "Man in the Mirror", "Billie Jean" and "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" during those songs.

It was funny how the judge yelled at Joe for wanting to put the kids on stage, he said he's not their manager, he's their grandfather. I'm going to be really pissed if Debbie Rowe gets money to shut up and go away. She has never been a mother to those kids and still doesn't want to be, she is only milking it for money. How will that make the children feel to know their mother doesn't really love them or want them and never did?

Has U2 ever done a tribute yet? I saw the one of the fans in Stockholm, but that wasn't the band. What did they say?

Whoa. How did you hear what the judge said to/about Joe? As far as I know they haven't had a custody hearing yet. It was postponed again supposedly because Katherine and Debbie are trying to come to some sort of agreement (whether that's about actual custody or finances or whatnot hasn't been made clear). As for U2, on opening night of the tour, the band played "Angel of Harlem" and dedicated it to Michael with Bono talking about what a genius he was and then they snippeted "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" and "Man in the Mirror". :heart:

ETA: TigerEdge, thanks for the info! I didn't know they were still remembering him during the show. That's awesome!

Whoa. How did you hear what the judge said to/about Joe? As far as I know they haven't had a custody hearing yet.

I don't know what it was, but it was on Larry King last night. The judge was a baldheaded white guy, they showed him. Maybe it was just commentary, but that's what he said.

As for U2, on opening night of the tour, the band played "Angel of Harlem" and dedicated it to Michael with Bono talking about what a genius he was and then they snippeted "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" and "Man in the Mirror".

Thanks for the info. I wonder why they chose AOH?

I don't know what it was, but it was on Larry King last night. The judge was a baldheaded white guy, they showed him. Maybe it was just commentary, but that's what he said.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why they chose AOH?

I have no idea. Bono mentioned having a lot of conversations or seeing Michael a lot over the years, something along the lines. Maybe he'd mentioned liking the song or something like that?

I wonder why they chose AOH?

This is why

Wikipedia:
The Jackson 5 had a number of admirers in their early days, including Sam & Dave, who helped the group secure a spot in the famous Amateur Night competition at the Apollo Theater in Harlem. The group won the August 13, 1967, competition during the Amateur Night showdown at the Apollo, impressing Motown Records artist Gladys Knight. Knight recommended the group to Motown chief Berry Gordy...

It's been about a week or so since I last visited this thread but I just wanted to add my thoughts about his memorial service last week. I was listening to it on the radio where they had Paul Gabaccini commentating like it was a weird sports event. Some of his comments were so random: "I've met Usher twice", "I don't know where the toilets are, I suppose they will be holding it in throughout the ceremony" and "Simon Cowell will be pleased". WTF? Then we had Mariah Carrey warbling. I hate Mariah Carrey. I don't like her voice, it sounds like someone bending a wire.

On the news afterwards there was an utterly tasteless report on it. The reporter was comparing his funeral to Princess Diana's funeral. Diana: hoards of weeping mouners outside the church. MJ: crowds of weeping fans. Diana: one superstar celebrity performing called Elton John. MJ: a few more singers performing at the service. Final score: Diana 2 Michael Jackson 3. Then Michael will go on to meet Tuten Karmen in the final.

This is why

Wikipedia:
The Jackson 5 had a number of admirers in their early days, including Sam & Dave, who helped the group secure a spot in the famous Amateur Night competition at the Apollo Theater in Harlem. The group won the August 13, 1967, competition during the Amateur Night showdown at the Apollo, impressing Motown Records artist Gladys Knight. Knight recommended the group to Motown chief Berry Gordy...

I was thinking that too. It is of course technically where the got their start, but the Jackson 5 or Michael was never based/lived there, so I didn't know if that was U2's reasoning for playing AOH. It makes sense though.:up:

the BET awards were rather stupid and good at the same time. This was because first someone would say something profound and I felt emotional. Then this same person would say something proposterous and I would swing the other way and get really cross at this idiot. I felt as though I was on malaria tablets. I was going to ring up and complain about whatever it was that was obstructing my view until I realized that it was the reflection from the shadow of my arm because I was flapping them about so much.

It looks like MJ will be the top selling artist of 2009...not surprising.

I saw that Pepsi video last night an it was disturbing and sad at the same time too. That lead to his addiction to pain killers and his many surgeries.

^Well, he'd definitely had a nose job or 2 before that. Thriller came out a couple years before the Pepsi commercial, and his nose looked much different even then as opposed to his pre Off The Wall days. They say he had his first nose job as early as 79 because he fell onstage during a Jackson 5 show and had to have surgery to fix the damage to his nose.

watched the edited Bashir interview again last night, at times MJ comes across sweet and others he is stressed/hyper.

of course they edited out his boy pal at time.

but I have to say seeing this man walk round his 'favourite store' - made me wonder, how many times he had gone in, what happened to when a room had too much stuff - if ever - its amazing seeing him pick two vases at half a million quid each.

I mean, really.

but a bit stressful watching him feed Blanket with, literally, a blanket over his head, while a hyper MJ tries to calm with agitated leg movement (okay, to calm baby)
his whole tone of voice was annoyance too. the accusations of course of baby over balcony.

ah well.

but sad to see him deny all the surgery.

watched the edited Bashir interview again last night, at times MJ comes across sweet and others he is stressed/hyper.

of course they edited out his boy pal at time.

but I have to say seeing this man walk round his 'favourite store' - made me wonder, how many times he had gone in, what happened to when a room had too much stuff - if ever - its amazing seeing him pick two vases at half a million quid each.

I mean, really.

but a bit stressful watching him feed Blanket with, literally, a blanket over his head, while a hyper MJ tries to calm with agitated leg movement (okay, to calm baby)
his whole tone of voice was annoyance too. the accusations of course of baby over balcony.

ah well.

but sad to see him deny all the surgery.

Blanket looks like him i wonder if he was his bioligical dad ? His eyes look like MJ's.

Yeh I watched the Bashir thing again last night too. Was hard to watch him get so upset about the beatings his father used to give them :sad:

He sure looked agitated at the end, especially with Blanket. I wonder if it was the drugs, if there is truth in that one?

He sure was fairly good looking in some of them pictures behind where he was sitting. One thing for sure, he may not have loved himself very much, but he dotted on them kids!

I agree with you Abycka, if any of them are to be his kids I would say Blanket is, he does look like him. But he reckons all of them are from his sperm cells, but I wonder how much of that was BS? seeing as he denied having plastic surgery.

The Pepsi commercial made me feel sick. There is NO WAY his hair would have grown back there again :ohmy: The pain must have been out of this world! (Thinking about when I burnt my hand once, that hurt like crap)

Back
Top Bottom