R.I.P. Michael Jackson - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I am capable of having compassion and empathy for both Michael Jackson and Joseph Jackson.

Can you tell me what official diagnosis Michael Jackson had that permits you to be tolerant of his behavior?
Since this is an RIP thread and that's really enough deep..I am capable of compassion for his father too, but that doesn't mean I can't question his behavior. Old, medicated or not,whatever. We will see how his behavior will continue to play out, especially if it's true that he was left out of the will. Ok? Maybe it will be good-and that would be great.

I am not "tolerant" of Michael's behavior either, and you have enough smarts to know that already. The man is dead- so I have nothing more to say about it other than I hope he finds the peace in death that he seemingly never had in life, and I feel so sorry for his kids.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:40 PM   #287
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Netherland is on alert for the impending stampede of Jackson fans this coming weekend

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_documents/0630_barrak.pdf

Old 06-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #288
Refugee

Local Time: 01:09 PM
JAcko is #1 in USA on Hits Daily Double
Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:09 PM
CBS is doing a 48 Hours show on Michael tonight.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #290
Refugee

Local Time: 12:09 AM
I find it disgusting, Michael hasn't even been buried. And "Family" is disputing his will.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:14 AM   #291
ONE
love, blood, life

first, I'll say that I'm a little tipsy after tonight, but tomorrow is Canada Day, so a lot of bars in Toronto are having fun nights. A bunch of friends and I went out to a place called Sneaky Dee's tonight because it was a Michael Jackson appreciation night. Let me tell you that it was the most fun I've ever had at a bar ever! I'm not a prude or a stick in the mud either. I love to have fun, but tonight was something different all together. I got there early, but by 11:30, there was a massive line up out the door. They played everything from ABC to You Rock My World and everyone was loving it (and ended with everyone singing along to Man in the Mirror ). There was so much energy. It was completely insane. Everyone just having a good time and dancing like crazy to MJ. I was telling my girlfriend (whos 7 years younger and doesnt quite get it) that something like this will NEVER happen again. What musician can you think of that is so massive and brings all different types of people together like Michael Jackson does? I dont think someone like that exists anymore. This is for real a unique time and I really hope that Michael Jackson is the soundtrack for the summer of '09. It was really a special night and I'll never forget it. For fellow Torontonians, tomorrow night at Dundas Square, apparently something similar will happen and we'll have another MJ dance party. If you missed out on tonight, dont miss out on tomorrow. I hope its as good and there should be a tonne more people. I'm so happy I decided to go out tonight.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
What musician can you think of that is so massive and brings all different types of people together like Michael Jackson does?
Exactly! And it's not just races, but ages as well. We had a Michael Jackson power hour () at work on Monday, no drinking, but everyone (except for my boss because he's a Debbie Dower and says that he has heard too much MJ voluntarily already) was having a great time with it. Our ages in the office range from 69 to 23, and everyone was singing along. I don't think you'll be able to find that ever again. MJ was just cool to listen to, nevermind your age.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #293
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Sad news indeed. I have the horrible feeling, had it not happened, now, the tour would have done him in. I spose in one respect its better it happened now than mid stage or something.

Also, I was looking though his auction a few weeks/months ago when he was selling off his stuff, DAMN he had the best arcade in the world! Loads of old games and stuff. I'd have quite happily gone round to his house as a kid, allegations or not.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #294
ONE
love, blood, life

U2 opened the show last night by playing "Angel of Harlem" and then "Man in the Mirror" as a tribute to MJ.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #295
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post

U2 opened the show last night by playing "Angel of Harlem" and then "Man in the Mirror" as a tribute to MJ.
ngl, that was the first time I teared up since his passing.

The above is a U2 spoiler, btw.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #296
Refugee

Local Time: 12:09 AM
Quote:
first, I'll say that I'm a little tipsy after tonight, but tomorrow is Canada Day, so a lot of bars in Toronto are having fun nights. A bunch of friends and I went out to a place called Sneaky Dee's tonight because it was a Michael Jackson appreciation night. Let me tell you that it was the most fun I've ever had at a bar ever! I'm not a prude or a stick in the mud either. I love to have fun, but tonight was something different all together. I got there early, but by 11:30, there was a massive line up out the door. They played everything from ABC to You Rock My World and everyone was loving it (and ended with everyone singing along to Man in the Mirror ). There was so much energy. It was completely insane. Everyone just having a good time and dancing like crazy to MJ. I was telling my girlfriend (whos 7 years younger and doesnt quite get it) that something like this will NEVER happen again. What musician can you think of that is so massive and brings all different types of people together like Michael Jackson does? I dont think someone like that exists anymore. This is for real a unique time and I really hope that Michael Jackson is the soundtrack for the summer of '09. It was really a special night and I'll never forget it. For fellow Torontonians, tomorrow night at Dundas Square, apparently something similar will happen and we'll have another MJ dance party. If you missed out on tonight, dont miss out on tomorrow. I hope its as good and there should be a tonne more people. I'm so happy I decided to go out tonight.
Sounds like a great time! And thanks for sharing.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #297
Ghost of Love

Quote:
For fellow Torontonians, tomorrow night at Dundas Square, apparently something similar will happen and we'll have another MJ dance party. If you missed out on tonight, dont miss out on tomorrow. I hope its as good and there should be a tonne more people. I'm so happy I decided to go out tonight.
Hey Jive Turkey

DIdn't know you were from Toronto...and read your post about being at Sneaky's last night...is the Dundas Sq thing tonight (Canada Day?) I really want to be at whatever public dance party there is...let me know pls?

thx!!

EDIT: Google is my friend lol:

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/a.../30/c3173.html

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Take photos! Or better yet, video!
Old 07-01-2009, 11:56 AM   #299
Ghost of Love

I'll be there, for sure, already got lots of ppl interested! I'll shoot some stuff Elizabeth, for sure! It's being hosted by a dj who's really renowned for excellent mixes, so it should be crazy (Starting from Scratch, kindof a local dj celeb here)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:52 PM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

TMZ, as usual, has a pdf copy of his will. In it he names Katherine as legal guardian, and in the event of her death...

Diana Ross.

wut?

Tags
michael jackson